ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 1 Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
please use this thread to discuss PSU matches, matches of other wrestlers/teams, etc. If replying to another post, please use the Quote function.

Time:
noon EDT

TV:
ESPNU

Video Streaming:
All 8 mats will be streamed in ESPN3

Audio Streaming:
Byers' radio PBP will be streamed for free, starting at 11:40 am EDT, at:

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=573243

Mat Assignments:
Myself and others will post them as we know them. You can get them from multiple sources. TrackWrestling's Dashboard is a good source.

Team Score:
that can be followed on Track, or on the Penn State Wrestling Club web site

On a personal level, I expect to be able to provide PBP for Sessions 1, 2, 3, and 4. I'll miss Session 5. Lastly, while I'll create a Session 6 Thread, by tradition I don't provide PBP during the finals.

I believe Tim Owen is at the Q, and he should be posting his observations during the Sessions.

We Are ...

- ready to watch the Nittany Lions
- looking forward to observing PSU wrestlers get bonus points whenever possible
- wish the seniors well, as they wear the PSU singlet for the last time at NCAAs
- curious to see how active Nolf is in R1
- chuckling that Rasheed has decided to wear a hair net
- so ready to see 3 days of elite wrestling
- expect the team title race to be quite a battle
- hopeful that PSU's true freshman, Nick Lee, handles his first NCAA tourney like a veteran
- so happy Nationals are about to start

... Penn State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Tom!

Sorry if this has been posted -- are there initial pigtail matches involving PSU wrestlers?
Or does this immediately go into 1st round action?

Sorry if this has been posted -- are there initial pigtail matches involving PSU wrestlers?

No pigtails involve PSUers.

All PSU wrestlers except Corey Keener are seeded, and the pigtails don't involve seeded wrestlers.

Reactions: royboy
Mat assignments are out for the 8 mats. They start with the preliminary matches (pigtails), and then go into 125. As Kuhn did not qualify for NCAAs, it will be some time before a PSUer takes a mat.

interesting matches that are assigned after the Preliminary matches:

Mat 1 - Zeke Moisey vs.Kyle Norstrem (VT)
Mat 2 - Suriano vs. JR Wert (Rider)
Mat 3 - Darian Cruz vs. RayVon Foley (MSU)
Mat 5 - Ronnie Bresser vs. Elijah Oliver (Indy)
Mat 5 - Piccininni vs.Travis Piotrowski (Illini) are in the hole
Mat 6 - Barlow McGhee (Mizzou) vs. Ethan Lizak (Minny)
Mat 6 - Taylor LaMont (Utah Valley) vs. Brock Hudkins (Northern Illinois) are in the hole

Not seeing a multi view option on ESPN3. Am I missing it or can you only watch one match at a time unless you open multiple boxes?

Is it just me, or is anyone else struggling to find the 4 window view on espn??

Not seeing a multi view option on ESPN3. Am I missing it or can you only watch one match at a time unless you open multiple boxes?

I get a Please Stand By, which I assume is because the event has not yet started. It's possible that the 4-window view doesn't appear until the event starts

I just found on reddit that someone was told by espn support that multi-screen viewing is at the discretion of the cable provider. Thanks Comcast....

the terry throw makes the opening credits on ESPiN....TnT understand promotion like few others in the sport!

How does everyone like Keener's matchup with Forys from Pitt? Think this winnable for Keener?
i dont like it. sure its winnable, but this is the kind of match keener regularly dropped during the season.

while he didnt seem to benefit from a room bump this season....maybe he had a lot of caels secret post season sauce and comes out a winner.

Hey guys, I made it. Just in time

DYV3SM0UMAAW_Fc.jpg

I dont see how the split screen issue could be on the cable company
ESPN simply isnt providing it...I bought a new computer just for this, dammit.

Let’s get it done boys! And yes not having the split screen is giving me the red ass!

ADVERTISEMENT