ADVERTISEMENT

American Discussion Thread

What do you think about Kerkvliet if he is indeed our heavy?
He beat Jordan Wood twice at the U23 Trials this past offseason.

So set his floor to 5th, with the potential to reach 3rd over Cass and Stencel. (He's never faced either of them as far as I can find.)

Not sure he can beat Steveson or Parris to make the finals -- can't rule it out, but those two are wrestling so well this year, not something you'd plan on happening.

So set his floor to 5th, with the potential to reach 3rd over Cass and Stencel. (He's never faced either of them as far as I can find.)

Not sure he can beat Steveson or Parris to make the finals -- can't rule it out, but those two are wrestling so well this year, not something you'd plan on happening.

Thanks, I hope you're right with the floor. If Kerk is the guy, it would be so sweeeeet if he could follow in Cassar's footsteps and beat 4-time champion Steveson.

So happy for Shack he ends his Rec Hall days with a cradle for the fall.

Agree Tikk! After all the Beard talk the last few weeks, and the doubts about Shak, I was so thrilled he ended his Rec Hall career this way.

I've certainly been one of the doubting Thomas' regarding Shak, and I must admit to feeling conflicted. Part of me really wanted to see Beard over the last few weeks, but a bigger part of me really wants to see Shak end his career on a high note. I'll be absolutely thrilled if Shak can go on a nice run in Minnesota and become an AA.

Can someone who was there today comment on the crowd reaction for Shak during Senior Day festivities? Going to miss this gang if seniors, that's for sure.

Verk wrestles for a one takedown match.... he loves 3-1, 3-2, SV matches.
He has been showing small week to week improvements, so I’m hopeful he may earn more points, at nationals, than we had anticipated. Knowing his medical situation, he may have no other option, than to wrestle a close low scoring match.

Reactions: diggerpup
SENIOR DAY! Congrats to team manager Tom Williams, and wrestlers; Austin Clabaugh, Kyle Conel, Dominic Giannangeli, Mark Hall, Vincenzo Joseph, Shakur Rasheed, and Devin Schnupp. Thanks for the memories, though there's more to be made in 2020...

Sad day in two respects. Going to miss this senior class. Also thanks to some of you here I am addicted to Myers Dairy chocolate milk. I will need to go cold turkey and restart my addiction next season.

Just wait till you have their chocolate ice cream

I’ve watched this board and the psu wrestling team for a very long time. I rarely post because people usually beat me to the punch. I was a mediocre wrestler at best but always have loved the sport. With that being said, people better watch out for RBY. The kid has always had the skill level to compete with the best. Winning some and losing some. He now has confidence which he has lacked. I would not be surprised if he wins a loaded 133 this year. So excited for March.

SENIOR DAY! Congrats to team manager Tom Williams, and wrestlers; Austin Clabaugh, Kyle Conel, Dominic Giannangeli, Mark Hall, Vincenzo Joseph, Shakur Rasheed, and Devin Schnupp. Thanks for the memories, though there's more to be made in 2020...

Good Luck gentlemen! It is has been great watching you past these four!

So next year you think things will shake out as follows?

165 - Joe Lee
174 - Carter Starocci
197 - Beard

Seniors competing among themselves for fastest pin.

RBY competing with Jason Nolf for most destruction in one period.

I always keep score at the matches. Jason Nolf drove me crazy because of his never ending takedowns, I'd be writing his first period action into the first, second and third period slot of the program. Then I would make a dark line to mark the end of the first period (if the opponent survived that far). The dark line was usually where the SV was to be recorded.

RBY pulled a Nolf on my program yesterday.

It was good to see alumni such at Jason and Bo in the house supporting their former teammates. Not sure if he was there yesterday, but Nick is also always there to support his baby brother.

Shak’s knee wraps are sending a message to Iowa: Beware the Curse of The Mummy! :)

ERfKnTpWsAESHg5

Does anyone have "free" videos of GK wrestling this year? I'd love to see the Hoffman match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT