ADVERTISEMENT

2021 NCAAs Session 3B Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
PSU looked good early on in Session 3A, but an injury to Berge and then Howard getting pinned (and possibly injured) took some of the shine off of the session.

Please use this for all pre-session, in-session, and post-session discussions. If you're replying to another post, please use the Quote function.

When:
Thursday, March 19, 3 pm EDT

Where:
St. Louis, MO

TV:
ESPNU

Video Stream:
EPSN3 -- they'll have coverage on all 8 mats. You can watch multiple mats simultaneously on your computer, or watch only 1 mat -- you decide.

Audio Stream:
Jeff Byers's radio PBP will be streamed. I don't believe there is a pre-session portion, with coverage starting at 3 pm EDT. You can access the audio stream at:

PBP:
Unfortunately, I'm out for PBP in this session. I have something else to attend to. Hopefully, others can step forward and provide PBP.

I'll be back for Session 4 tonight.

Team Scoring:
The best place, IMHO, to get updated team scoring is the Penn State Wrestling Club's web site. You can access the virtual team scoring at:

Mat Assignments:
I post upcoming PSU mat assignments as I learn of them. Others do as well; we try to help each other out during NCAAs. The best sources I have found for mat assignments in past Nationals were TrackWrestling (go to their dashboard) or the Twitter account of Penn State Wresting (@pennstateWREST).

Let's keep it going, PSU

Last edited:
PSUers wrestling in the session:

174 Quarters: Carter Starocci vs. Andrew McNally (Kent St)
184 Quarters: Aaron Brooks vs. Taylor Venz (Nebraska)
197 Quarters: Michael Beard vs. Jake Woodley (Oklahoma)
285 Quarters: Kerk vs. Gable Steveson (Minnesota)

Reactions: diggerpup
okay, that's it for me in this thread. I've got to get ready for the schedule conflict I have.

keep it civil, and as always:
- use the Quote function
- provide scores of matches
- try to inform others of mat assignments for upcoming matches involving PSUers

okay, that's it for me in this thread. I've got to get ready for the schedule conflict I have.

keep it civil, and as always:
- use the Quote function
- provide scores of matches
- try to inform others of mat assignments for upcoming matches involving PSUers

Can we post PBP of the Hidlay Brothers, too ??

[ J/K !! ... I kid, I kid !! ]

Hey guys it's all good. A decade ago top 5 was pure gold. We are spoiled, that's all. When the dust settles we still have Cael and a stable full of young studs.

Can't wait to see what our upper weights do this afternoon, and regardless we have waited 2 years to see this elite level of folkstyle. I will even look forward to watching the bad guys kids go at it. 3 days is just way too short.

Reactions: NoVaLion2
Is there something that scores even more team points than a pin? Maybe make the opponent cry and quit the sport? Because that’s what we need our remaining wrestlers to do. :(

Is there something that scores even more team points than a pin? Maybe make the opponent cry and quit the sport? Because that’s what we need our remaining wrestlers to do. :(
Lol well murin has a head start on the crying so there's that I kid I kid. But throwing the head gear was a little off for iowa lol

Reactions: Dogwelder
Lol well murin has a head start on the crying so there's that I kid I kid. But throwing the head gear was a little off for iowa lol

I am sick of Iowa not shaking hands after matches and running away like little whimps! That should cost them a Team point! That will force them to learn proper sportsmanship!.

Not to nitpick and it really doesn't matter, but shouldn't this be Session 3B? Still the QF round, just the upper half weights.
Yeah, Session 4 is the semis. This will get confusing later @Tom McAndrew .

I wondered about that, and saw it called 3B in one place, and 4 in another place. I didn't have a lot of time to resolve that, so I went with 4.

3B makes more sense, even if it may be technically incorrect, so I'm going to change the Subject line and the text in my OP

TeamPointsMaximum
Potential
(Rd of 12)
Team Standings
Iowa
59.5​
264​
8​
3​
2​
1​
2​
Penn State
43.5​
189​
7​
2​
1​
1​
1​
North Carolina State
37.5​
184​
5​
2​
3​
1​
1​
Oklahoma State
37.5​
209​
3​
2​
6​
2​
1​
Missouri
34.5​
230​
4​
1​
6​
1​
3​
Arizona State
31.5​
182​
4​
1​
4​
2​
2​
Northwestern
22​
144.5​
3​
1​
4​
2​
3​
Minnesota
21.5​
133.5​
2​
5​
1​
2​
Virginia Tech
21.5​
148​
5​
1​
1​
2​
Ohio State
20.5​
132.5​
3​
1​
4​
1​
Michigan
17​
114​
2​
6​
2​
Central Michigan
16.5​
75.5​
2​
1​
2​
1​
1​
Nebraska
16.5​
157.5​
2​
6​
1​
1​

• Love
Reactions: lionlover
I wondered about that, and saw it called 3B in one place, and 4 in another place. I didn't have a lot of time to resolve that, so I went with 4.

3B makes more sense, even if it may be technically incorrect, so I'm going to change the Subject line and the text in my OP

Odd, I now see that it's being referred to as Session 4 everywhere else, which I guess means that tonight is Session 5 and tomorrow is 6 & 7. Which of course goes against everything that's right in the world, but it's a weird year.

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
The ref doing the Wetzel match is not very good at what he does, nor is the 2nd ref.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT