ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Okay. Why should he shoot when better shooters are making shots? Sure, if he was more alpha, he might average 20+. But would that make the team better? I’m happy with the way he’s been playing because he’s doing what the team needs him to do to be one of the better teams in the league.

We will agree to disagree. I just want more out of a max player who’s drafted #1 who’s bigger faster and stronger than anyone guarding him. You generally pay a max player to shoot and score.

I just want the Sixers to win. I think the Sixers play much better with Simmons. I seen it when he was in foul trouble last Celtics game. The offense runs smoother with him. He’s a victim of his draft status and salary. When a max player scores 15 and people are exited, that says a lot about the player and the expectations.

It's still only a month into the season, but it sure looks like the Sixers are improved under Coach Doc Rivers.

Roles are better defined, shot selection is better, and more players are contributing.

Rivers’s usage and the play of Harris may be the biggest improvement so far. His play at the end of last season was kind of tepid.

Sixers depth this year is a big difference. I wasn't excited about Howard signing, however, he has been really solid and a leader. They have a nice balance on the bench of those who can guard and those who can shoot.

You realize the celts were missing Tatum and are sitting on a 28 million trade exception , correct ?

Those facts cant be lost sight of. With that being said, I thought the Sixers bench matched up much, much better with the Celtics bench "this season", and may even be better. I didnt break down the stats. It just looked and felt that way.

Those facts cant be lost sight of. With that being said, I thought the Sixers bench matched up much, much better with the Celtics bench "this season", and may even be better. I didnt break down the stats. It just looked and felt that way.
Tatum is a star, but him playing would have taken chances from Brown and Smart. It wouldn’t have been adding Tatum means 20 more points and a Celts win. But the point is fair.

Reactions: LionJim
Sixers over the Pistons, 114-110.

JoJo with another huge game (31 points, 14 rebounds). Simmons with his best game since the start of the season (20 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists). Tobias had 17, and Curry had 14.

Dwight Howard had a play where the Piston's defender grab his shorts, didn't let go, and tore a good piece of them away, but nothing was called against the Pistons on the play. smh. It was like watching the old-time way the NBA would defend Wilt, but grabbing his shorts when he got the ball in the paint.

Wayne Ellington had 17 points for the Sixers. I never like to see a Philadelphia area player hurt the Sixers. Jahlil Okafor had 6 points. It was shocked to see how much he's slimmed down.

Sixers over the Pistons, 114-110.

JoJo with another huge game (31 points, 14 rebounds). Simmons with his best game since the start of the season (20 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists). Tobias had 17, and Curry had 14.

Dwight Howard had a play where the Piston's defender grab his shorts, didn't let go, and tore a good piece of them away, but nothing was called against the Pistons on the play. smh. It was like watching the old-time way the NBA would defend Wilt, but grabbing his shorts when he got the ball in the paint.

Wayne Ellington had 17 points for the Sixers. I never like to see a Philadelphia area player hurt the Sixers. Jahlil Okafor had 6 points. It was shocked to see how much he's slimmed down.

Okafor made some big changes in his life before going to New Orleans. He says he’s only down 20lbs, but significantly changed his diet, training, etc. Otherwise, he was pretty close to washing out of the NBA. Nice win for the Sixers. Cant wait to see them play some of the NBA’s best. I think the schedule has been favorable for the Sixers and has given River’s a good feel for what he has and the players are all playing well.

Scottie Pippen shot the three and had a better offensive game then Ben ... but ave 16 pts, 6 rebounds and 5 assists over his career. HOF player. Ben Simmons 16 pts, 8 rebounds and 8 assists.

I think everyone is over thinking Simmons Right now. Let the season develop and see where he and the team end up. I am a very LT 76er fan. All I care about is winning.

Scottie Pippen shot the three and had a better offensive game then Ben ... but ave 16 pts, 6 rebounds and 5 assists over his career. HOF player. Ben Simmons 16 pts, 8 rebounds and 8 assists.

I think everyone is over thinking Simmons Right now. Let the season develop and see where he and the team end up. I am a very LT 76er fan. All I care about is winning.

Winning cures a lot. Simmons used to drive me crazy, because the things which he struggles at can be fixed with hard work (FT shooting, 3 Point shooting), so I assumed he was not working hard enough. His FT% has improved every season. The three point issue is a mental thing.

The Pippen comparison is a good one. Without Jordan, Pippen would certainly have scored 25 a night. Also, without the commitment to defense Pippen could have been even better offensively. Would the Bulls have been better? Simmons has been pretty close to the best defensive player in the league this season. Game after game he nullifies the opponent‘s best 3 and 4. He busts his ass on the defensive end. If Simmons gives you 16, 8 and 8 and is the best one-on-one defender, or one of them, what else can you ask for? I am sure he will still drive me crazy at times, but plating like he is, it is hard to believe people are still complaining about him.

And three steals. Once again he was aggressive on offense when others were struggling. Honestly, I’m beginning to wonder how much he was distracted by the trade rumors earlier in the season. Regardless, I think he’s been playing great all around most of the season.
He’s so fun to watch, bummed when the trade rumors effect the mindset but how can it not, especially the first time. Rooting hard for him.

Reactions: MJG-90
107-106, Sixers. The Sixers nearly gave it away at the end, as the Lakers went on a 13 point run to take a 1-point lead. Tobias hit a jumper with 2.4 sec left to give them the lead and the game

Sixers avoid an epic choke.

Great game by Ben with a triple double. Super aggressive.

Tobi with a HUGE game and big shot.

All this with getting absolutely nothing from Seth Curry. If he can get back to pre covid Seth this team could be special.

Most disappointing thing about the game last night was NOT getting to hear Mark Zumoff call that last play....”Allah...we’re coming in for a landing...” and hearing his trademark “YEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!” After the shot went in.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Good Overall game, Glad to see Embid score on Gasol...all I remember against him was that 0 point effort last year! UGH!

Simmons was aggressive, but seemed more under control than just a bull in china shop play he has been doing last several weeks where he was picking up a bunch of offensive fouls.

lastly...Is their a bigger whiner than Lebron! All he did was whine after every freakin call! And his blatant push on Embiid was ridiculous...Glad they called the Flagrant, but I hope the Sixer file that away and can extract some revenge for that punk play in the in the future! Really glad Joel was not hurt as it looked like he may be done after that fall.

107-106, Sixers. The Sixers nearly gave it away at the end, as the Lakers went on a 13 point run to take a 1-point lead. Tobias hit a jumper with 2.4 sec left to give them the lead and the game

Last season, the odds are that Harris misses that shot. He’s now in a great groove, taking the shot, and not making an extra pass when he doesn’t have to.

Last season, the odds are that Harris misses that shot. He’s now in a great groove, taking the shot, and not making an extra pass when he doesn’t have to.

This season he's playing his position. Last season Horford played where Harris should have been. Horford should have been coming off the bench like Dwight Howard, only playing both the four and five and getting more minutes.

lastly...Is their a bigger whiner than Lebron! All he did was whine after every freakin call! And his blatant push on Embiid was ridiculous...Glad they called the Flagrant, but I hope the Sixer file that away and can extract some revenge for that punk play in the in the future! Really glad Joel was not hurt as it looked like he may be done after that fall.

Sixers start out slow and then end up blowing out the T-Wolves.

Joel just doin Gods work. Putting in 37 and a 11 in 27 mins. The T Wolves has NO ONE who could check Joel.

Reactions: Nitwit
Is there a bigger homer in television than Paul Pierce? When asked what he learned when the Sixers beat the Lakers he said “I learned the Sixers won’t get swept by the Celtics this year in the playoffs. They “could” win a game or two now.”

3-DCE1-E48-66-D6-4-DE7-97-CC-E5-D2-B8-DE22-E9.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT