ADVERTISEMENT

2019 PSU WVB Thread

Not looking ahead because Kathryn Plummer is next up, but saw this pic and remain bewildered that anyone could get off the ground enough to get their waist up to the top of the net. (maybe it's the camera angle.) This is Yossiana Pressley of Baylor, who is 2nd in the nation in Kills Per Set. Jordan Thompson (sound familiar?) has lead the nation in that category. Plummer is 10th.

EJ3ZR1VXkAAz8RX.jpg

Not looking ahead because Kathryn Plummer is next up, but saw this pic and remain bewildered that anyone could get off the ground enough to get their waist up to the top of the net. (maybe it's the camera angle.) This is Yossiana Pressley of Baylor, who is 2nd in the nation in Kills Per Set. Jordan Thompson (sound familiar?) has lead the nation in that category. Plummer is 10th.

EJ3ZR1VXkAAz8RX.jpg
Was watching their match last weekend. All I could do was chuckle. How do you defend that?
Almost feel sorry for the opponent when she skies for the kill!

OL

PSU will play Stanford in the regional final at 10pm Eastern on ESPNU.

It should be an exciting match. I would guess that Stanford would be a slight favorite given than Stanford has the higher seed (3 vrs 11) and the game being played at Palo Alto. I would give the intangible factor to Penn State for the coaching of Russ Rose. He is a coaching legend who doesn't seem to be slowing down and has a track record of doing well in the NCAA tournament.

EJ3ZR1VXkAAz8RX.jpg

She reminds me of Destinee Hooker who was an NCAA high jump champion and played volleyball for Texas.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Russ always seems to get the team to peak at the end of the season. I don’t know if Stanford can be beaten, especially on their home court, but I wouldn’t count us out. We have some great leadership on this team. White and Gorrell will be hard to replace next year, but a lot of young players got playing time this season and will be returning. White in particular provides a lot of floor leadership on this team and will be missed.

Reactions: francofan
DECEMBER 14, 2019 - 10:00 PM EST, ESPNU

PENN ST.(27-5)
penn-st.svg

VS

STANFORD(27-4)
stanford.svg

It's a bit deceiving that Plummer is only 10 in kills per set because she missed more than a month of the season. It should be an interesting match. Here's hoping PSU gets off to a good start and continues in the tournament.

It's a bit deceiving that Plummer is only 10 in kills per set because she missed more than a month of the season. It should be an interesting match. Here's hoping PSU gets off to a good start and continues in the tournament.

Shouldn't the formula be: number of kills/number of sets played = kills per set?

Last edited:
Reactions: PSU73
I think some of that is camera angle, but still impressive! Also need to check out some Matt Anderson!

Matthew+Anderson+USA+v+Iran+FIVB+Men+Volleyball+8oCYcsqcuG5l.jpg

EJ3ZR1VXkAAz8RX.jpg

Last edited:
Tori Gorrell is certainly peaking at right time, and Lauren Clark is stepping up in Cathay’s absence!

Russ always seems to get the team to peak at the end of the season. I don’t know if Stanford can be beaten, especially on their home court, but I wouldn’t count us out. We have some great leadership on this team. White and Gorrell will be hard to replace next year, but a lot of young players got playing time this season and will be returning. White in particular provides a lot of floor leadership on this team and will be missed.

I am turning it off. That was devastating. This will be a 3-0 Stanford win and I can't stomach that. If I don't watch they may bounce back.

Reactions: Indian rocks rich
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT