ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling AJ Ferrari done for the season

And wouldn't you know, there was MVPFAN to like all of it. Shocking.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: creamery freak
For some reason Ferrari reminds me of PDIII. I wouldn't be surprised if he exits stage left way before his wrestling eligibility is up. I get making dumb mistakes when you're young but at some point one of these bad decisions is gonna bite him. Or he'll just move on to MMA or WWE where his personality and athleticism can make him some $$$$

I hope he sticks around and wrestles, though, as he's fun to watch for sure.

Reactions: creamery freak
For some reason Ferrari reminds me of PDIII. I wouldn't be surprised if he exits stage left way before his wrestling eligibility is up. I get making dumb mistakes when you're young but at some point one of these bad decisions is gonna bite him. Or he'll just move on to MMA or WWE where his personality and athleticism can make him some $$$$

I don't see them as remotely similar.

I'm with Roar on this one.. He's not everyone's cup of tea but he's not as volatile as PDIII..
Hope both of them grow up a bit and wish the best for both of them.

I'm with Roar on this one.. He's not everyone's cup of tea but he's not as volatile as PDIII..
Hope both of them grow up a bit and wish the best for both of them.
Plus AJ is a championship-level wrestler. PDIII… not so much.

Reactions: nitlion6

PD3:
Says he'll show up for stuff then never does VARIOUS times after people go out of their way to accommodate him
Sells singlets, collects the money then doesn't send (until he gets outed)
Calls women's wrestling boring and says nobody wants to watch it.
Has legitimately been charged with various crimes

AJ Ferrari:
Celebrates very creatively then brags about his deadlift on National TV
Films videos of himself flexing, dancing and playing with guns (the last part is dangerous)
Is an insanely reckless driver and shouldn't be allowed to for a long time

One of the above is a total scumbag. The other is a stupid college sophomore with a lot of growing up to do. Not remotely fair to compare the two.

Last edited:
PD3:
Says he'll show up for stuff then never does VARIOUS times after people go out of their way to accommodate him
Legitimately is charged with various crimes

AJ Ferrari:
Films videos of himself flexing, dancing and playing with guns (the last part is dangerous)

One of the above is a total scumbag. The other is a stupid college sophomore with a lot of growing up to do. Not remotely fair to compare the two.
I don't disagree w/ your main points here, but I also don't really see how taking your shirt off and flexing is "creative." Funny, because we all know "that guy," but he's not exactly an innovator....

That said, AJ is a talent with a ton of support, but some growing to do. Pat is now probably as fully adult as he's likely going to get, and that ain't good news for him.

I don't disagree w/ your main points here, but I also don't really see how taking your shirt off and flexing is "creative." Funny, because we all know "that guy," but he's not exactly an innovator....

That said, AJ is a talent with a ton of support, but some growing to do. Pat is now probably as fully adult as he's likely going to get, and that ain't good news for him.
Maybe creative isn't the right word. If you want to call it immature and childish, then that's fair.

Being an idiot (which I think AJ is a lot of times tbh) =/= bad person, which I've very much concluded PD3 is now. Don't care about the alleged "oh he's a nice guy in person" or "he has a tough life" that some people say. The stuff he does is just not something someone with high character does or says.

Reactions: Ski
I know not everyone is a fan of AJ's antics, but I find him pretty amusing. A sport like ours needs guys who aren't shy about putting on an act in front of a big crowd. I thought it was really funny last year at the NCAA tournament when AJ acted like he was going to throw his headgear into the crowd and then pulled them in at the last second. Smith jumped in with a look like he couldn't decide whether to laugh or be angry. Does anyone have a photo or video of that incident to post here?

I know not everyone is a fan of AJ's antics, but I find him pretty amusing. A sport like ours needs guys who aren't shy about putting on an act in front of a big crowd. I thought it was really funny last year at the NCAA tournament when AJ acted like he was going to throw his headgear into the crowd and then pulled them in at the last second. Smith jumped in with a look like he couldn't decide whether to laugh or be angry. Does anyone have a photo or video of that incident to post here?

Ferrari puts on a show winning national championship | Sports |  stwnewspress.com

Just in general...wrestlers that show up their opponent or opposing coaches, basically taunting, has no place, and depending on the severity should face any of a number of penalties.

Back to specifics, AJ's behavior is not in that stratosphere. He has been more of a "showman". Maybe not always my cup of tea, if I were honest with myself, though I too see it as good for the sport.

Admittedly, I haven’t watched AJF that much, but I see a showman. I also see someone that acts respectful when it’s time to shake hands (usually; and I’m okay defending little brother too). I can do without some of the stuff - like posting video of shooting from his parked car and causing an acccident while illegally passing 3 cars… but then I think I read the latter was while driving home after appearing at a youth wrestling practice. He’s a study in contrasts. I hope to watch him for three more years. He’s interesting.

@okinburg1 gets a Shut Up Because Sandusky lifetime achievement award, for receiving 1.5 pages of hate from a board that otherwise posts 1.5 pages in a good month.

And wouldn't you know, there was MVPFAN to like all of it. Shocking.

But PSU has the garbage fans.
Okinburg got a shut up because of what he said about AJ after wishing him well. The Sandusky crap is just a by-product afterwards.

Okinburg got a shut up because of what he said about AJ after wishing him well. The Sandusky crap is just a by-product afterwards.
I think what @El-Jefe was alluding to was Okinburg taking a beating for being a PSU fan which makes him a POS like all of us here because of Sandusky.
Like I said in an earlier post, he deserved an ass kicking for going to the 34 and counting forum and posting about AJ the day their fans find out he's done for the season. It was bad form.
But it is unimaginative to go back to the Sandusky well and post a couple of pages about how we are all enablers and pond scum here. At least the cesspool comes up with conspiracy theories on recruiting violations, slush funds, and promises of future employment. It keeps things fresh.

Feel the need to clarify. I 100% called him an idiot here after the incident, before wishing him well on their board. Yes, on the day it was announced he was done for the year was bad form, but at that point I was sincere. He is entertaining and I wish him no long term, lingering health effects, but I still think he is a blockhead that hopefully doesn't kill someone with his antics in the future.
Not sure why some can't reconcile me thinking he's an idiot but wishing him well. Whatever, I can't make them see my opinions.
Finally, as I was going back and forth with the good ole Pokes I was just waiting for the Sandusky comments to come. Must have been what Saddam felt like in his spider hole, knowing the US was coming. As inevitable as the sunset, or gravity.

PD3:
Has legitimately been charged with various crimes

AJ Ferrari:

Pretty sure AJFs gam gam didn't get pinched for selling the weed.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just say'n there is a difference at the beginning of their stories

Pretty sure AJFs gam gam didn't get pinched for selling the weed.

Not that there is anything wrong with that. Just say'n there is a difference at the beginning of their stories
AJ comes from a very good family ... the dad is very successful financial executive.

I get it, PD3 didn't have the easiest of childhoods but he's had so many opportunities and people who wanted to mentor him in his life and kept pissing it away. I wanted to root for him forever but I just can't anymore.

Reactions: The Kid Twist
AJ comes from a very good family ... the dad is very successful financial executive.

I get it, PD3 didn't have the easiest of childhoods but he's had so many opportunities and people who wanted to mentor him in his life and kept pissing it away. I wanted to root for him forever but I just can't anymore.
This a broder discussion then this board needs for stipulations u note.

I would say that AJ reminds me a lot of Gable S in his early years. Gable grew up and AJ may also. Never should PD3 be mentioned in the same sentence as either of earlier mentioned!

AJ reminds me of a more animated version of Cassar so I kind of like the guy. His theatrics make things more entertaining although I can understand why that turns some people against him, espeacially if you were supporting the other wrestler.

I would say that AJ reminds me a lot of Gable S in his early years. Gable grew up and AJ may also. Never should PD3 be mentioned in the same sentence as either of earlier mentioned!
Based on some of the matches I have seen Gable wrestle this year he hasn’t grown up at all. Was an absolute asshole, mugging for the camera and disrespecting his opponent. Kept wishing he would just make the leap to WWE where that shit belongs.

Based on some of the matches I have seen Gable wrestle this year he hasn’t grown up at all. Was an absolute asshole, mugging for the camera and disrespecting his opponent. Kept wishing he would just make the leap to WWE where that shit belongs.
Which matches?

Which matches?
Gable was clearly making sure to prove a point against Parris.

Personally, after how much I enjoyed Bo Nickal's post-spladle ear cupping the shocked CHA crowd, I'm not going to criticize Gable for his shenanigans (which, at this point, are few and far between).

Gable was clearly making sure to prove a point against Parris.

Personally, after how much I enjoyed Bo Nickal's post-spladle ear cupping the shocked CHA crowd, I'm not going to criticize Gable for his shenanigans (which, at this point, are few and far between).
Wasn't you that I was asking, but since you brought up the Steveson v Parris matches...I haven't seen anything but complete and total domination. Not really anything else worth mentioning (sort of what you said too).

Wasn't you that I was asking, but since you brought up the Steveson v Parris matches...I haven't seen anything but complete and total domination. Not really anything else worth mentioning (sort of what you said too).
I thought the last dual got a bit chippy from both wrestlers and allowed Parris to keep it to a Major when it looked like a Tech was probable.

There wasn't anything egregious in the match against Parris. Gable just mauled him like he did my man Cass.

Just in general...wrestlers that show up their opponent or opposing coaches, basically taunting, has no place, and depending on the severity should face any of a number of penalties.

Back to specifics, AJ's behavior is not in that stratosphere. He has been more of a "showman". Maybe not always my cup of tea, if I were honest with myself, though I too see it as good for the sport.

There wasn't anything egregious in the match against Parris. Gable just mauled him like he did my man Cass.

At :10 in this video, there is a shove that is clearly not an attempt at scoring.

If Steveson wasn't flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct, he should have been.

He's proven he owns Parris with his mat performance.

At :10 in this video, there is a shove that is clearly not an attempt at scoring.

Parris shouldn't put himself in a position to get pushed over so easily. He needs to be ready to go until the whistle blows. He let up and Gable pounced like champions often do. Wrestling is a tough sport. Let's keep it that way.

We must be watching two different videos. I went right past the push the first half dozen times I watched it thinking meh, that's wrestling. In fact, if Steveson would have pushed Parris down that easily and pounced on him it would be a takedown!!

But thanks for the video, as I did see something egregious this time. The headbutt from Parris at the 25 second mark looks to be intentional. That warranted a penalty, imo.

From where I sit Gable’s been a model citizen, who’s out to prove there’s an enormous gulf between him and the other top heavies.

I’ll just enjoy watching him, talent like his doing come along very often.

We must be watching two different videos. I went right past the push the first half dozen times I watched it thinking meh, that's wrestling. In fact, if Steveson would have pushed Parris down that easily and pounced on him it would be a takedown!!

But thanks for the video, as I did see something egregious this time. The headbutt from Parris at the 25 second mark looks to be intentional. That warranted a penalty, imo.
Like I said, chippy on both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT