ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Maybe Shak was overseeded maybe he wasnt. Who knows, but at the end of the day, if there is more to the injury than we know, he went out there and fought. I can count numerous times that I have just blanked in certain situations when I know exactly what to do. At the end of the day he went out and competed in a National tournament which is probably more than any of us can speak to.

WOW! Shak bashing in full effect?!?! Dude missed matches off and on for the whole back half of the year and loses a couple tight ones when he doesn’t look like himself and people bring out the pitch forks! Big knee brace on, yeah? Tentative in positions he’s not normally tentative in...makes some mistakes probably because he’s not confident on the knee. Not making excuses, but he certainly doesn’t deserve to be drug through the mud...
This board needs a punching bag like a junkie needs a hit.

Nolf, Cenzo, Hall and Nickle should all make the finals for PSU

Jordan and Martin should make the finals for OSU.

I don’t see Pletcher beating fix.

Moore is in for a tough match with Wiegel.

Cassar has a tough match with Gable and I’d probably give a slight edge to Gable the way he is wrestling. Hopefully Cassar’s Experience prevails.

The team title should be over if Lee can beat McKeana. If McKenna wins along with Moore and Cassar loses, the race gets interesting.

Campbell has White in the 165 R12 match. Buckeyes should be down to 5 alive. Barring a complete meltdown, PSU is still going to win comfortably. If there was a year for PSU to have an "off" tournament, this is the year to do it.

Everyone trashing Shak must know exactly what is wrong with his knee, and what his potential is with that big brace. I would have loved to see him win, but there is a reason he didn't wrestle alot of matches this season. His undefeated record was misleading as he missed the good guys, and I think too many people had unrealistic expectations for him.

Maybe Shak was overseeded maybe he wasnt. Who knows, but at the end of the day, if there is more to the injury than we know, he went out there and fought. I can count numerous times that I have just blanked in certain situations when I know exactly what to do. At the end of the day he went out and competed in a National tournament which is probably more than any of us can speak to.

Hey man, I was a District 3 consi semi-finalist! Shak's got nothing on me. :)

Some mild worry seems to be setting in about the team race for a lot of folks. Not me. I think it will be settled safely before then anyway, but don't forget who will wrestle last for each team (depending on what weight they start the finals). Ohio State can't win their last match, and we can't lose ours... Bo.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Some mild worry seems to be setting in about the team race for a lot of folks. Not me. I think it will be settled safely before then anyway, but don't forget who will wrestle last for each team (depending on what weight they start the finals). Ohio State can't win their last match, and we can't lose ours... Bo.

Cassar will be our last match :)

No doubt he gutted it out with the injury.... it’s a damn shame because it clearly impacted his ability on the mat. But he still did have some brain cramps out there. Oh well ... is what it is unfortunately.

Also, I actually think those are the only 2 times all year that I’ve seen a guy counted into the danger zone TD, rather than just belly down and give up the TD

Everyone trashing Shak must know exactly what is wrong with his knee, and what his potential is with that big brace. I would have loved to see him win, but there is a reason he didn't wrestle alot of matches this season. His undefeated record was misleading as he missed the good guys, and I think too many people had unrealistic expectations for him.
I don't think anybody is trashing Shak. There has been honest opinions as to why Shak lost. The fact is that Shak did not wrestle smart matches in his losses. For example last night leading 5-2 and in the 3rd, his mindset should be I cannot get put on my back. He should have realized that he could afford to give up a TD and still win the match. Heck he should have realized that Ness would have needed 2 TD's and a ride out to send it to OT as long as he did not get put on his back. That is the truth. Once the danger count started Shak should have gone to his stomach last night and given up the 2. Ness would have cut him and Shak could have stalled to victory.

Today Shak just had to ride for another 20 seconds but instead went for the cradle, lost it and then lost the match.

Look at Hall, he has been wrestling conservatively and smart most of the season, basically content to grind out wins by not making mistakes. We know there is a lot more in his arsenal.

Campbell has White in the 165 R12 match. Buckeyes should be down to 5 alive. Barring a complete meltdown, PSU is still going to win comfortably. If there was a year for PSU to have an "off" tournament, this is the year to do it.

Its Like people count on other teams making hay in the consis, but if we get down there we won’t do anything. If Lee and Cassar lose which is more than likely, they have chances to score a lot of points down there.

Relax. That said, if Lee beats Buckeye Joey, that’s a death blow

Let me introduce you to our friends this even:

Daton Fix
Austin O'Connor
Max Dean
Preston Weigel

Tonight .... you are all Nittany Lions.

I kid I kid

EDIT: Even funnier considering 2 of them are Cowboys haha

Hahaha 'member that crap from last year. The Board Remembers

Reactions: danoftw
The purple eye roll emoji can sometimes connote sarcasm.

There's also plenty of gifs to pick from
Sarcastic-Good-Job-Thumbs-Up-By-Emma-Stone-In-Easy-A.gif

Reactions: Dogwelder
One person above called Rasheed "the biggest disappointment on the team."

Another said if he wrestles next year, it will be somewhere else.

That's not exactly constructive criticism.
Lot's of people don't know what they are talking about. They post while emotional and make themselves look silly. it's a detriment to the board, in my opinion and doesn't respect the wrestlers at all. Criticism is fine, but some posts haven't been that.

No doubt he gutted it out with the injury.... it’s a damn shame because it clearly impacted his ability on the mat. But he still did have some brain cramps out there. Oh well ... is what it is unfortunately.

Also, I actually think those are the only 2 times all year that I’ve seen a guy counted into the danger zone TD, rather than just belly down and give up the TD
Exactly. I told my friend that was pee on electric fence..... twice kind of dumb.

One person above called Rasheed "the biggest disappointment on the team."

Another said if he wrestles next year, it will be somewhere else.

That's not exactly constructive criticism.
Exactly. Pointing out not shooting at all or going for a cradle isn't ripping him. Kudos to his opponent. He wrestled tough and wanted it. Shak could have put the boots in and killed the clock.

Wow did that smell. I suspect the knee injury has been worse than we all realize and his conditioning not what it needed to be as a result, but....

He puts himself on his back way too much, has a lack of awareness of the clock this year and last. He gave up two escapes milking the cradle for too long and, just plan to sloppy and loose.

I am not as excited by a 6th year as I once was. He should have been able to coast through that match even on one leg. All the talk of Miles, no way, he would have been embarrassed in that one. I love Shak but my excitement level for Brooks trumps the value of him getting a redshirt next year while Shak comes back.

I know people hate this and we have 6 months to discuss but if Mark Hall chooses Oly RS, I think that is the first Domino. Then we shirt both Beard, Brooks, and won't be surprised at all of we do the same with Lee and or RBY. Shak getting a 6th will be a big part of this possibility, otherwise I think Brooks will prove much better out of the gate and Cael will run with him. Shak gave is all a ton of excitement in duals and he should be proud of his accomplishments despite what he delivered in March.

He should have been able to coast through that match even on one leg he types. Wtf. Guess u never wrestled much.

PSU - 6 semifinalists... 4 heavily favored (Nolf, Cenzo, Hall, Bo)... 2 toss-ups (Lee, Cassar)

1 underdog in blood round. (RBY)

O$U - 5 seminfalists... 2 heavily favored (Micah, Martin)... 2 toss ups (McKenna, Moore)... 1 underdog (Pletcher)

1 underdog in blood round (Campbell)
——————————————————

The four upperclassmen studs take care of business. It’s over.

Lee and Cassar are virtual locks for 3rd/4th. And favored to get 3rd should they not be victorious. (Same for McKenna, Moore)

———————————————————

Relax. Breath. Watch Bo pin Martin and some Zain bows. Enjoy the next two days.

Been a tough day for Iowa. As good as yesterday went today has been almost the opposite. I am sure Hawkeye fans are frustrated in a big way today.

Marinelli hurt bad, no doubt. The excitement for Young sure was short lived. Hawks have a huge blood round coming up. Anywhere from 2 to 8 AA's. Going to be one heck of a round.

Hall is heavily favored? Umm. That is always a close match and yes has me nervous.

First time out wrestle backs have not really produced now if lee and Cassar lose tonight and they secure at least 3rd then that’s il be different.

I wonder what plan Cael will have for Cassar this time out since Stevenson will
Be ready for him this time.

Lee against McKenna. McKenna has some nice energy last round. Lee has to stay tough like he did last time all the way through.

This is closer at this point than I thought it would be but when some of those wrestlers went down yesterday it looked like the year of upsets. So let’s have a good night tonight and help me sleep!

Marinelli losing might have been the gift we needed.

Reactions: fronk71
I literally just commented this on HR. It’s embarassing. Every time their guy loses they just all whine about how the other guy stalled.
That was a great match. Bull just lost. He lost. That’s it. It’s wrestling and it happens. The whining for excuses is pathetic (and not something their hero Gable ever would have done)

Thank God no posters on this board did that last night when RBY lost! :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT