ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling AJ Ferrari done for the season

Warner has a gut feeling too.

012822_iowapennstwrestling_JR076-900x600.jpg
I have a feeling we’re going to be getting some decent mileage out of this pic. @Flying_Tiger set up some good usage on tHR early this morning.

Always thought it’s weird that you can do so much recklessly with a 4300 pound object, and it’s okay, yet go to jail for hitting somebody with a 3 ounce rock to their lower leg.
It seems insurance exist where there is the presumption that the one relates to accidents expected to happen in the lifetime of a large number of people, absent of malice. The other seems not so much an accident likely to be experienced by many and malice could reasonably be assumed.

But I agree the punishment is not commensurate with the damages.

Just to clarify, here is the OK reckless driving criminal statute:

A. It shall be deemed reckless driving for any person to drive a motor vehicle in a careless or wanton manner without regard for the safety of persons or property or in violation of the conditions outlined in Section 11-801 of this title.

B. Every person convicted of reckless driving shall be punished upon a first conviction by imprisonment for a period of not less than five (5) days nor more than ninety (90) days, or by a fine of not less than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) nor more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment; on a second or subsequent conviction, punishment shall be imprisonment for not less than ten (10) days nor more than six (6) months, or by a fine of not less than One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00) nor more than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.

I'm not saying he will (or even should) be charged criminally as opposed to just fines/points plus civil restitution (i.e. insurance settlement), but what he did certainly does fit the definition of "a careless or wanton manner without regard for the safety of persons or property", so he could be. First offense is 5-90 days in jail.

I'm not saying he will (or even should) be charged criminally as opposed to just fines/points plus civil restitution (i.e. insurance settlement)

a first conviction

or by a fine of not less than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) nor more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00)
Understood. Thanks for the research. Given it's a first offense and that the victim driver reportedly didn't suffer injury and declined treatment at the scene, I expect fines only. Again, I've seen fines only for far worse.

Last edited:
Hope AJ makes a full recovery with the surgery and comes back strong as ever next year!

I personally don’t see him taking the additional med shirt anyway. He comes back next year and he can still be a 4 timer. Plus I think the UFC/WWE will make him an offer he can’t refuse.
If he can redshirt, if that still exists in a few years, he can still be a 5-timer. Does that appeal to him? If not that leaves C-Star as the only potential 5-timer. I know, I know ... but its true.

Understood. Thanks for the research. Given it's a first offense and that the victim driver reportedly didn't suffer injury and declined treatment at the scene, I expect fines only. Again, I've seen fines only for far worse.
That would not surprise me at all, either, especially if there was no alcohol or other intoxicants involved.

That would not surprise me at all, either, especially if there was no alcohol or other intoxicants involved.
With the fact that he was returning from a clinic at a high school, I believe any testimony that the veered to avoid a direct head on, leading his vehicle to roll unknown times off that guardrail-less raised road, would almost guarantee a fine only.

The Judge could also recognize he suffered with his own injuries and loss at a chance for 'college wrestling immortality.' Any prison time could be seen as piling on, even if it is home confinement with community service.

...or we could go here (link below) instead of re-airing our opinions about consequences...

Yes that's how it is.

Learned from experience in two states (PA and MD). Brother was life flighted in PA. I took an ambulance ride in MD. In both cases the at fault drivers crossed the centerline causing a head on collision with multiple witnesses.

Reckless driving can be noted on the police accident report as a contributing factor to an accident, in the accident investigators judgement. Police can issue a number of citations. Fines set in traffic court. That's typically where it ends from the government prosecution standpoint.

Simply not true. That may have been your experience in PA and MD, but the type of Reckless Driving (i.e., grossly negligent in terms of both speed and attempting to pass THREE CARS in a No-Passing Zone) that was engaged in CAN BE prosecuted in Criminal Court in many, if not most, states. The State does not have to go for Criminal Prosecution, but can elect to do so in most states dependent upon circumstances.

Depends on the state, but probably could be prosecuted for Reckless Endangerment give that he hit another vehicle while making an Illegal Pass at a grossly Illegal Speed. Reckless Endangerment is a Criminal Court Offense, not merely a Traffic Court Offense.

Last edited:
Not the way Warner gases in the 3rd Period, isn't happening.
The problem with crazy people is they don't know their crazy. That's what makes them crazy lol. I kid I guess he will have to get out from underneath dean if he want to be a champ

in what is almost surely a sign of mental illness, i have a gut feeling jacob warner is going to win 197 this year

Get help. Does your company offer an employee assistance program?

I think for Ferrari, I hope he learns from this, and understands that this was his "free one".

The insurance company will pay the liability claims, and his legal exposure will no doubt be a fine and community service. I can't see a DA spending time and resources on a case without a fatality and where the worst case scenario (fatality) didn't occur.

To be young is to be stupid. I remember being his age and living in East Halls. I was in Pinchot the year the guys from McKean dropped the tear gas cannister in the elevator.

I guess today, there'd have been helicopters, network trucks with satellite dishes and a DHS spokesman.

Get help. Does your company offer an employee assistance program?

I think for Ferrari, I hope he learns from this, and understands that this was his "free one".

The insurance company will pay the liability claims, and his legal exposure will no doubt be a fine and community service. I can't see a DA spending time and resources on a case without a fatality and where the worst case scenario (fatality) didn't occur.

To be young is to be stupid. I remember being his age and living in East Halls. I was in Pinchot the year the guys from McKean dropped the tear gas cannister in the elevator.

I guess today, there'd have been helicopters, network trucks with satellite dishes and a DHS spokesman.
Not going to say who, but I remember a guy who was probably around 0.20 BAC jumping off of a third story balcony on a dare. After he landed, he got up laughing and dusted himself off. The next year he was a D1 AA at 134.

Reactions: Creek Side
Not going to say who, but I remember a guy who was probably around 0.20 BAC jumping off of a third story balcony on a dare. After he landed, he got up laughing and dusted himself off. The next year he was a D1 AA at 134.

Sounds rather familiar...

At college age, you think you are invulnerable.. it's a wonderful illusion, if it doesn't kill you.

Widely reported on HR. about 3-4 years ago. Ex-hawkeye wrestler.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
I think the odds are better than 50/50 that AJ will only be a 1x champ. Who would have thought that coming into this year. I think the field closes on him next year at 197, and there is also good chance he will move up to heavy after next year to prep for the next stage. I don't see him beating Paris, Kerk or even Feldman down the road.

I think the odds are better than 50/50 that AJ will only be a 1x champ. Who would have thought that coming into this year. I think the field closes on him next year at 197, and there is also good chance he will move up to heavy after next year to prep for the next stage. I don't see him beating Paris, Kerk or even Feldman down the road.
Tony Cassioppi says

@okinburg1 going full throttle on 34 and counting today. Made some good friends with Cowboy fans I see. Entertaining reading right there!
I saw that and went to that forum for the first time. It wasn't your best look @okinburg1, but we all have those days.
It is clear that they lurk here quite a bit. They knew your whole take on the Ferrari issue. But to post on their forum the day they find out their returning champ is done was asking for an ass kicking if you ask me.
giphy.gif

I saw that and went to that forum for the first time. It wasn't your best look @okinburg1, but we all have those days.
It is clear that they lurk here quite a bit. They knew your whole take on the Ferrari issue. But to post on their forum the day they find out their returning champ is done was asking for an ass kicking if you ask me.
giphy.gif
@okinburg1 gets a Shut Up Because Sandusky lifetime achievement award, for receiving 1.5 pages of hate from a board that otherwise posts 1.5 pages in a good month.

And wouldn't you know, there was MVPFAN to like all of it. Shocking.

But PSU has the garbage fans.

@okinburg1 gets a Shut Up Because Sandusky lifetime achievement award, for receiving 1.5 pages of hate from a board that otherwise posts 1.5 pages in a good month.

And wouldn't you know, there was MVPFAN to like all of it. Shocking.

But PSU has the garbage fans.
Did our friend Mike T join the fray?

Field is wide open, but I think this makes Dean the slight favorite now for national title in my book.
"Slight" favorite may be right. I'll call it co-favorite. Down by 3 after 2 at Iowa, down by 1 at Michigan, down by 1 after 2 vs Rutgers, and losing to MSU. It's a close call. I really like the idea that he's so calm about everything and we know he's been under the bright lights before -- both bode well for him. We'll get a better picture after Big Ten's, with six of the top-9 and seven of the top-12 wrestling. He'll get a first round bye too, which is good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT