ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Day 1 - Match/discussion thread

Tourney Bernie is here!
I wouldn’t read into Crookham’s match that much. Leete is visually impaired and his matches are all wrestled under constant contact rules. That is a tough thing to deal with especially in your first NCAA match. When Crookham is allowed to wrestle from space tonight I bet he looks better
I remember watching Crookham live his freshman year at regionals. My buddy was like watch this kid, he shoots from so far away but he always gets to the leg. It was my first time seeing him and yeah he was unstoppable from space.

Also when i saw him up close his senior year at states, he looked huge for the weight.

Reactions: mcpat
I wouldn’t read into Crookham’s match that much. Leete is visually impaired and his matches are all wrestled under constant contact rules. That is a tough thing to deal with especially in your first NCAA match. When Crookham is allowed to wrestle from space tonight I bet he looks better
Is this true?

Reactions: goldenanimal
Is there any way to find out mat assignments for the first session? I'd like to watch the Nevills/Hendrickson.

SIAP… got home late from work. Going to watch some of the matches on replay on ESPN plus, but it is divided by Mat Number. Do people know the mat numbers that our guys were on? Thanks in advance.

I got a lot of them. Young, attractive women found me irresistible! 😁
that was directed towards PSUbiomed. I dont understand why anyone would trash our wrestlers. Or any for that matter.......other than AJ and family.

Guys, it's NCAA's. There aren't any easy wins here. I'm disappointed, as, like most, I expected 10-0 Nagao just doesn't have quick feet, and it cost him. I didn't think he lacked aggressiveness, he just got out-wrestled. For Kasak, he was the more offensive guy, he just couldn't finish it. I knew Abas was a dangerous 1st rounder, but, I expected a win. Oh well, hopefully those two find some backside magic, though, it's going to be a tough road.

I'm a bit worried about Davis' hand, but, hopefully, they take care of it.
Carter is obviously not 100%. There is a reason he chose neutral.

157-285 were on a mission. Nice work.

You know things are bad, when the board is in depression mode, while, we all know there is no way we are losing this thing!
Nagao just got smoked, which was disappointing of course, but the opponent was clearly the better wrestler that bout.

Kasak's loss actually bothered me more, because he let a very winnable match slip away. The biggest reason was failure to finish on either of two good TD opportunities; a secondary reason was some questionable wrestling IQ.

Nagao just got smoked, which was disappointing of course, but the opponent was clearly the better wrestler that bout.

Kasak's loss actually bothered me more, because he let a very winnable match slip away. The biggest reason was failure to finish on either of two good TD opportunities; a secondary reason was some questionable wrestling IQ.
It was a true freshman getting flustered against a 5th year senior. The true freshman was under the big lights for the first time and after not converting the first TD pushed a bit too much. The question would be did his corner try to reel him in and he didn’t listen or something else.

Stupid question here. What’s the highest possible placement if a kid loses his first match? How high, for example, could Kasak place if he were to win out?

Reactions: Dogwelder
Ramos definitely didn’t look good in his first match. Not sure if it’s a weight issue
That’s just sort of what Ramos is. He has a lot of parallels to Bartlett to be honest. Both have really clean attacks and would probably score more if they let it fly more. But they don’t, so they wrestle close matches and are savvy enough and technically sound enough to win a ton of them.

Anyone getting Byers yet? I'm getting the same error I got earlier today.

I got an error, but kept reloading and now I'm getting a message that the event is starting in 15 minutes or something. Now I'm getting it.

Actually, I spoke too soon, it's some sort of basketball blather I think.

Lionvision just started working, but the Session 2 link is also playing the coaches show.
Freaking Out GIF by Travis

• Haha
Reactions: CentexLion
JB said he wouldn't start till 7 because of the coaches show

He's on now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT