ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 3B Thread

Talk about Steveson going MMA, but if he doesn‘t, I don’t see how he can be anything But a strong favorite next year.
I try to be a realist.
Lol where is this mma bs come from? Gable himself has said he’s going to the WWE. It’ll be interesting if he comes back next year. Hope he does. Hell hope he comes back for two more years. He should be a three timer.

Reactions: ClarencButthorn
Can someone post the upcoming match details for the remaining PSU wrestlers? At work tonight with limited access to the Internets. ;)

Reactions: diggerpup
Can someone post the upcoming match details for the remaining PSU wrestlers? At work tonight with limited access to the Internets. ;)

133 - Semi: RBY vs (3) Myers - VT

141 - Semi: N. Lee vs (3) SeaBass - Rutgers

157 - R12: Berge - possible MFF w/ knee, otherwise vs (33) Sheets OkSt

174 - Semi: C. Starocci vs (2) Romero - Utah Valley

184 - Semi: A. Brooks vs (4) Keckeisen ? - UNI

197 - R12: Beard vs (13) Sloan - SD St

285 - R12: Kerkvliet vs (29) Harris - OkSt

133 - Semi: RBY vs (3) Myers - VT

141 - Semi: N. Lee vs (3) SeaBass - Rutgers

157 - R12: Berge - possible MFF w/ knee, otherwise vs (33) Sheets OkSt

174 - Semi: C. Starocci vs (2) Romero - Utah Valley

184 - Semi: A. Brooks vs (4) Keckeisen ? - UNI

197 - R12: Beard vs (13) Sloan - SD St

285 - R12: Kerkvliet vs (29) Harris - OkSt
Thank you kind sir!

There's a reason this is by far the best board on Rivals. Good Lord, the sh&t show elsewhere is beyond belief. We're down two wrestlers due to injuries, and they're worried. Blaming refs every chance they get. Lmao. If we didn't have injuries, we may have actually given them a run for their money.

There's a reason this is by far the best board on Rivals. Good Lord, the sh&t show elsewhere is beyond belief. We're down two wrestlers due to injuries, and they're worried. Blaming refs every chance they get. Lmao. If we didn't have injuries, we may have actually given them a run for their money.
HFYB

I had to work today and missed all the action. Thanks to everyone for the scores and updates. I was able to relive it by reading through these threads.
Just remember how far everyone else thought we were from contention at the beginning of the season and how tenuous even having the tournament was.
We won't win the team championship, but some things are certain:
  1. It'll be a war next season.
  2. Iowa isn't as strong as they thought.
  3. This is the #1 NCAA wrestling board.

I mentioned this last night during his match in round 2. He was losing his legs and sucking wind and said he welcomed the breather when his opponent took injury time. Todays match didnt surprise me at all. :(

Whats surprising is that he had all day to recover, and tank was still empty.
His first match yesterday was relatively easy; his 2nd was tougher, but didnt go into OT.
Run, run, run, run.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Oklahoma State having a great tournament.

21 seed finished R16
1 seed still going in championships
4 seed still going in championships
33 seed still going in wrestlebacks & is an All-American
10 seed still going in Round of 12
18 seed finished R24
11 seed still going in Round of 12
29 seed still going in Round of 12
...and the team is in 3rd place.

21 seed finished R16
18 seed finished R24

Great points.
Cowboys are wrestling very tough.

And Coach Smith just might let them choose between ice cream or a cheeseburger at the airport on Sunday.

21 seed finished R16
18 seed finished R24
How many of them won with no time running off the clock?

3rd session stats

Our wrestlers had some tough breaks and of course being the 3rd round, tougher competition.

Overall Score
47-39 (but keep in mind McKee's pin isn't factored in here)

Takedowns
12-10

Reversals
2-2

2 NF
2-0

4 NF
0-0

RT
4-3

ST
0-2

Escapes
Unfortunately:
11-10

Pins
0-1

(When was the last time Penn State didn't get a pin at the NCAA tournament?)
Thanks for doing this.

I had to work today and missed all the action. Thanks to everyone for the scores and updates. I was able to relive it by reading through these threads.
Just remember how far everyone else thought we were from contention at the beginning of the season and how tenuous even having the tournament was.
We won't win the team championship, but some
A few of us here thought/think PSU had a chance this year but not many. This is one hell of a coaching job by Cael and Casey to have this team competing like they are and relatively close to the best team Iowa has put together in a decade and one their fans said would beat PSU by 50.

While I'm here, let me go ahead and predict now that Alex Marinelli will not be a finalist if he decides to return next season....

I haven't gone out on a limb lately... :)

Kerk gets to a leg, finally, but Gable stuffs it and goes behind. Then lets him up and gets a double. Now releases again, posed for a late TD for the major, but Kerk gets to the leg and quickly converts, which will keep this to a decision. 9-4. Better looking than at the B1Gs but still tentative.

Kerk is giving up what 60 pounds to Gable? Kerk will be the next great Hwt. I see at least two NCs for him. He has so much room to grow and so much weight and strength to add!

Reactions: 7Springs
We won't win the team championship, but some things are certain:
  1. It'll be a war next season.
  2. Iowa isn't as strong as they thought.
  3. This is the #1 NCAA wrestling board.

#2 And they don't have to go up against the Ivys

Reactions: liex26
TIRED!!! He looked like he was drugged??? Check his water bottle? That wasn't the same guy that wrestled yesterday! MY GOD! Did he not sleep? I just hope he gets Warner in the wrestlebacks and lays him OUT!

It wasn't mountain dew.

Ryan Anderson swears by it :-/

It’s not gonna happen this year but I’m confident with a year under our belts next year our superior talent will rise to the top and we will win it all no matter who comes back for Iowa.
Assuming good health for both programs, next year will be a 25 point Lion victory.

Reactions: PSU_522
I think CStar will have Kenerererer’s number next year. And Kerk, Cassioppi’s. And SVN will mop the floor with Murin.

We should win a dual meet and have a very good shot at NCAAs.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
A few of us here thought/think PSU had a chance this year but not many. This is one hell of a coaching job by Cael and Casey to have this team competing like they are and relatively close to the best team Iowa has put together in a decade and one their fans said would beat PSU by 50.

While I'm here, let me go ahead and predict now that Alex Marinelli will not be a finalist if he decides to return next season....

I haven't gone out on a limb lately... :)
There will another quality quarter-final match that he will wrestle to not lose. He needs a Myles path, and that quarter-final match will still be a struggle.

21 seed finished R16
18 seed finished R24

One thing that the team scores and the way the brackets shook out makes very clear, is that the B1G was wildly over-rated, over-ranked and over-seeded in several weight-classes.

I think CStar will have Kenerererer’s number next year. And Kerk, Cassioppi’s. And SVN will mop the floor with Murin.

Kemmer can't be around next year can he? He started at Iowa in 2015!!!! Come on! His eligibility has to be up by now?

In other news, the Buckeyes lost to Oral Roberts in BBall. Supposedly a group of Ohio State parents will now demonstrate at the BIG HQ to ask them to petition the NCAA for a do over.
#suckitjoshlowe
To be fair........It is OSU....perhaps they got distracted every time the announcer said Oral. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
I didn't see what happened to Lab's. I was looking forward to the Kem match... Close match but I didn't see it... any quick observations?

We needed him to go to finals to have a shot at beating Iowa
BS. He's the 15 seed and he's in the 7th place match... Congrats to him!!! AND, we have 4 guys in the finals vs 3 for Iowa. If we win the two head-2-head matches it's going to be VERY close.

BS. He's the 15 seed and he's in the 7th place match... Congrats to him!!! AND, we have 4 guys in the finals vs 3 for Iowa. If we win the two head-2-head matches it's going to be VERY close.
Iowa has a lot more hay to make in the morning session though. That would have to go almost perfectly for us to have a chance. Desanto & Cass especially are probably not done winning.

Iowa has a lot more hay to make in the morning session though. That would have to go almost perfectly for us to have a chance. Desanto & Cass especially are probably not done winning.
Even if DeSanto, Warner and Cass were to lose both matches tomorrow, by the time the refs award the appropriate number of "Iowa do overs" they will still win 3 or 4 of those 6 losses.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Lion
Close only counts in horse shoes & hand grenades. Beard had a great tourney, but the fact remains that we needed him to win one more match in the winner bracket to give us a more realistic shot at the team title.

I think Kemmer can apply for Social Security next year! 7 years of college baby! I would assume that Mark Smith and Cenzo can come back as well right? They still have eligibility if Kemmer can have 7 years?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT