ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 1 Thread

Keener got pinned looking for big points himself. I wasn't expecting him to beat Forys and he had a shot. Probably got too overzealous though.

Reactions: Antaeus
I really thought Nick Lee would have a lot of weight on his shoulders after that opening round loss. We're still alive and kicking, but if we lose a razor-close team title, it may be because of this round, but not because of Lee. Other guys are leaving points on the mat.

184: #1 seed Bo Nickal vs. Martin Mueller (SDSU)

Per 1
Missed the beginning, but Bo with a TD for a 2-0 lead. Bo tilts him and gets 4 NF after Mueller rolls out, 6-0. Stopped for PD with 25 sec left. Mueller up quickly, but brought back down to the mat. End. RT @ 2:51 for Bo

Per 2
Mueller takes neutral. Bo with an ankle pick for a TD, 8-0. OOB with 1:17 left. Optional start for Bo, so it's 8-1. Mueller in on a low single, but Bo counters/funks it to a TD, 10-1. Bo tries to tilt him, and loses the grip -- Mueller nearly a reversal but just an esc as they go OOB. End.RT @ 3:48 for Bo

Per 3
Bo takes bottom. He's up, and then out in 11 sec, 11-2. Bo with a quick TD, 13-2. He cuts him and then gets a quick TD,15-3. 1 min left. Stall warning on Mueller. OOB with 33 sec left. Optional start, 15-4. Mueller in on a leg, Bo working to get behind and a stalemate at 13 sec. Bo shoots, sprawl,nothing.End. With 4:34 of RT, it's a 16-4 major

Dominated, but couldn't get a TF or a Pin
Hard to complain about that but Bo wanted more there

tOSu guys are winning but since 141 they havent exactly been wrestling great

edit: mJo won 14-5 didnt watch. so everyone but him since 141
Micah got ridden out in the 2nd and almost turned against a not so good kid.

Ohio State squeaking some wins out in middleweights. Will get harder to walk this line going forward.

Reactions: Dogwelder
These opponents seem well aware of PSU's fondness for the pin. They are wrestling to stay off their backs.

Positively. I'm not one for conspiracy theories or to always suggest that the refs are out to get us, but you absolutely have to call stalling at nationals when a guy backs up all day in neutral or absolutely turtles up on the bottom.

Reactions: dsites52
Rasheed's hurt not even two minutes into the first period after almost getting a takedown. He's back to his feet as Monthley and Sanderson check in

Positively. I'm not one for conspiracy theories or to always suggest that the refs are out to get us, but you absolutely have to call stalling at nationals when a guy backs up all day in neutral or absolutely turtles up on the bottom.
When they’re ringing up guys in the first almost arbitrarily, absolutely

any chance Cassar can still wrestle this weekend....i kid i kid

how do challenges work in this tournament? I swear OSU has thrown 3 or 4 bricks already.

197: #5 seed Rhakur Rasheed vs. Sawyer Root (Citadel)

Per 1
Rasheed in on a quick double, switches to a single, has the leg up and Root bouncing, and Rasheed's knee buckles and Root with the TD, 2-0. Match is stopped and the trainer is out. They waved off the TD, and they are back to neutral for the start. Rasheed with a duck to a low single for the TD, 2-0. Root sits out. Rasheed stays with him. Root spins and he's out, 2-1. Root in on a single, Rasheed steps over him, and stoppage for PD with 1:16 left. CS wants a TD, but it wasn't there. Rasheed in on a double and gets the TD, 4-1. End. RT @ 57sec for Rasheed

Per 2
CS on the mat as Rasheed's hair net comes off. Root takes bottom. He's up and out in 4 sec, 4-2. Root reaches, nothing. I'd be happier if Rasheed was less interested in tie-ups. Root with a late shot, a TD is awarded, but the refs decide to check the video to see if the TD occurred before the clock was at 0:00. Byers is certain it will be changed, but the call is upheld.

Per 3
Rasheed takes bottom. He gets the reversal, and locks up a cradle. He's close, but doesn't get the pin. 4NF makes it 10-4. OOB with 1:05 left. Root sits out. and then spins out, 10-5. RT is locked. Rasheed with a duck to a TD, 12-5. Rasheed hangs on to the lower leg, and gets hit with the stall warning. With 2:15 in RT, it's a 13-5 major

Reactions: ptomaselli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT