ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 6 (Finals) Thread

Why did Stanford cancel wrestling if they had enough in private donations to be self sustaining?

They are eliminating 11 sports, wrestling being one. I'd guess it's not as simple as the money. Maybe if they save wrestling, Title IX would require them to keep a women's sport as well? Not sure of all the details, but losing wrestling was part of a bigger cut back in the athletic dept.

Reactions: Ski
I’m moving on from the boxed wine to a good bottle. Have worked up a hell of a sweat. Man, our guys fought super hard. Proud to be a Penn Stater tonight!
Please share your choices! Bota Blackhawk if I recall is pretty solid!

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
# F# 1st# 2nd# 3rd# 4th# 5th# 6th# 7th# 8th
Team Standings
Iowa
125​
131​
3​
2​
2​
1​
1​
Penn State
113.5​
113.5​
4​
4​
2​

Hidley spends 95% of his time on the edge. smh
...and the other 5% completely outside the circle.
giphy.gif

Pitt has some WPIAL studs showing up....pulling for Pitt....don’t flog me guys.

Reactions: garw
Do we see close(r) matches in the final two (285 and 125)? Those are supposed to be the two "givens".

Hidllay doing absolutely nothing.

Hidlay deserved to lose precisely the way he did. Doesn't want to wrestle, backs up and "edge wrestles for the first 6 minutes and 30 seconds... and then only starts wrestling because he got hit for stalling (as he deserved to be) and was down a point. Sorry Hidlay, it doesn't work that way, you didn't want to wrestle for the first 6:30 and choose to stall, so you deserve precisely what you got in the last 30 seconds - namely, your own bullshit which is not wrestling. Again, Brooks had the lead with 30 seconds and fed Hidlay exactly what he deserved - his own bullshit!

Big picture, I have to believe that any up and coming wrestlers that are going to be top National recruits have to recognize the superior talent, character, and coaching within the Penn State program. Iowa may have won the battle, but Penn State is winning the war and once again prove that if you want to win a National title, Penn State is the place to be. That’s what we do!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT