ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Can someone identify and provide an update on the offensive tackle from western PA who got huge between his junior and senior year? His team couldn't play because of Covid, as I recall. He supposedly needed to demonstrate that with his new bulk that he could move as well as he did as a tall, lanky junior. Put on 40-50 lbs or so. I know that isn't much to go on so thanks if your memory is better than mine.

Though I read about him as being from South Fayette, or ....?

Reactions: TheGLOV and bison13
That article says Pitts defense has risen to an elite level under Narduzzi. That word “elite” is gonna fire up some people on this board. I was also surprised to see that DEnd Rashad Weaver was an All American this season.
This was written by a Pitt Blogger on SB Nation. I'm sure our guy Al could write a great retort on his beloved Scarlet Knights.

Reactions: TheGLOV
I'd love to see Lonnie choose football.

Here is a mock draft for MLB which has Lonnie going 24th in the 1st round to the Atlanta Braves. A 1st round pick would be hard to turn down.

I am not an MLB draft expert, so why would Lonnie White consider coming to Penn State to be a student/football athlete if he was going in the 1st/2nd round of the MLB draft? Is there a possibility that he could play baseball at Penn State?

Reactions: Ranger Dan

Interesting, late offer. The kid's twitter makes mention that Ciarrocca has known about the kid for awhile, so it doesn't seem the kid is a late bloomer. Seems like it could be an offer for a WR position that may have just recently become open? Is there a concern that White may never step foot on campus because of the MLB Draft or a current WR may hit the transfer portal? Anyways, the kid has good size for a WR and is a 3 Star WR.

Reactions: NedFromYork
From BSD, C-B is now in Connecticut, originally from Minn.

Chiaokhiao-Bowman attends St. Thomas More Prep School in Oakdale, Connecticut, but is originally from Minneapolis. Penn State became his 6th FBS offer, and could be a school to watch if the Nittany Lions decide to push for another receiver in this cycle.

Last edited:
Interesting, late offer. The kid's twitter makes mention that Ciarrocca has known about the kid for awhile, so it doesn't seem the kid is a late bloomer. Seems like it could be an offer for a WR position that may have just recently become open? Is there a concern that White may never step foot on campus because of the MLB Draft or a current WR may hit the transfer portal? Anyways, the kid has good size for a WR and is a 3 Star WR.
From BSD, C-B is now in Connecticut, originally from Minn.

Chiaokhiao-Bowman attends St. Thomas More Prep School in Oakdale, Connecticut, but is originally from Minneapolis. Penn State became his 6th FBS offer, and could be a school to watch if the Nittany Lions decide to push for another receiver in this cycle.

He's a 2020 cycle recruit who only had offers from a couple of MAC schools. Decided to take a post-grad year fro who knows what reason, but ultimately to improve his recruiting prospects.

His brother played WR at Northwestern.

I am not an MLB draft expert, so why would Lonnie White consider coming to Penn State to be a student/football athlete if he was going in the 1st/2nd round of the MLB draft? Is there a possibility that he could play baseball at Penn State?

As a low first round pick, he'd probably be looking at a couple million dollar signing bonus. I think I'd be "see ya".

Can't really ever project a DL recruit to make an impact as a true freshman. But with what seems like a dire lack of depth at DE and what looks to be great size for a high school player DE recruit, enrolling early, a few months in the S&C program, and hopefully some learning of the defense in whatever Spring practice transpires, McGraw could have a nice chance to contribute on the field in 2021.

Can't really ever project a DL recruit to make an impact as a true freshman. But with what seems like a dire lack of depth at DE and what looks to be great size for a high school player DE recruit, enrolling early, a few months in the S&C program, and hopefully some learning of the defense in whatever Spring practice transpires, McGraw could have a nice chance to contribute on the field in 2021.
The 247 podcast made it sound like he was more of a long-term project

Reactions: bmw199
The 247 podcast made it sound like he was more of a long-term project

He probably is a project to be an every down player. There are probably parts of his game that are ready.

With the transfer portal we might as well play everyone who can contribute. No point in saving years when most players will be gone after 3.5 years..

He probably is a project to be an every down player. There are probably parts of his game that are ready.

With the transfer portal we might as well play everyone who can contribute. No point in saving years when most players will be gone after 3.5 years..

CJF went after him early in the cycle, as one of the first wave of 2021 PSU DE targets.

I tend to trust CJF and his staff's evaluations more so than those of "The 247 podcast"......

But we will see what happens when he gets to campus and hopefully gets to practice this Spring.......

CJF went after him early in the cycle, as one of the first wave of 2021 PSU DE targets.

I tend to trust CJF and his staff's evaluations more so than those of "The 247 podcast"......

But we will see what happens when he gets to campus and hopefully gets to practice this Spring.......
From his HS coach. Maybe you’ll respect his opinion

"[He is] a nightmare in the run game and very difficult — basically impossible — to block at the high school level," Elkhart Central head coach Jack Shattuck told 247Sports. "He was so raw because he never played, but you flip that script and he was also a blank canvas with no bad habits. Everything he knows about football, he learned in the last two years, so he didn’t have to un-learn anything."

From his HS coach. Maybe you’ll respect his opinion

"[He is] a nightmare in the run game and very difficult — basically impossible — to block at the high school level," Elkhart Central head coach Jack Shattuck told 247Sports. "He was so raw because he never played, but you flip that script and he was also a blank canvas with no bad habits. Everything he knows about football, he learned in the last two years, so he didn’t have to un-learn anything."

His H.S. coach is not an opinion I respect or disrespect. Nothing to do with what CJF sees in the kid or if CJF and his staff can get this early enrollee ready to contribute to a shallow DE room.......

His H.S. coach is not an opinion I respect or disrespect. Nothing to do with what CJF sees in the kid or if CJF and his staff can get this early enrollee ready to contribute to a shallow DE room.......
No one is saying he’s not good, but he’s been playing football for 2 years and is very raw

Looks like RLR is giving some credence to the chance that McGraw may have at least some chance to earn playing time in 2021.

MCGRAW TO ENROLL EARLY
In an expected move, the only defensive end commit in the 2021 class for Penn State, Rodney McGraw, announces he will be enrolling early.

Penn State loses Jayson Oweh, Shaka Toney, and Shane Simmons from the 2020 squad so the defensive end group is left a little thin. While the starting spots are likely locked up by Adisa Isaac and Temple transfer Arnold Ebiketie, McGraw is putting himself in position to challenge for a spot in the 2-deep.

Looks like RLR is giving some credence to the chance that McGraw may have at least some chance to earn playing time in 2021.

MCGRAW TO ENROLL EARLY
In an expected move, the only defensive end commit in the 2021 class for Penn State, Rodney McGraw, announces he will be enrolling early.

Penn State loses Jayson Oweh, Shaka Toney, and Shane Simmons from the 2020 squad so the defensive end group is left a little thin. While the starting spots are likely locked up by Adisa Isaac and Temple transfer Arnold Ebiketie, McGraw is putting himself in position to challenge for a spot in the 2-deep.

That’s not a good thing. Shows how thin DE is.

MCGRAW TO ENROLL EARLY

Or maybe he'll count against last years class to open up another spot for this year?

Are we still involved with Ka'Travion Hargrove, the RB from Louisiana? The kid can get skinny, make people miss, and has the speed to outrun pursuit when he breaks away. He is a touchdown machine. I can't believe we land a kid from Cajun country, but I felt that way about Alabama too. 24/7 shows him as warm toward PSU and South Carolina.

If you're talking about the 25 limit, I don't think PSU has a problem no matter how you look at it.
No, but you continue to back count anywhere you can so if you are so blessed to have 4*s beating down the door you can go more than 25 in the mythical year that happens.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT