ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 4 (Fri Eve.) Thread

Wow. #1 and #2 seeds go down. Lots of people thought Deakin was a lock. He barely won in the quarters.

Reactions: diggerpup
Or if you can be on here complaining, you can stream the Byers broadcast. Just a couple clicks away.

Not directed at you by the way.
I think the original complaint involves being out and not having access to anything but a phone and this forum. The someone posts something like not good nick. What does that mean he got pinned he got taken down lol. It's helpful when coming with an explanation. Lol. But I appreciate anything I can get when forced to be out of wrestling reality with the wife

How could they challenge that pin?

You can't challenge a Fall Call - they had to be challenging something in the series just before Fall Call. I think maybe they were claiming he had a Full-Nelson in momentarily (Full-Nelson a illegal move).

What was the Deakin challenge? We are from the Big-10 and we would like to implement the "Iowa did not like that move so that move doesn't count rule!"

The reason the ref called a stalemate 5 seconds after RBYs two taledowns is because each time RBY was riding down on the legs and needed to move up above the waist in 5 seconds or be called for a top stall. Immediately after each TD RBY attempted to climb up the legs, but Myers was pushing down on RBY's head preventing him from moving up.
It was handled appropriately.
The first reset was showing two seconds of riding time when the action was stopped. There were four seconds of riding time after the escape. The second reset seemed to be not much longer.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Has there ever been an NCAA tourney with so many injuries right before, or during?

Crazy that Sheets went from out of the tourney about to have knee surgery to repair his ACL to the first 33rd seed to AA.

Reactions: diggerpup
You can't challenge a Fall Call - they had to be challenging something in the series just before Fall Call. I think maybe they were claiming he had a Full-Nelson in momentarily (Full-Nelson a illegal move).
Oh ok, yeah I thought they were challenging the fall and he was clearly clamped.

Wow. #1 and #2 seeds go down. Lots of people thought Deakin was a lock. He barely won in the quarters.
I just keep remembering how Nolf just annihilated him. I know it was Nolf, but I think Deakin is a bit overrated.

The reason the ref called a stalemate 5 seconds after RBYs two taledowns is because each time RBY was riding down on the legs and needed to move up above the waist in 5 seconds or be called for a top stall. Immediately after each TD RBY attempted to climb up the legs, but Myers was pushing down on RBY's head preventing him from moving up.
Which explains the 4 seconds in riding time. ;)

You want PBP that way, then do it yourself.

I've actually tried that in the past. It's actually harder to do, especially in active matches (think Jason Nolf) where it's hard enough to keep up with the action.

I provide the PBP to help those that can't watch the match, or can't listen to the audio stream. It's beyond belief to me that people are complaining about a free service I provide that actually causes me to not just sit back and enjoy the matches, and at times causes me to miss aspects of the match.
Tom, I for one, LOVE your PBP's -- even when I'm watching in real time. For finals this year it has been a godsend as I'm at work during the day and can't watch those sessions until after I get home. KEEP doing what you're doing and realize that the vast majority of those paying attention GREATLY appreciate that. Thanks!

Zach Hartman for Bucknell about to take the mat. A PA kid.

Aside: Nolf beat a lot of these guys out there: Deakin, Hidlay, Hartmann, Kemerer, Wentzel, etc.

Reactions: diggerpup and Grass
You want PBP that way, then do it yourself.

I've actually tried that in the past. It's actually harder to do, especially in active matches (think Jason Nolf) where it's hard enough to keep up with the action.

I provide the PBP to help those that can't watch the match, or can't listen to the audio stream. It's beyond belief to me that people are complaining about a free service I provide that actually causes me to not just sit back and enjoy the matches, and at times causes me to miss aspects of the match.
I get it and I appreciate the PBP when I'm not able to watch. Figured I'd post a suggestion in case you hadn't thought about it. Certainly not complaining about the PBP. Not nearly talented enough to do it myself. And yes, couldn't imagine doing it during a Nolf match or Nickal match where everything can change at any second. But thanks again for the PBP

If that was 5 seconds, they were the fastest 5 seconds I've ever seen. Not once, but twice. I also never saw a count start. I may have missed it.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
I went to the Rutgres board. There I learned Rivera was the better wrestler and Lee just took half shots
Rutgers' wrestling fans have a fairly limited understanding of wrestling. Did you explain how Ohio State is perennially the Recruiting National Champion and the importance the NCAA places on that title?
Yeah, you are right. They would not understand the point.

Reactions: danoftw
so between Beard, Kerk, and CStar, I'm going to miss something in PBP. It appears that Beard's match will start 1st. I'll start on that, but switch off it it for the 174 Semi. That means I'll likely miss all of Kerk's match, again, for PBP. Just a heads up.
Thanks Tom I really appreciate all the time and effort you put into this. Hoping one day to buying you a cold one. Maybe at nationals next year. Thanks again

If that was 5 seconds, they were the fastest 5 seconds I've ever seen. Not once, but twice. I also never saw a count start. I may have missed it.
Certainly not 5 secs because riding time stopped at 2 sec first time.

Reactions: Hotshoe
The five seconds is not necessarily the point. The reason for the call was he was to move up or be called and Myers was preventing him from moving up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT