ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Tournament Live Thread: Session III

ok and that is great....but that doesnt make it a BS challenge lol again if you were a coach and your wrestler has a chance at advancing to the semis, you likely would have thrown the brick in a heart beat.
I see your point. Worth a shot I guess. I would have thrown it too probably. I didn't see as clearly out of bounds though, could just be because im slightly hungover? It was definitely more worthy of a brick than the Pitt challenge.

This is not a knock on Shayne, who I’ve driven the bandwagon for and still will.

But I think Yianni wins huge tonight. Just an absolutely awful matchup to exploits Shayne’s glaring weakness.

When that kid learns how to sprawl, though, good luck to everyone.

Penn State back in the lead! Whew, I was really starting to think we were IN TROUBLE

Upper weights to come..
I think that was a very unsportsmanlike brick to throw!

Forty years ago, after the 48-14 shellacking of Pitt and Marino.. we were all wearing buttons "Shi** on Pitt"

That brick was chickenshii**

Go Brock Hardy (tonight).
Hell of an effort by Murin almost knocking off Yanni

Even though it helped Penn State; I was kind of hopping he knocked off YD. Like Lee, I'm sick of the worship.

I am so F****** sick of these bricks getting thrown, to give guys breaks! They need to change the rule , If you lose the challenge you lose a point!!!!! way to go Shane!!!
Yes, but obviously that would not have prevented either the Matthews or Rooks challenges.

Need to limit the time spent on challenges.

Reactions: creamery freak
2 Haines vs 8 Andonian
QF

Levi in deep early. Bryce gets Levi to his back off it. Levi somehow avoids the fall. But it’s 6-0 Bryce. Eventually an escape. 6-1 Bryce. Levi shoots but Bryce stuffs it. Bryce shoots but Levi defends. Levi shoots. Scramble. Bryce counter TD waived off. Va Tech challenges.

The 6 for Bryce… they were in a scramble that looked like Levi was going to win right up until he was on his back. Real close to a fall too.

Call in that mat stands. 6-1 Bryce after one.

Levi chooses bottom. To his feet but returned. Escape after almost getting a reversal and back. It’s 6-2 Bryce and Bryce had 1:15 RT. Another Levi shot and scramble. This time Levi finishes. It’s 6-4 Bryce now. Does Levi have enough tank to come back? Escape makes it 7-4. Levi shoots, picks him up… finishes. 7-6 Bryce now. RT down to 34 secs for Bryce as period ends.

Bryce takes bottom. Escape given. It’s 8-6. Levi shoots, picks him him and gets two. It’s 8-8 now. Riding instead of cutting. Bryce is flat. Half Nelson. Fall!!!!!!

Are you kidding me?!?!

Honestly. Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!

Don’t wake me up.

Last edited:
i keep trying to rewatch the SVN sequence and the stream buffers right at the key moment every time. psu conspiracy.....

• Haha
Reactions: LHavenlion
Alright, I didn't think Levi should go upper body but at this point he might as well let it fly. I'm thinking inside trip to his back.

man it seems like all the breaks always go your guys' way. haines escapes and andonian is gassed

man it seems like all the breaks always go your guys' way. haines escapes and andonian is gassed
We'll see, I'll be pissed if Levi doesn't win because of a missed penalty point Andonian should have been knocked for

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT