ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Do they have to weigh in before wrestling tonight ?

No,Cenzo already up to 175 lbs. after going to freakin Primanti Bros during Nationals. He just has to find a way to make it tomm, heard he may run to and from Young Guns Wrestling Club after his Semi vs Shields

One person above called Rasheed "the biggest disappointment on the team."

Another said if he wrestles next year, it will be somewhere else.

That's not exactly constructive criticism.
Exactly. Pointing out not shooting at all or going for a cradle isn't ripping him. Kudos to his opponent. He wrestled tough and wanted it. Shak could have put the boots in and killed the clock.
I get the point, but he's not a leg rider.

184 Consolation R2: Rasheed vs. Andrew McNally (Kent St)

Per 1
Rasheed looks light and fast off the whistle. McNally in on a single, they scramble, and Rasheed ends up with the TD, 2-0. Rasheed tries to lock a cradle, and he rolls him, and McNally is able to roll over, so 4 NF, 6-0. Stall warning on McNally. End. RT @ 2:29 for Rasheed

Per 2
They start in natural. Rasheed nearly with a single, but nothing. Rasheed in, nothing. McNally in on a single, they scramble, Rasheed has an ankle, and the period ends. RT still @ 2:29 for Rasheed

Per 3
McNally starts on bottom. After a bit, he gets flattened. McNally starts to work up, and Rasheed goes for a near-side cradle. He can't seem to get him over, and a stoppage with 22 sec for a stalemate. McNally up and out. McNally shoots, Rasheed sprawls, they are on the edge, Rasheed with a TD at the buzzer, 8-1. with the RT, it's a 9-1 major!

which is far better than "au naturel" :eek: [not intending to be a wiseass, but that was too inviting; love your pbp]

The best part about reading both Hawkeye Report and BWI back to back is seeing fans making the exact same excuses for losses, then accusing the other fan base of making excuses for losing, gloating about Iowa/PSU upset losses, then judging the other fan base for gloating over upset losses, etc... The boards are almost a mirror image in their mannerisms. It's especially entertaining come tournament time when ignorant casual fans wander in from the football boards, have no idea what's going on, and complain incessantly about the performance of the wrestlers, the coaches, and the officials, often not actually knowing the rules very well or who the opponents are.

Shakur is not healthy and lost to a guy who he was in control of in a weird position. Sometimes when your legs get tangled up in those scrambles, it's harder to belly down than it looks. I also didn't think the official did a good job of signaling that he was counting nearfall. That guy had a big underdog run at last year's tournament and has repeated it again this year. He's a classic bracket buster. The "26 seed" he lost to was the most comically underseeded guy in the bracket because he spend most of the year wrestling up at 197. Most bracket predicitions I saw had him in the quarters. He's a very tough out from a good program and an injured Rasheed lost a tight one to him. Have some perspective guys. You should absolutely want another year for him if you can get it. Brooks is a great recruit, but his big results are all in freestyle, and he didn't exactly light the world on fire at Midlands. He's also not big enough for 184 at the moment.

The hawk fans feel similarly about Marinelli, but if you knew your stuff, you knew that the Lewis match was going to be a toss up. Lewis beat Marinelli this past summer at the Junior Trials and then went on to win Junior World Gold. Lewis hasn't lost a match since November. He is a legit title contender, and there's no shame in Marinelli dropping a heartbreaker there. This tournament is nuts.

Luckily, if you read the boards often enough, you know who the good posters are and you can ignore everybody else.

Got some good enemy on enemy matches tonight, that will automatically deduct max potential team points from one team automatically with the loss. Using the top 4 teams right now for max potential points. None in the Consi's that I see.

Nick Piccininni (Oklahoma State) vs Spencer Lee (Iowa)

Daton Fix (Oklahoma State) vs Luke Pletcher (Ohio State)
Nick Lee (Penn State) vs Joe McKenna (Ohio State)
Preston Weigel (Oklahoma State) vs Kollin Moore (Ohio State)

No,Cenzo already up to 175 lbs. after going to freakin Primanti Bros during Nationals. He just has to find a way to make it tomm, heard he may run to and from Young Guns Wrestling Club after his Semi vs Shields
Thanks .. was thinking it might help Lee if McKenna had to make weight again.

Shak scores 3.5 points. That's 15-18 team points less than his seed would suggest.

3.5, does that include the team point we lost as well?

:-(. Total bummer no matter how you slice it. I really do feel bad for him, he's a good kid, but I am really frustrated as well.

This board needs a punching bag like a junkie needs a hit.

As someone on the Iowa board noted in response to me saying why I came there- come back after the tournament, the board is a lot more civil. Ditto for here IMO.

The best part about reading both Hawkeye Report and BWI back to back is seeing fans making the exact same excuses for losses, then accusing the other fan base of making excuses for losing, gloating about Iowa/PSU upset losses, then judging the other fan base for gloating over upset losses, etc... The boards are almost a mirror image in their mannerisms. It's especially entertaining come tournament time when ignorant casual fans wander in from the football boards, have no idea what's going on, and complain incessantly about the performance of the wrestlers, the coaches, and the officials, often not actually knowing the rules very well or who the opponents are.

Shakur is not healthy and lost to a guy who he was in control of in a weird position. Sometimes when your legs get tangled up in those scrambles, it's harder to belly down than it looks. I also didn't think the official did a good job of signaling that he was counting nearfall. That guy had a big underdog run at last year's tournament and has repeated it again this year. He's a classic bracket buster. The "26 seed" he lost to was the most comically underseeded guy in the bracket because he spend most of the year wrestling up at 197. Most bracket predicitions I saw had him in the quarters. He's a very tough out from a good program and an injured Rasheed lost a tight one to him. Have some perspective guys. You should absolutely want another year for him if you can get it. Brooks is a great recruit, but his big results are all in freestyle, and he didn't exactly light the world on fire at Midlands. He's also not big enough for 184 at the moment.

The hawk fans feel similarly about Marinelli, but if you knew your stuff, you knew that the Lewis match was going to be a toss up. Lewis beat Marinelli this past summer at the Junior Trials and then went on to win Junior World Gold. Lewis hasn't lost a match since November. He is a legit title contender, and there's no shame in Marinelli dropping a heartbreaker there. This tournament is nuts.

Luckily, if you read the boards often enough, you know who the good posters are and you can ignore everybody else.

Amen.

Reactions: js8793

Should have added when the football team loses, there must be 30 “ fire the coach” silliness. Their affirmative needs are to great.

I have a suggestion, every whiner on these boards should have a mandatory 3 year “affiliation “ with the Indiana football and wrestling boards. I apologize in advance to the Indiana fans.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Should have added when the football team loses, there must be 30 “ fire the coach” silliness. Their affirmative needs are to great.

I have a suggestion, every whiner on these boards should have a mandatory 3 year “affiliation “ with the Indiana football and wrestling boards. I apologize in advance to the Indiana fans.
Anybody who posts something ridiculous like Rasheed is the biggest disappointment on the team, should have to say it to Cael's face.

WOW! Shak bashing in full effect?!?! Dude missed matches off and on for the whole back half of the year and loses a couple tight ones when he doesn’t look like himself and people bring out the pitch forks! Big knee brace on, yeah? Tentative in positions he’s not normally tentative in...makes some mistakes probably because he’s not confident on the knee. Not making excuses, but he certainly doesn’t deserve to be drug through the mud...

If these were other times...we would have stoned him!

tenor.gif

Reactions: danoftw
I'm guessing many or most of you have seen this but it was new to me. If nothing else, it may give you something to do while you are waiting anxiously for the semifinals tonight. I was on Youtube and this video of Bo and Mark wrestling each other in 2013 came up in the suggested videos.

Bo Nickal vs. Mark Hall - 2013 FILA Cadet Nationals

Hell even I pass on most football days. It's simply not worth it. As far as the 2 boards? Iowa is eating their own.

Hall is heavily favored? Umm. That is always a close match and yes has me nervous.

First time out wrestle backs have not really produced now if lee and Cassar lose tonight and they secure at least 3rd then that’s il be different.

I wonder what plan Cael will have for Cassar this time out since Stevenson will
Be ready for him this time.

Lee against McKenna. McKenna has some nice energy last round. Lee has to stay tough like he did last time all the way through.

This is closer at this point than I thought it would be but when some of those wrestlers went down yesterday it looked like the year of upsets. So let’s have a good night tonight and help me sleep!

Marinelli losing might have been the gift we needed.

Mark has never lost to him so yes he’s heavily favored. It is also the match that makes me most nervous, too. But it’s Mark Hall. A loss would be a shock.

Reactions: nitlion6
Maybe Shak was overseeded maybe he wasnt. Who knows, but at the end of the day, if there is more to the injury than we know, he went out there and fought. I can count numerous times that I have just blanked in certain situations when I know exactly what to do. At the end of the day he went out and competed in a National tournament which is probably more than any of us can speak to.
There is more to the injury than is publicized. It is courageous that he’s out there at all.

I hate to admit it to all my board mates, but I’m probably responsible for the losses today by Berge and Shak. Just realized I wasn’t wearing my PSU hat during their matches. I’M SO SORRY. Rest assured adjustments have been made to prevent a repeat of this rookie mistake (yes, the duct tape is a bit uncomfortable, but it’s the least I could do).

I hate to admit it to all my board mates, but I’m probably responsible for the losses today by Berge and Shak. Just realized I wasn’t wearing my PSU hat during their matches. I’M SO SORRY. Rest assured adjustments have been made to prevent a repeat of this rookie mistake (yes, the duct tape is a bit uncomfortable, but it’s the least I could do).

You now must dye your hair blu. For bo. And for Texas.

Just block we8iasthawk and hoytdbag and HR is a great place to visit.

Semifinal Match-Ups

Sebastian Rivera (Northwestern) vs Jack Mueller (Virginia)

Nick Piccininni (Oklahoma State) vs Spencer Lee (Iowa)

Daton Fix (Oklahoma State) vs Luke Pletcher (Ohio State)

Stevan Micic (Michigan) vs Nick Suriano (Rutgers)

Yianni Diakomihalis (Cornell) vs Jaydin Eierman (Missouri)

Nick Lee (Penn State) vs Joe McKenna)

Anthony Ashnault (Rutgers) vs Matthew Kolodzik (Princeton)

Austin O'Connor (North Carolina) vs Micah Jordan (Ohio State)

Jason Nolf (Penn State) vs Hayden Hidlay (NC State)

Kaleb Young (Iowa) vs Tyler Berger (Nebraska)

Mekhi Lewis (Va Tech) vs Evan Wick (Wisconsin)

Josh Shields (Arizona State) vs Vincenzo Joseph (Penn State)

Mark Hall (Penn State) vs Myles Amine (Michigan)

Zahid Valencia (Arizona State) vs Daniel Lewis (Missouri)

Myles Martin (Ohio State) vs Max Dean (Cornell)

Drew Foster (UNI) vs Chip Ness (Drew Foster)

Bo Nickal (Penn State) vs Pat Brucki (Princeton)

Preston Weigel (Oklahoma State) vs Kollin Moore (Ohio State)

Derek White (Oklahoma State) vs Jordan Wood (Lehigh)

Anthony Cassar (Penn State) vs Gable Steveson (Minnesota)
thank you

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT