ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

I’m also thinking making foul shots should be of greater importance when drafting and freecagenting
never again get guys who can’t hit 70%
Shooting skill is absolutely something that can be taught. Jerry West, in his autobiography, wrote, “Shooters are a dime a dozen,” and this was written in 1969. I was a terrific stand-still shooter and taught myself from a book. It’s not hard, but you got to practice.

I don’t know what this says about Simmons. I have no idea how much time he put into shooting training in the offseason so I’m not going to go there. (I’m feeling really bad for him.) The fact that last night he said it was a mental thing, well, that means he’s going to suck from the line for the rest of the playoffs. The Sixers need to bring in someone like Rick Mount and pay him $25,000 for two weeks working with Simmons.

You guys can dissect anyway you want but here is why 76ers lost 23 of 38 from the FREE THROW LINE 60 percent. Bet one guy named Ben Simmons had the majority of those misses. Simmons is a huge liability on the floor. He cannot shoot from the perimeter thus reams have five guys guarding your four cause they back off Simmons knowing he cannot shoot. Teams should foul him all the time at crunch time cause he cannot shoot foul shots.

Not an unusual substitution pattern.

Unfortunately, it highlighted how the Atlanta bench was superior to the Sixers subs. Atlanta's non-starters scored 39 points to 13 for the Sixers non-starters.

For that matter, the Sixers got very little offense other than Embiid and Seth Curry; no one else in double figures.
Don’t think the Hawks bench is superior. I would maybe give a slight advantage but not a difference maker. Milton went off one game and Williams went off last night. Neither one will likely do that again. Without Harris scoring, I agree that Curry and Embid are not enough in a long series.

You guys can dissect anyway you want but here is why 76ers lost 23 of 38 from the FREE THROW LINE 60 percent. Bet one guy named Ben Simmons had the majority of those misses. Simmons is a huge liability on the floor. He cannot shoot from the perimeter thus reams have five guys guarding your four cause they back off Simmons knowing he cannot shoot. Teams should foul him all the time at crunch time cause he cannot shoot foul shots.
Pretty much.

Somehow…the Sixers are favored by 3 Friday. Not sure how. This team looks like it is SHOT mentally. After blowing two big leads you can’t tell me that even if they get a 15 point lead in the 3rd or 4th there won’t be a voice in their heads saying “yeah but…”.

Luckily I have a graduation party Friday night (which I was originally pissed about but now see it as a blessing) so I won’t watch the game. Also not a chance if they do win I’m watching them Father’s Day and giving them a chance to ruin my day with my family. I can’t see them getting past the Hawks. I feel like the Hawks have figured it out. If the Sixers get a good lead, foul Ben. It slows the game down, Ben will miss shots, and then Doc has to make a decision. Take Ben off the floor and lose a good defender on Trae or leave him on and have him be a complete liability on the offensive end. All because a max player in the NBA can’t hit a 10 foot shot standing by himself. It’s stunning….

If the Sixers do lose this series it will fall squarely on Doc and Ben. Right or wrong…they will be the targets.

Last edited:
I've supported Simmons over the years thinking each year his outside shooting and free throws would improve. Well, they haven't and I wouldn't be upset to see him go. A guy being paid the money he is should be striving to become better at his trade. I hope I am wrong but I feel the Sixers will be gone ousted by Atlanta. It's time to see if another team is willing to give something in return for Ben. To much money is being paid to this guy to preform the way he has. Philly may be stuck with him until his contract is up.

Don't even want to read through at the moment. Still too pissed.

Is that old guy that worked with Nowitzki on his foul shots still alive? Even if not hire him.to help Ben out. A superstar supposedly that is going full Markelle.

His defense is great. His offense might be a bigger detriment than his D a plus. Play Maxey.

Somehow…the Sixers are favored by 3 Friday. Not sure how. This team looks like it is SHOT mentally. After blowing two big leads you can’t tell me that even if they get a 15 point lead in the 3rd or 4th there won’t be a voice in their heads saying “yeah but…”.

Luckily I have a graduation party Friday night (which I was originally pissed about but now see it as a blessing) so I won’t watch the game. Also not a chance if they do win I’m watching them Father’s Day and giving them a chance to ruin my day with my family. I can’t see them getting past the Hawks. I feel like the Hawks have figured it out. If the Sixers get a good lead, foul Ben. It slows the game down, Ben will miss shots, and then Doc has to make a decision. Take Ben off the floor and lose a good defender on Trae or leave him on and have him be a complete liability on the offensive end. All because a max player in the NBA can’t hit a 10 foot shot standing by himself. It’s stunning….

If the Sixers do lose this series it will fall squarely on Doc and Ben. Right or wrong…they will be the targets.
You MUST forgive them and watch. Imagine your guilt during game 7 (I guarantee game 7)

You MUST forgive them and watch. Imagine your guilt during game 7 (I guarantee game 7)

091-A7-A11-841-C-48-A8-92-BF-EE11-E14-C79-F7.gif

I've supported Simmons over the years thinking each year his outside shooting and free throws would improve. Well, they haven't and I wouldn't be upset to see him go. A guy being paid the money he is should be striving to become better at his trade. I hope I am wrong but I feel the Sixers will be gone ousted by Atlanta. It's time to see if another team is willing to give something in return for Ben. To much money is being paid to this guy to preform the way he has. Philly may be stuck with him until his contract is up.
Trade Simmons and Harris to Dallas for Porzingis and Hardaway Jr

I took a break from reading about my Sixers, and posting links about them, after game 5. Now that I'm over that, let's get this done tonight, Sixers!

Sixers start out shooting 4 for -13, and trail 16-8 with 7:20 left in the 1st quarter. If they finish better than they did the past two games, all will be forgotten. ;)

The referees are making criminal non calls on the Hawks. I have never seen such bias in calls. Trey flipping for calls and Sixers getting hammered and no calls. Hawks bodies need to start hitting the floor. A message needs to be sent soon by the Sixers even if it is a flagrant.

Why is Dwight running around trying to get called for moving screens in this road elimination game. I vouched for you IN FRONT OF TODD PACKER, Dwight!

The referees are making criminal non calls on the Hawks. I have never seen such bias in calls. Trey flipping for calls and Sixers getting hammered and no calls. Hawks bodies need to start hitting the floor. A message needs to be sent soon by the Sixers even if it is a flagrant.
How was that a foul on Embiid on that Collins ooop? He's just standing there minding his own business and Collins wrapped his left arm around Embiid's head on his way up.

by the Sixers being WAY below their season average on foul shots, is telling that something is up with the referees.

Reactions: rudedude
Got to love Maxey for his game last might along with Curry. Curry has really been our savior for the playoffs thus far. Let's hope we get game 7 Sunday. The refs were total ass last night for calling fouls on Atlanta. What a shame.

Got to love Maxey for his game last might along with Curry. Curry has really been our savior for the playoffs thus far. Let's hope we get game 7 Sunday. The refs were total ass last night for calling fouls on Atlanta. What a shame.
The call on Embiid when he was being strangled by Collins was infuriating. I really despise the Hawks as I believe they have a bunch of punks on that team led by Trae Young and the despicable Gallinari. The foul calls Young gets are phantom calls and this needs to really change if the NBA does not want to fall into a pseudo WWE.

Reactions: MJG-90
Remember, you’re out. Next series too.
I said game 6 & game 7….don’t you DARE put another level to my punishment!! All things reset with a new series. It’s a sports fans fact. Look it up 😜

That being said I didn’t watch last night and I won’t watch Sunday. BUT…it’s not because I don’t want to. I originally wasn’t going to watch because I assumed it was a mid afternoon game and I really didn’t want it consuming the time with the family. But I see it’s an 8pm game. The real reason is I have now become “superstitious guy”. I thought about it last night. I watched the first half of game 1 where they got blown out. Turned off the second half and they came back. Did watch games 2 & 3 but I feel those are my outlier games. Didn’t watch the first half of game 4 because my daughter had rehearsal so I stayed there. Came home and watched the second half where they fell apart. I didn’t watch the first half of game 5 because of my sons graduation and subsequent party after. The party ended…you guessed…it midway through the 3rd quarter when I started watching. I didn’t watch at all last night and they won what appears to be an ugly game from what I’m reading and hearing.

SO…For all the Sixers fans on this board, I will not watch Sunday mainly because of my neurotic superstitious behavior. I’ll be with you all in spirit but am doing this for all of you!!!

If the Sixers pull this out I expect them to send me a cut of their playoff pay…just sayin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT