ADVERTISEMENT

American Discussion Thread

The match notes show it's at BJC today. That might be fun with THON going on there :)
fo3srJw.png

The #1 thing I want to see today is Shak locking up a cradle. Maybe he’s too injured and there is no chance of the Shak of old. But I think there is some left in there somewhere. And maybe, just maybe, locking up a cradle gives him a shot of confidence that can bring a little bit of that out.

I know some out there have written him off, but I think a little confidence and a few more weeks could get him in shape enough to make a run at an All-American spot.

Lee with 2 TDs. Worked over Profacci from top the last minute or so. 4-1 end of one.

Lee with a reversal to start the 2nd. Just misses a cradle. Profacci escape. Lee fights off a shot from Profacci. 6-2 end of 2.

Profacci starts on bottom. Stall warning against Profacci. Lee gives up the escape. Lee just misses a late TD. 7-3 with RT for Lee. Profacci is much improved this season.

Last edited:
Lee gets the relatively low scoring win over Profaci. Was hoping for a bonus, but he never got his take down or turn game going

Uh oh, I owe @dicemen99 an apology for ever doubting him re Clarke. To defend my pick, Verk has really showed steady improvement over the season. Clarke wanted no part of him the entire match.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Matches like this are why I don't understand everyone handing the Championship to Iowa or anyone for that matter. Duals are one thing, a national tournament is another. It's a war and you never know who's going to catch lightning in a bottle, or fold up their tent.

Gardner almost had Karsten on his back. Karsten fights it off and ends in a stalemate. No points. Gardner fights off a nice shot, another stalemate. As JB said, good action. Especially for a 0-0 end of one.

Karsten with a quick escape. Karsten in on another shot and works into a TD. Almost turning Gardner. 2nd ends 0-3.

Gardner with a quick escape. Nice double leg by Gardner! Karsten escape 3-4. Another TD by Gardner!!! Karsten escape 5-5. Gardner with another TD. He's breaking him. Rides him out. 7-5 Gardner!!!! Gas tank Gardner or is that nickname already taken?

Last edited:
Sounds like Berge is done for the year.

Yeah, not sure what you're watching or listening to, but JB said flat out that it appears Berge's done for the season and Gardner and Pipher will wrestle off for the spot. Still wish like hell that Joe Lee could come in and wrestle, I know......

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
ADVERTISEMENT