ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

Bogdanovic screaming and getting passionate in the huddle while Simmons sits in the Sixers huddle staring aimlessly like he smoked too much pot is the picture of this series. Win or lose, the Sixers need an overhaul.
Exactly. I see 2 players trying to win and the rest choking on their own tongues.

Embed gets stripped on a dribble, Hawks get 2, so it's 98-92, Hawks, with 41.5 sec left. Just too many turnovers by the Sixers.

damn Thybulle will a dumb foul on Opie taking a long 3, and he makes the 3 FTs.

96-92, Hawks, with 54 sec left.
Ultimately it was a bad foul. However, Thybulle has blocked a lot of three point attempts this year without much fouling so it’s hard to blame him for trying.

Great year. Way to go guys.

Here we come, the 76ers. Next year will be awesome.

Luckily I stuck to my guns and didn’t watch. Happy to see I wasn’t the problem. Looks like Daryl Morey has some work to do.

Reactions: WestSideLion
You just can't play 4 on 5 and win in the playoffs. It's either a come to Jesus moment this off season and a commitment to teaching him how to shoot, or they package him to another team in a deal...but as the other poster said, you won't get much for a kid who won't shoot and can't shoot.

Ben Simmons not a FG in last four games in the 4 th qtr. Not sure if this is accurate.

FaintLinearHydatidtapeworm-max-1mb.gif

Simmons’ new home, the PG who couldn’t shoot

Ben_Simmons_free_throw_%28cropped%29.jpg

Reactions: jmorovich
I know everyone is having on Simmons and rightfully so, but he still has a skillset that know one else has with his size and strength. Unfortunately for the Sixers it has gotten to the point he needs a change of venue to see if his offensive game improves as he said after game 5..its a mental thing. He is still the best defender in the NBA and really good at being a big non shooting passer guy!

There are plenty of teams that will be willing to give up a lot for a Ben Simmons thinking they can fix his shot and then they have the best player in the league, which is true...but a big if the shot can be fixed.

Now, My thought on my favorite trade package...Simmons, Maxey and a 1st Rounder for Dame! Go get it done Daryl!

I think Maxey will be a star in the league in a couple years, so that may be intriguing enough with Ben to get a good deal on an established legit point guard.

I know everyone is having on Simmons and rightfully so, but he still has a skillset that know one else has with his size and strength. Unfortunately for the Sixers it has gotten to the point he needs a change of venue to see if his offensive game improves as he said after game 5..its a mental thing. He is still the best defender in the NBA and really good at being a big non shooting passer guy!

There are plenty of teams that will be willing to give up a lot for a Ben Simmons thinking they can fix his shot and then they have the best player in the league, which is true...but a big if the shot can be fixed.

Now, My thought on my favorite trade package...Simmons, Maxey and a 1st Rounder for Dame! Go get it done Daryl!

I think Maxey will be a star in the league in a couple years, so that may be intriguing enough with Ben to get a good deal on an established legit point guard.
I wouldn’t trade Maxey or Thybulle. I’d rather package Simmons with Shake Milton or Korkmaz if you have to let another player go,

Reactions: bison13
I wouldn’t trade Maxey or Thybulle. I’d rather package Simmons with Shake Milton or Korkmaz if you have to let another player go,
I concur. CJ McCollum, Lorenzo Ball, and Zach LaVine are the three names most commonly mentioned on the web. One writer compared trading Simmons at this point to trading Wentz. I can’t believe the Sixers blew the Process. Well, I guess I can….

Reactions: bison13
Definitely going to be an interesting offseason. I think Morey made the little tweaks when he came in just to get some things changed but didn't swing for the fences to wait and see what he had. I expect him to try to make some big changes this offseason. Joel doesn't have a very big window at this level due to injuries so I think he might go all in to be contenders for the next 2-3 years.

That being said, I'm not sure Kork gets you much since he is an unrestricted free agent. I doubt they do a sign and trade with him included and Shake is on a great contract (he's making $1.8 next year and $1.9 the year after). I think he can be valuable to a team but his money doesn't add anything to a trade. I's almost like having a decent rotational player for free. If a team likes Shake you absolutely add him, but I feel like he would just be filler. I wonder how much they like and want him around.

Not a chance anything the Sixers have get you Lillard so I won't even let that thought enter my mind. McCullum might be the one that you can get from Portland. I don't know if it was here or somewhere else I saw it but, GM's have TV's. They saw what Ben Simmons is. At this point you aren't getting high level talent for him in return. Lowry is still out there as a free agent and maybe a sign in trade with Toronto would work with Ben Simmons included if they want to get something before he walks. Whatever I do, I DON'T trade Maxey. He is your starting point guard on this team next year. I haven't seen many mid first round picks get better as the season goes on. From all accounts he works hard and is very coachable and his teammates seem to love him. It was very telling when Doc was asked "Can Ben Simmons be a point guard on a championship team?" and he quickly said "I don't know". That's as polite a way to say "Hell no" as you can from an NBA coach with the experience in front of reporters as Doc has.

It was abundantly clear from the Hawks series the Sixers don't have a perimeter player they can hand the ball to and say..."Get us something". All of their players require setup at this point. I think Morey does what he was paid to do here and brings that guy to Philly and also adds more shooting around Joel.

Maybe discussion for another day...I wonder if the Sixers have buyer's remorse with regards to Doc over Ty Lue. He seems to be pushing all the right buttons for the same team Doc had last year. That being said, I don't see them beating the Suns. They seem destined for a championship. If you would have told me Dario would have a ring in the 2021 season I would have told you I'd meet you on Broad St for the parade!!

Then fans boo the home team and throw garbage at them? Is this true?
Yes. Don’t blame them booing, but the few pieces of trash thrown is dumb. That said, ANY self respecting fan base would have hounded that team off the court. They fully deserved the shame

Last edited:

No way. Don't give up Maxey. Sorry but we aren't getting anything more than a bag of balls for him....we gotta fix him with our coaching and it's about time that doc rivers does something about this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT