Last year after Session II
1: PENN STATE – 26.0
2: Iowa – 21.5
3: Three-way tie for third

Two years ago
1: PENN STATE 27.5
2: Arizona State 22.0
3: North Carolina State 21.5

I think it's mostly to stay healthy. Getting caught under one of these rhinos probably doesn't feel so good. Why put yourself in that position if you can just lay on him the whole time and stay healthy.
This! When you can wrestle like Kerk and win by 8-10, take minimal risk and advance to the next round healthy, you do it. People with this take have probably never wrestled HvyWt, 250-280 lbs flying around does damage. Let it fly when you have to.

Carter has given up a TD in both of his matches to way lesser opponents, he's clearly not going to fight certain positions (and rightfully so) Taking down Mekhi is hard enough as is when you're healthy.

I hope I look like an idiot for doubting Carter but I don't see it unless he REALLY sandbagged today.
I'm in the same boat. Need some kind of miracle from Mr. Monthley.

limping ralph macchio GIF

Am I the only one that misses the previous 2005-ish format of pennstatewrestlingclub.org?

Anyway, I swear their previous year tournament scoring tables had a column for team bonus points (as a subset of current team points), am I missing it on the site somewhere?

PSU is only team to send all 10 to day 2

All teams to have 5+ on day 2

Iowa-9 (only brought 9)
Iowa State-9 (only brought 9)
Michigan-9 (only brought 9)
NC State- 9 (Brought 10)
VT- 9 (Brought 10)
Nebraska-8 (Brought 9)
Ohio State-8 (Brought 9)
Cornell- 8 (Brought 9 after Cornella pulled out)
OKST- 7 (Brought 10)
PITT-7 (Brought 7)
Rutgers-7 (Brought 8)
Minnestoa-7 (Brought 10)
Mizzou-6 (Brought 10)
ASU- 6 (Brought 8)
SDST- 6 (Brought 8)
Wisconsin- 5 (Brought 5)
UNI-5 (Brought 7)
Indiana-5 (Brought 5)
Stanford-5 (Brought 5)
Campbell-5 (Brought 6)
Navy-5 (Brought 5)

Last edited:
Carter didn't look like his usual self today, but he didn't look like he was in pain at any time either. He seemed to be wrestling cautiously or a little tentative, but it appeared to be calculated & he did what he needed to win.

There wasn't any reason to risk re-injuring something today. I suspect the coaches told him to wrestle smart & don't be over-aggressive trying to get bonus points. We don't need those. It's better to have Carter move through to the finals, even if it's all decision wins.

Let's hope all is well with Carter & he's ready to push harder against Mekhi & advance one more round closer to the finals; one step closer to the goal of being a 4X champ.

In session 2, PSU goes 10-0 with 8 bonus point victories. The only 2 guys that don't get bonus are Davis and Starocci. Looking forward to some great matchups tomorrow:

125: Davis vs Richie Figs ASU (8)
133: Nagao vs Chlebove ASU (24)
141: BB vs Vombaur Minny (26)
149 Kasak vs Fernandez Cornell (9)
157 Haines vs Robb Nebby (8)
165 MM vs Amine Mich (10)
174 CStar vs Lews VT (1)
184 Truax vs Plott OSU (3)
197 Brooks vs Buchanon OU (8)
HWT Kerk vs Feldman tOSU (9)

One match at a time. Name of the game is advance

Session II 2024

1: PENN STATE - 34.5
2: Iowa - 24.5
2: Iowa State - 24.5

Last year after Session II
1: PENN STATE – 26.0
2: Iowa – 21.5
3: Three-way tie for third

Two years ago
1: PENN STATE 27.5
2: Arizona State 22.0
3: North Carolina State 21.5
Its Happening Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

• Haha
Reactions: SlipperyPete12
PSU is only team to send all 10 to day 2

All teams to have 5+ on day 2

Iowa-9 (only brought 9)
Iowa State-9 (only brought 9)
Michigan-9 (only brought 9)
NC State- 9 (Brought 10)
VT- 9 (Brought 10)
Nebraska-8 (Brought 9)
Ohio State-8 (Brought 9)
Cornell- 8 (Brought 9 after Cornella pulled out)
OKST- 7 (Brought 10)
PITT-7 (Brought 7)
Rutgers-7 (Brought 8)
Minnestoa-7 (Brought 10)
Mizzou-6 (Brought 10)
ASU- 6 (Brought 8)
SDST- 6 (Brought 8)
Wisconsin- 5 (Brought 5)
UNI-5 (Brought 7)
Indiana-5 (Brought 5)
Stanford-5 (Brought 5)
Campbell-5 (Brought 6)
Navy-5 (Brought 5)
9 Teams with 5+ guys start day 2 with everyone they started day 1 with

Reactions: Dogwelder
Why, it was the worst I can remember?
I watched every single PSU match from start to finish without a single glitch on ESPN+. When there are two PSU guys at the same time....I just pause one of them until the first one is done. Easy. Just 10.00.....although I sold a kidney so I can upgrade to the Disney package for 3.00 more :)

Carter didn't look like his usual self today, but he didn't look like he was in pain at any time either. He seemed to be wrestling cautiously or a little tentative, but it appeared to be calculated & he did what he needed to win.

There wasn't any reason to risk re-injuring something today. I suspect the coaches told him to wrestle smart & don't be over-aggressive trying to get bonus points. We don't need those. It's better to have Carter move through to the finals, even if it's all decision wins.

Let's hope all is well with Carter & he's ready to push harder against Mekhi & advance one more round closer to the finals; one step closer to the goal of being a 4X champ.
Good comments, I agree. Lewis looked a little winded after his match and maybe Carter can wear him down on top. I'm thinking this will be a 4-3 match Carter.

I watched every single PSU match from start to finish without a single glitch on ESPN+. When there are two PSU guys at the same time....I just pause one of them until the first one is done. Easy. Just 10.00.....although I sold a kidney so I can upgrade to the Disney package for 3.00 more :)
My buddy and I decided to go with ESPN because the coverage by ESPNU wasn't bad. If it's the same crew tomorrow we'll watch ESPN+.

Reactions: diggerpup
Honestly up by 10, 10 alive is fantastic day 1. Trip up by Kasak and Nagao but they're refocused.

The day really only is dampened by the reality Carter isn't near his best self and you hate it for him at this point of his career more than anything else.
Carter is going to make history tomorrow and take out 2 national champs in one day ... book it!

Reactions: Franklinstheman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT