ADVERTISEMENT

2019 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Nah. Shak isn't doing a damn thing again. He didn't shoot. He loses it's on him. Just unbelievable.

Bad tourney but Shak...isn’t there talk of him possibly getting another year? I hope so because to go out the way he did will bother him the rest of his life.

Rasheed had a good ride going and tries an inside cradle and Greer gets an escape. It’s the same move he failed at earlier which allowed Greer to escape after Shak took a 2-1 lead with a reversal. If he keeps the hard ride going instead of going inside cradle, he at least gets riding time and maybe rides him out for the win. Not smart wrestling which cost him 2 matches and the team valuable points. His performance is allowing OSU to hang around.

That was sarcasm and I should have indicated it. How could someone on here possibly think they know more about what is best for a wrestler? If it’s your opinion, that’s cool but it’s quite silly to post it.

Woof. This team race is a little tighter than many expected with Shak going down. Going to need to have 3 make it to the Championship to hold of tOSU.

That was sarcasm and I should have indicated it. How could someone on here possibly think they know more about what is best for a wrestler? If it’s your opinion, that’s cool but it’s quite silly to post it.

My “agreed” was sarcasm too

But yes, I do disagree with having Berge take bottom against Thorn in a tie bout with RT not yet a factor at all

To be fair, the knee injury was a clear handicap. But, it is undeniable that Shak had both matches won and made unfortunate decisions in each.

That is a 16 point deduction for Penn State from the projections based on seed. We need RBY to AA to get some of those points back.

Wow did that smell. I suspect the knee injury has been worse than we all realize and his conditioning not what it needed to be as a result, but....

He puts himself on his back way too much, has a lack of awareness of the clock this year and last. He gave up two escapes milking the cradle for too long and, just plan to sloppy and loose.

I am not as excited by a 6th year as I once was. He should have been able to coast through that match even on one leg. All the talk of Miles, no way, he would have been embarrassed in that one. I love Shak but my excitement level for Brooks trumps the value of him getting a redshirt next year while Shak comes back.

I know people hate this and we have 6 months to discuss but if Mark Hall chooses Oly RS, I think that is the first Domino. Then we shirt both Beard, Brooks, and won't be surprised at all of we do the same with Lee and or RBY. Shak getting a 6th will be a big part of this possibility, otherwise I think Brooks will prove much better out of the gate and Cael will run with him. Shak gave us all a ton of excitement in duals and he should be proud of his accomplishments despite what he delivered in March.

Last edited:
Goofers have 6 guys in the blood round tonight. Man what a roller coaster that will be for their fans emotions.

Since there is no sarcasm emoji try using this:
<insert>sarcasm</insert>

WOW! Shak bashing in full effect?!?! Dude missed matches off and on for the whole back half of the year and loses a couple tight ones when he doesn’t look like himself and people bring out the pitch forks! Big knee brace on, yeah? Tentative in positions he’s not normally tentative in...makes some mistakes probably because he’s not confident on the knee. Not making excuses, but he certainly doesn’t deserve to be drug through the mud...

To be fair, the knee injury was a clear handicap. But, it is undeniable that Shak had both matches won and made unfortunate decisions in each.

That is a 16 point deduction for Penn State from the projections based on seed. We need RBY to AA to get some of those points back.

At some point you've got to call a spade a spade. Shak just isn't a very smart wrestler. He showed it last year and again this year. He has also proven to not be very durable. That said, if he's the best man for the weight next year, I'll root for him as hard as any other PSU wrestler. It's unfortunate that he doesn't seem to be developing any sort of match awareness.

Nolf, Cenzo, Hall and Nickle should all make the finals for PSU

Jordan and Martin should make the finals for OSU.

I don’t see Pletcher beating fix.

Moore is in for a tough match with Wiegel.

Cassar has a tough match with Gable and I’d probably give a slight edge to Gable the way he is wrestling. Hopefully Cassar’s Experience prevails.

The team title should be over if Lee can beat McKeana. If McKenna wins along with Moore and Cassar loses, the race gets interesting.

Reactions: Law-Deezie
Can somebody post the match ups tonight for PSU? Thanks in advance.

-
BOUT
Semifinal
Nick Lee (Penn State) vs Joey McKenna (Ohio State)
-
BOUT
Semifinal
Jason Nolf (Penn State) vs Hayden Hidlay (NC State)
-
BOUT
Semifinal
Joshua Shields (Arizona State) vs Vincenzo Joseph (Penn State)
-
BOUT
Semifinal
Mark Hall (Penn State) vs Myles Amine (Michigan)
-
BOUT
Semifinal
Bo Nickal (Penn State) vs Patrick Brucki (Princeton)
-
BOUT
Semifinal
Gable Steveson (Minnesota) vs Anthony Cassar (Penn State)
-
BOUT
Cons. Round 4
Micky Phillippi (Pittsburgh) vs Roman Bravo-Young (Penn State)

Reactions: WPB_lion
WOW! Shak bashing in full effect?!?! Dude missed matches off and on for the whole back half of the year and loses a couple tight ones when he doesn’t look like himself and people bring out the pitch forks! Big knee brace on, yeah? Tentative in positions he’s not normally tentative in...makes some mistakes probably because he’s not confident on the knee. Not making excuses, but he certainly doesn’t deserve to be drug through the mud...

Rough crowd here geez. Bad meets happen people. It's an unfortunate time for it to happen but I guarantee you he feels worse than you do.

Anyone else surprised by the move of Joe Smith at 165 over Chandler Rodgers for Okie State. Gotta believe Rodgers makes a run to at least the quarters.

Was Rogers hurt this year or was this just a coaching decision?

Can somebody post the match ups tonight for PSU? Thanks in advance.

Semifinal Match-Ups

Sebastian Rivera (Northwestern) vs Jack Mueller (Virginia)

Nick Piccininni (Oklahoma State) vs Spencer Lee (Iowa)

Daton Fix (Oklahoma State) vs Luke Pletcher (Ohio State)

Stevan Micic (Michigan) vs Nick Suriano (Rutgers)

Yianni Diakomihalis (Cornell) vs Jaydin Eierman (Missouri)

Nick Lee (Penn State) vs Joe McKenna)

Anthony Ashnault (Rutgers) vs Matthew Kolodzik (Princeton)

Austin O'Connor (North Carolina) vs Micah Jordan (Ohio State)

Jason Nolf (Penn State) vs Hayden Hidlay (NC State)

Kaleb Young (Iowa) vs Tyler Berger (Nebraska)

Mekhi Lewis (Va Tech) vs Evan Wick (Wisconsin)

Josh Shields (Arizona State) vs Vincenzo Joseph (Penn State)

Mark Hall (Penn State) vs Myles Amine (Michigan)

Zahid Valencia (Arizona State) vs Daniel Lewis (Missouri)

Myles Martin (Ohio State) vs Max Dean (Cornell)

Drew Foster (UNI) vs Chip Ness (Drew Foster)

Bo Nickal (Penn State) vs Pat Brucki (Princeton)

Preston Weigel (Oklahoma State) vs Kollin Moore (Ohio State)

Derek White (Oklahoma State) vs Jordan Wood (Lehigh)

Anthony Cassar (Penn State) vs Gable Steveson (Minnesota)

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT