ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

The Sixers played terribly on offense from all aspects of shooting, play sets, and sloppy turnovers. Defense and rebounding were fine. Embid himself was a prime example.

Reactions: Nitwit
The Sixers played terribly on offense from all aspects of shooting, play sets, and sloppy turnovers. Defense and rebounding were fine. Embid himself was a prime example.
That was about as bad a second half for a star player in a crucial playoff game as you'll see.

What was Embiid on 2nd half FGs -- 0 for 12? And missed a layup with 8 seconds left.

Sixers got out-fought in this one.

One of the more disappointing things I’ve seen this postseason is what a non factor (and sometimes a liability) George Hill has been. I really thought that trade was a going to pay off come playoff time.

Reactions: LionJim
Saw that live. It was hilarious when they went back to the studio and Amy had to apologize. Doc was pissed. Must have mentioned Hero ball 5 times. Also mentioned how Seth was open 5 times and didn’t get the ball because people were playing “Hero Ball”. I have a feeling it’s not going to be a good flight home.

I am not a Sixers fan but am rooting for them in this series because I despise the Hawks. Realize that the Sixers played really bad in two games and lost both by single digits. This bodes well for the Sixers as they have way more potential to blow out the Hawks vs the opposite. IMO, the dunks by Collins got the Hawks revved up and the Sixers couldn’t hit a shot. Embiid looked like his knee was wonky as he had no lift on his jump shots (many were short). I really don’t understand why Milton didn’t take the last shot as Curry’s shot was disrupted by a player from behind. I believe the Sixers will crush them in game 5.

I am not a Sixers fan but am rooting for them in this series because I despise the Hawks. Realize that the Sixers played really bad in two games and lost both by single digits. This bodes well for the Sixers as they have way more potential to blow out the Hawks vs the opposite. IMO, the dunks by Collins got the Hawks revved up and the Sixers couldn’t hit a shot. Embiid looked like his knee was wonky as he had no lift on his jump shots (many were short). I really don’t understand why Milton didn’t take the last shot as Curry’s shot was disrupted by a player from behind. I believe the Sixers will crush them in game 5.
I think Embiid’s issues might have been back related. When he was on the bench he was laying on the floor which he hasn’t done in a while. He was fine in the first half and a mess in the second. Almost like it locked up on him at halftime which would explain his disastrous 0-12 and missing a layup to win the game.

Hoping he’s ok for game 5 but that loss feels like it’s more on Doc. He should have recognized Embiid was hurting on the offensive end and ran through Ben in the post like they did in game 3. Trying to feed Joel was a mistake. When he airballed the 10 foot midrange halfway thru the 4th that should have been a sign. He was playing great on D and getting rebounds but was killing them on the other end. Ben taking 1 shot in the second half is embarrassing. I keep talking myself into his importance and then he disappears when he KNOWS Embiid is done. I’m sure he’ll hear people talk about him today and tomorrow and have a great game at home Wednesday. Seems to be his M.O. Good game…average game…bad game…people criticize him…he gets in his feelings…has a great game and the cycle starts all over again. It’s exhausting with him.

That was about as bad a second half for a star player in a crucial playoff game as you'll see.

What was Embiid on 2nd half FGs -- 0 for 12? And missed a layup with 8 seconds left.

Sixers got out-fought in this one.
He needs to quit crying to the Refs and Fing PLay.

I think Embiid’s issues might have been back related. When he was on the bench he was laying on the floor which he hasn’t done in a while. He was fine in the first half and a mess in the second. Almost like it locked up on him at halftime which would explain his disastrous 0-12 and missing a layup to win the game.

Hoping he’s ok for game 5 but that loss feels like it’s more on Doc. He should have recognized Embiid was hurting on the offensive end and ran through Ben in the post like they did in game 3. Trying to feed Joel was a mistake. When he airballed the 10 foot midrange halfway thru the 4th that should have been a sign. He was playing great on D and getting rebounds but was killing them on the other end. Ben taking 1 shot in the second half is embarrassing. I keep talking myself into his importance and then he disappears when he KNOWS Embiid is done. I’m sure he’ll hear people talk about him today and tomorrow and have a great game at home Wednesday. Seems to be his M.O. Good game…average game…bad game…people criticize him…he gets in his feelings…has a great game and the cycle starts all over again. It’s exhausting with him.
Bad knees = bad back, I know personally about this!

Reactions: jmorovich
Sixers line up to 7 tonight. Highest line of the series so far. I’m hoping for a beatdown to let ATL know the Sixers lost that last game…they didn’t win it.

Hawks making a run and Rivers flipping out on the sideline due to anemic play from the Sixers.

Yeah, great end of 3rd qtr and 4th qtr by the Hawks. Sixers lead 104-96, and the Hawks seem to want to play Hack-A-Ben. Hawks only outscored the Sixers by 4 (29-25) in the 3rd qtr, but they are currently outscoring them by 12 in the 4th qtr (29-17), with 3:20 left in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT