ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 4 (Fri Eve.) Thread

Carr was too quick and athletic for Hidlay. I think he wins tomorrow.

Carr reminds me a little of RBY. Here’s hoping speed triumphs over strength in the 133 final, too.

With all they said about Nate (David's Dad) - you think they would have mentioned that Jimmy Carr was his brother (Jimmy won Midlands as a HS Sophmore and made the US Olympic Team as a 16 year old - youngest Olympic wrestler in history). Or mention that Nate was only 1 of 5 Carr brothers to All-American - also an all-time record I believe.

Wow. Didn’t notice Orndorff in the round of 12. He must be enjoying life outside the big ten.

Reactions: fronk71
With all they said about Nate (David's Dad) - you think they would have mentioned that Jimmy Carr was his brother (Jimmy won Midlands as a HS Sophmore and made the US Olympic Team as a 16 year old - youngest Olympic wrestler in history). Or mention that Nate was only 1 of 5 Carr brothers to All-American - also an all-time record I believe.

if you're from PA, you would know that. Those guys might not be as knowledgeable of wrestling history.

197 Consolation R4: Michael Beard vs. Tanner Sloan (S. Dakota St.)

I will cover this until Starocci's match

Per 1
Beard reaches, nothing. Nearly gets an ankle but TS with a nice counter, they scramble, and go OOB with 2:32 left. Byers is covering the Semifinal matches, and not even talking about this match. smh. Beard in on a head inside single, drives in and gets the TD, 2-0. TS works up, back down, and OOB with 1:32 left. TS flattened off the whistle, then Beard tiltes him with a 2-on-1 and gets swipes, and 4 NF, 6-0. Now Byers suddenly notices this match. TS works up slowly, and to his feet, and back down near the edge, and OOB with 16 sec. End. RT @ 2:00 for Beard

Per 2
TS takes bottom. Beard with a good ride. TS is flat. TS to his base, then stands, and they go OOB with 45 sec left (Beard nearly got reversed there). TS works up, hits a switch but is back down. A rideout. End. RT @ 4:00 for Beard.

Per 3
Beard takes top. TS to his feet, back down. RT is locked. TS to his feet, and OOB with 1:27 left. Beard cuts him, 6-1. Beard in on a single, elevates, but loses the leg. Beard in on legs and gets the TD, 8-1. Ride him out, and it will be a major. TS is flat. End. With 5:03 in RT, it's a 9-1 Major.

174 Semi: Carter Starocci vs. Demetrius Romero (Utal Valley)

Per 1
Romero looks huge. Nothing thru 1st min. CStar shoots near the edge, nothing. OOB with 54 sec left. CStar shoots but they are OOB with 42 sec. End

Per 2
Starocci takes bottom. He's to his feet, and returned. Up again, and out in 12 sec, 1-0. CStar in deep on a single, Romero grabs an ankle then sprawls, and they are OOB with 1:02 left. Romero with a shot, nothing. End. RT @ 12 sec for Romero

Per 3
Romero takes bottom. Up a bit then flattened. Working back up and flattened again. Working up but CStar is tough, and flattens him again. 2-on-1 tilt but no swipes. Romero reaches off the mat with 31 sec left, so they are stopped. Romero up quickly, but tripped back down. RT over 1:30 and rising. A ride out! With 1:47 in RT, it's a 2-0 DEC for Starocci.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT