ADVERTISEMENT

Army West Point Invite Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up in advance. Please use this thread for all discussions about PSU wrestlers, and other wrestlers, in the Army West Point Invite.

TV
None

Video Streaming
Available on FloWrestling for those with a FloPro subscription

Radio
WRSC (93.3 FM)

Audio Streaming
Hmm, this has me confused. A link to the audio play-by-play does not appear on GoPSUsports.com at this time. The Match Notes do indicate that audio coverage of Byers will be streamed for the Invite. If GoPSUsports.com posts a link tomorrow, hopefully one of you will provide it for the others.

I'm out for PBP. Hopefully one or more of you will pitch in and provide some coverage of the matches involving PSU wrestlers. A gentle reminder to always include the final score of each match in your posts.

Those in attendance, here's hoping you have a blast. @RoarLions1, I'm sorry I won't be able to join you for this tournament.

a possible small clarification:

I expect the radio broadcast to be on ESPN Radio 1450AM/103.7FM (not WRSC) and it is not expected to start until 10.30am.

GoPSU audio stream will carry coverage between 9.40-10.30am (And thru the end). While Tom mentions there is currently no browser link on the website, the Army Tournament is listed in the GoPSU app for audio streaming for those who have that option.

Te
Wow. This is just a shadow of the Michigan team with all the redshirts. Would have liked to see Cassar-Paris. But it will be fun to see some intrasquad matches with our guys!
Stencil Parris should be the best matchup of the tourney....

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Italian Lion's message 2 threw me off.

:eek: sorry for confusion, was trying to convey my understanding that Radio broadcast users will not have coverage until 10.30am (after the tourney has already started)

GoPSU streams will have full coverage beginning at 9.40am.

hope that makes it clear as mud now! :p

:eek: sorry for confusion, was trying to convey my understanding that Radio broadcast users that they will not have coverage until 10.30am (after the tourney has already started)

GoPSU streams will have full coverage beginning at 9.40am.

hope that makes it clear as mud now! :p
Ohhhhhh, now I get it.

Te

Stencil Parris should be the best matchup of the tourney....

Would like to think so -- but Parris's kryptonite last year was big heavies . . . and Stencel is huge. I like Parris a lot, but I think Stencel decks him in the 3rd.

Reactions: nerfstate
Looking at brackets and man does this tournament stink.

No Berge, Rasheed, Cassar.

Hmmm, not to be a worry wart but....

Berge - two weeks later? I really hope this isn't turning out to be a Sydney Crosby like post concussion syndrome story. He needs the work and not going make today doesn't make sense. Where is Spyker, what's happening in the room?

Rasheed - I get it, no problem

Cassar - There must be more to the story here, I guess he is either sick or banged up. He was supposed to be a go at the Ferrel but was a no show there as well. I thought why give Gable a look anyway. AC will need to run the table at the US open now - 2019 NCAA champions don't get an auto Oly trials qualifier do they? I worry about him lifting to much weight to be honest. One of these days he might pull something doing a rediculously large dead lift. That said no Hoopes? Dang it. (Correction he is going 197) There has been a lot of press on how Parris had jumped a level this year. It would have been fun seeing that crash and burn.

In any case injuries may be the deciding factor for both the Iowa dual and in March and my only wish is that we go into both at 100% strength

:eek: Oh-oh... link in GoPSU app now takes to GoPSUSports.com that doesn’t have a link. Perhaps one of you technical wizards and send one of those tweet things to PSU wrestling to let them know

Berge - two weeks later? I really hope this isn't turning out to be a Sydney Crosby like post concussion syndrome story. He needs the work and not going make today doesn't make sense. Where is Spyker, what's happening in the room?

Cassar - There must be more to the story here, I guess he is either sick or banged up. He was supposed to be a go at the Ferrel but was a no show there as well. I thought why give Gable a look anyway. AC will need to run the table at the US open now - 2019 NCAA champions don't get an auto Oly trials qualifier do they? I worry about him lifting to much weight to be honest. One of these days he might pull something doing a rediculously large dead lift. That said no Hoopes? Dang it. (Correction he is going 197) There has been a lot of press on how Parris had jumped a level this year. It would have been fun seeing that crash and burn.

In any case injuries may be the deciding factor for both the Iowa dual and in March and my only wish is that we go into both at 100% strength
Top 5 at the qualifier in texas qualify, as do 2020 champs. There is also the top 2 at the last chance qualifier. If healthy, Anthony will qualify.
http://content.themat.com/forms/2020-OLY-MFS.pdf

Reactions: diggerpup
Parris beat Stencel 9-2 at the MSU Open two weeks ago.

Ha, guess I missed that one!

6a00d8341bf80c53ef015390e305b6970b-320wi.jpg

Reactions: Ja1339

No regular fan knows the real story, but I suspect that PSU will be ultra cautious with Berge's concussion, even if he appears to be fine. Would not be surprised if we don't see Berge until December.

Edit - Taking a closer look at the schedule, with nothing from Dec 8 until January, Berge could well be held out until 2020. We'll see.

No clue about Cassar's status. Hopefully it's minor and short term.

Last edited:
Trying to get the audio on my computer. LionVision isn't opening the audio in Firefox, Opera or Chrome.

Concussions are no joke. Better to be waaaaaaaay safe right now, than come back too soon. I used to be old school as well, but we had some eye opening experience with it last year.

He got a concussion in early November (only brief unconsciousness, nothing like Berge) and wasn't cleared to practice until after Christmas. Did a 2 and medical in an open in early January and finally took the mat in mid-January. It was a conservative approach and worked out great. And, I can tell you, he wasn't near 100% for over a month. Maybe close to two.

If Berge isn't wrestling until January, so be it. Who cares? Honestly, the season is too long anyway, these first couple of months are much more important to the young guys than a guy like Berge. Right now he's saving wear and tear on his body and getting his head right - don't push it. The last thing you want to do is get another one right on top of the first - that's when things get worrisome.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT