ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

D2J4TLmXcAAl1RC.jpg

D2LqQUSWwAAfDDg.jpg

Watch at the end of the clip....you can see Brett Brown reaching into his jacket pocket to pull out Jimmy's max contract for him to sign.

Last edited:
Truly one of the best entertainers in all of sports right now. Embiid is the gift that keeps on giving.

1509918658_Embiidfunny.thumb.jpg.eb6b1b709f1ad4bf3317e718ecc76f40.jpg

6696F32E-FB7C-4CD5-9C8E-7247B047B872.thumb.jpeg.c0357d8b614045c772b5f12670732441.jpeg

default_sideroll.gif
default_laugh.png

Reactions: bmw199
It makes for a much better game when the Celts and Sixers express their dislike for one another. Rozier said "he was expecting confetti to drop the way everyone was acting"...lol

Just read some power rankings that had Sixers at 5 (second in the east). Standard stuff except when it had the Celtics at 10, this quote was fantastic...

Most recently, the Celtics fell to the Nuggets and Sixers—the latter result owing largely to Marcus Smart's ill-advised decision to piss off Joel Embiid.”

Yes, MJ is the greatest but don't forget that he played with Scottie Pippin, eight straight years First Team All-Defense, three years First Team All-NBA. In my mind one of the most dangerous players in the open court. He was great.

People act like Lebron drug a bunch of plucky, loveable losers to a championship. He had Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami and Irving and Love in Cleveland.

They had comparable talent for the majority of their careers. The one thing I think that distinguishes the two players is that I never saw a game where Jordan quit on his team. Lebron has packed it in on this team this whole season.

Which sophomore would most execs take to start their team...

https://es.pn/2YvIlUa

Reading that left me with one question... who views Simmons as an elite defender? He has trouble staying in front of smaller player. He isn’t strong enough to cover bigger players. I just don’t see it. The playoffs are the only time defending matters and he was exploited last year as a liability. What has changed?

Sixers up 68-58 on the Nets at the half. Good chance these two teams will meet in the 1st round of the NBA playoffs.

Didn’t want to start a whole new thread on it, but did anyone see Tim Frazier’s line last night for the Bucks? 20 points, 15 assists and 7 rebounds.

Reactions: harjeff
You could ask those questions or you could simply believe me when I tell you that I've been on this board a long time and can spot a desperate argument with my eyes shut.
Better open your eyes:
As of March 15th my desperate argument, the Sixers played in 22 5pt spreads at the 5 min mark. They are12-10 in those games, 5 of those our to teams under 500, 2 our to teams one game over 500, they had 5 real nice wins.

https://www.nba.com/sixers/schedule/

Better open your eyes:
As of March 15th my desperate argument, the Sixers played in 22 5pt spreads at the 5 min mark. They are12-10 in those games, 5 of those our to teams under 500, 2 our to teams one game over 500, they had 5 real nice wins.

I never disputed your take on the stats. I was responding to this:

Who started the thread and brought me into it...I wonder why you didn't mention the Judge, is it because he's a regular? Don't want to say anything to upset him now do you?

I'm not entirely sure the meaningfulness of the stat, but you aren't using the actual statistic in your rebuttal. The stat is 5 point game with 5 minutes (I presume or less) to play. So the final score doesn't have to be within 5 points. And unless you provide similar analysis (the records against sub .500 teams) for all, your rebuttal is worthless.

I wasn't arguing whether or not your point was valid. I was saying you were using a completely different statistic than the one presented by someone else. And you can't do that. I guess all I was really trying to say is statistics are fun -- you can usually come up with something that makes your argument for you. And both of you did that.

Reactions: LionJim
I made a statement about the Sixers having to better execute in the last two minutes, Smails copied a false fact stating the Sixers at the five minute mark 5 pts either way our winning 69.2% that is absolutely false. They are 12-10. I looked up every game from the 5 minute mark ,play by play.

I made a statement about the Sixers having to better execute in the last two minutes, Smails copied a false fact stating the Sixers at the five minute mark 5 pts either way our winning 69.2% that is absolutely false. They are 12-10. I looked up every game from the 5 minute mark ,play by play.
Okay. Good for you. Like I posted earlier, you seem to put a lot of stock towards winning arguments on message boards.

Didn’t want to start a whole new thread on it, but did anyone see Tim Frazier’s line last night for the Bucks? 20 points, 15 assists and 7 rebounds.

Not upgrading TJ Mconnell, which would have been easy to do with guys like this, will kill them in the end.

He's a scrapper, but he shouldn't be getting minutes on a good team.

Go take it up with the author who wrote the tweet. They cover and write about basketball. I'm sure you have the real info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT