ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Sixers Thread

I said game 6 & game 7….don’t you DARE put another level to my punishment!! All things reset with a new series. It’s a sports fans fact. Look it up 😜

That being said I didn’t watch last night and I won’t watch Sunday. BUT…it’s not because I don’t want to. I originally wasn’t going to watch because I assumed it was a mid afternoon game and I really didn’t want it consuming the time with the family. But I see it’s an 8pm game. The real reason is I have now become “superstitious guy”. I thought about it last night. I watched the first half of game 1 where they got blown out. Turned off the second half and they came back. Did watch games 2 & 3 but I feel those are my outlier games. Didn’t watch the first half of game 4 because my daughter had rehearsal so I stayed there. Came home and watched the second half where they fell apart. I didn’t watch the first half of game 5 because of my sons graduation and subsequent party after. The party ended…you guessed…it midway through the 3rd quarter when I started watching. I didn’t watch at all last night and they won what appears to be an ugly game from what I’m reading and hearing.

SO…For all the Sixers fans on this board, I will not watch Sunday mainly because of my neurotic superstitious behavior. I’ll be with you all in spirit but am doing this for all of you!!!

If the Sixers pull this out I expect them to send me a cut of their playoff pay…just sayin.

200.gif

Benches are incredibly short in this Bucks - Nets game 7.

Curious if Doc sticks to his full rotation in a game 7. I guess I’ll have to read about it on Monday morning since I’m not allowed to watch per the board rule laid out by @Lion Son/Husband/Father

Watching Simmons consistently provide zero offensive threat is maddening. Thank God for Seth Curry.

I didn’t understand why the Knicks fans hated Trae Young until watching this series. He is such a punk and an actor. I cannot believe that the referees fall for his antics. The refs seem to also allow the Sixers to be fouled without calling it whereas they call every little thing the other way. Same as game 6.

ugly ball, in the 1st half. Hawks lead 48-46 at the half. Neither team establishing any rhythm.

Doc's starting lineup tonight, and his substitutions, have been hard to comprehend.

Right now, he has Tobias and 4 bench players in. Almost every time Tobias has tried to break down a defender on the dribble, he's been short on his shot. And Howard, Thybulle, Maxey, and Hill are not going to score a lot (unless Maxey gets hot like he did in Game 6). Foul troubles for Simmons and for Curry are probably contributing to the unusual substitutions. Hopefully, the bench players can get through this stretch, and keep the game close.

The rebuttal:

Still don't have a good feel for how this game is going to go. Neither team is playing all that well.

Sixers have 4 players on the court who want nothing to do with taking a shot. Chokers, is correct.

3:04 left, 90-87, Hawks.

Sixers went on a 12-0 run to take the lead, and then proceeded to make a bunch of poor shots.

You need 5 guys, not 2. I see Harris and Embeed. And 3 dudes who are so uptight they can't move.

Bogdanovic screaming and getting passionate in the huddle while Simmons sits in the Sixers huddle staring aimlessly like he smoked too much pot is the picture of this series. Win or lose, the Sixers need an overhaul.

damn Thybulle will a dumb foul on Opie taking a long 3, and he makes the 3 FTs.

96-92, Hawks, with 54 sec left.

ADVERTISEMENT