ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 4 (Fri Eve.) Thread

I think the better coulda woulda question is how much closer would the team score be if Warner wasn't gifted his first match.
While not guaranteed, Warner probably wrestles back to consci semi-finals. So not much difference.

Reactions: bigs22
Cassar, as a light heavy, did not have that much trouble getting out from bottom the year he won his title. I saw him ridden as a 197 pounder, and really thought it would be his Achilles heal up a weight class. I know the coaches worked very hard on this aspect of his game, and it paid off. I can't remember a single bout in the 2019 season where him being ridden was a factor. It can be attributed to great coaching.

While not guaranteed, Warner probably wrestles back to consci semi-finals. So not much difference.
Then again...maybe he’s dejected and goes 0-2, brings the rest of the Hawks down and a downward spiral of ass-clenching losses takes them down to 5th.:D

Talent wise yes. But an opening round loss has a way of getting in a guys head.

Especially warner who has at times has seemed to let the outside noise affect him inside the circle
True, but at NCAAs that first consci match is in the next round. Time to emotionally recover and mentally reset.
If the ref does not interject himself into the match and overturn the final outcome at Brands' demand and Warner does a Murin and all else remains the same it is Iowa 100.5 and PSU 94.5. HR is in meltdown with 8 threads calling for the Brands' heads and 3 more demanding the next time Penn State travels to Iowa City Cael be arrested.

Cassar, as a light heavy, did not have that much trouble getting out from bottom the year he won his title. I saw him ridden as a 197 pounder, and really thought it would be his Achilles heal up a weight class. I know the coaches worked very hard on this aspect of his game, and it paid off. I can't remember a single bout in the 2019 season where him being ridden was a factor. It can be attributed to great coaching.
I was at East Stroudsburg open when Nolf and others wrestled in red shirt year.
Cassar could not get out from bottom the whole match against a kid from Penn

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT