ADVERTISEMENT

2019 PSU WVB Thread

Hey Tom, what was the story on Darcy Dorton after the. 2009 season?
I seem to remember that she may have been injured in next season and may have ultimately transferred or ended her playing career. Can you fill in the missing bio info on Darcy Dorton, including where she is apparently now coaching ?

Reactions: PSU&Trout
I seem to remember that she may have been injured in next season and may have ultimately transferred or ended her playing career. Can you fill in the missing bio info on Darcy Dorton, including where she is apparently now coaching ?

She transferred to the College of Charleston where she was the CAA Player of the Year. Is now the head coach at Eastern Michigan.

And Tom, while you are at it could you somehow confirm that the ladies are back and ready to go. Maybe a word on the schedule. Yea I know schedule is tougher to get than CI A secret codes.

Reactions: TheGLOV
And Tom, while you are at it could you somehow confirm that the ladies are back and ready to go. Maybe a word on the schedule. Yea I know schedule is tougher to get than CI A secret codes.

PSU's schedule for athletes to return permitted WVB players to start arriving on June 29th. I haven't seen any announcements as to how many of them have returned.

The schedule is even tougher to get. PSU is never one of the 1st teams to release their schedule, and with all the Covid issues, it would not surprise me if it's some time before we see a schedule.

PSU's schedule for athletes to return permitted WVB players to start arriving on June 29th. I haven't seen any announcements as to how many of them have returned.

The schedule is even tougher to get. PSU is never one of the 1st teams to release their schedule, and with all the Covid issues, it would not surprise me if it's some time before we see a schedule.

My daughter will be a freshman on another D1 VB team this year - their schedule still has yet to be announced as well. Suspect the spike over last 2 weeks is delaying plans.

My daughter will be a freshman on another D1 VB team this year - their schedule still has yet to be announced as well. Suspect the spike over last 2 weeks is delaying plans.

Matches are being scheduled for maximum tv exposure. Wed and Sat for big 10. Originally this was to help get people into games after football, but that will likely be scrapped. Refs will have temp taken before entering facility and if over the threshold, not permitted to officiate. In that case, line judge may have to step into r2 role, and someone else will fill in at LJ (not the easiest position to be in coming in cold). Masks may be worn by all officials except r1.

Reactions: flash86 and TheGLOV

Congrats to you and to her!

My one childhood friend had a daughter who earned a volleyball scholarship and played for Colorado St.

My son played volleyball for WVU.

Congrats to you and to her!

My one childhood friend had a daughter who earned a volleyball scholarship and played for Colorado St.

My son played volleyball for WVU.

Thank you. My son plays PSU club.

Thank you. My son plays PSU club.

I guess I should clarify.

My son too played 'club' non-NCAA for WVU. They played against very low Div. I and Div. II & III teams. And also against 'Branch' campuses of some schools. PSU Behrend was one of them I think and PSU Altoona. I believe. Still very competitive. Great athletes of the sport. Man! Could they pay!!!

They went Div. I the year after he left!

He did help make the program what it is today!

Congrats to your son!!

:)

I guess I should clarify.

My son too played 'club' non-NCAA for WVU. They played against very low Div. I and Div. II & III teams. And also against 'Branch' campuses of some schools. PSU Behrend was one of them I think and PSU Altoona. I believe. Still very competitive. Great athletes of the sport. Man! Could they pay!!!

They went Div. I the year after he left!

He did help make the program what it is today!

Congrats to your son!!

:)

My son knows some guys on current WVU team from club.

I'm waiting for Gen. Doom & Gloom to provide a bio on this girl.

Is she any good General??

:) ;););) :)

I don't know much about her, but she has good measurables. Her video shows that she has good vertical and a quick, strong arm. Her reviews on Volleytalk are pretty positive. She is listed as #87 on Prep Volleyball's Top 150 recruits for 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT