ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

Go take it up with the author who wrote the tweet. They cover and write about basketball. I'm sure you have the real info.[/QUOTE
You posted it to call me out, you were wrong. I looked at every game from the 5 minute mark in play by play.
Keep up the recruiting stuff:)

Last edited:
Mike Scott is quickly turning into my favorite Sixer. If ANYONE comes at Jo Jo be ready....

Reactions: Aloha T
Ugh. Sixers had the game practically in the win column, and then got sloppy in the last minute of the game, and gave it away. Mistakes on both ends of the court, by multiple players. Not the type of game you'd like to see against a team that the Sixers might meet in the Eastern playoffs.

Final: 128-122, Bucks

Reactions: jmorovich
I was ok with them stumbling around the last couple of games to rest players but you see what happens when players don’t play together and others are coming back from rest.

It’s going to be interesting come playoff time to see if this talent can just get thrown into the fire. Tobias can disappear at times. Still trying to figure out if rest or momentum is best for a team with so little experience together headed into the playoffs

Ugh. Sixers had the game practically in the win column, and then got sloppy in the last minute of the game, and gave it away. Mistakes on both ends of the court, by multiple players. Not the type of game you'd like to see against a team that the Sixers might meet in the Eastern playoffs.

Final: 128-122, Bucks
Yeah, Bucks will be a tough out, to say the least.

In addition to their potent offense, they seem able to make key defensive stops in crucial late game situations. A winning formula.

Reactions: mrtailgate
I was ok with them stumbling around the last couple of games to rest players but you see what happens when players don’t play together and others are coming back from rest.

It’s going to be interesting come playoff time to see if this talent can just get thrown into the fire. Tobias can disappear at times. Still trying to figure out if rest or momentum is best for a team with so little experience together headed into the playoffs

For a team like the Sixers... I’d take momentum. For the warriors .... rest

I’m beginning to think this squad is a lot more exciting on paper than on the court. I know Butler didn’t play tonight. That hurt, but they aren’t an inspiring bunch. I don’t think Brown is long for this organization. It just doesn’t seem like a fit.

Anyone else starting to worry about the Sixers in the Playoffs? I know we've been resting players but what I've been watching the last several games isn't a playoff team. Let's hope the sloppy play goes bye bye but we can't even beat the shittier teams of the league right now. Brett's career in Philly might be determined how far this team goes.

Embiid could possibly miss game 1??

https://es.pn/2UKuASS

BCFF0-A05-D61-D-40-B7-8-FBA-8-D20-FEE84710.gif

Playoffs start Saturday...Sixers tip at 2:30 vs the Nets (worst matchup from 5-8 they could have gotten in my opinion). What’s your prediction for this round?

Embiid healthy I think this is Sixers in 5. Embiid not healthy and out of shape...Sixers in a really ugly tight 6.

Not gonna lie...this matchup scares me. God I hope I’m wrong.

Seen a bunch of predictions that have the Sixers in 7. While that would suck...I almost wonder if it would help this team going into the next round vs the Raptors to get tested and pushed. Not to mention get some actual playing time together!!

Playoffs start Saturday...Sixers tip at 2:30 vs the Nets (worst matchup from 5-8 they could have gotten in my opinion). What’s your prediction for this round?

Embiid healthy I think this is Sixers in 5. Embiid not healthy and out of shape...Sixers in a really ugly tight 6.

I agree with this. Embiid is the X factor with this team, as he goes so does the rest of the team. I still think the Sixers win withouth Embiid in Game 1 and the Nets take a game at home.

The Nets are a good young team, but the Sixers in the playoffs (I hope) should mesh well. It should be a fun series.

Embiid is always going to be in and out of the lineup. He won't have a super long career, and they are average at best without him. They'd almost be better off playing him 20 games a year just to get in the playoffs and take their chances no matter who they play. I'm not sure what to think about this team this year and moving forward. It's not going to shock me one bit if they are knocked out round 1 and then Butler and Harris both walk.

So.....that was fun!

Let me see...

JJ has more fouls than points
Ben Simmons continues to look confused/scared in the playoffs
Tobias...I thought they got him to spread the floor and make shots...I saw neither today
Sixers never adjusted to Brooklyn’s driving offense and looked ill prepared (Looking at you Brett Brown)

Most telling point...Sixers broadcast Allah said “They aren’t even running a complicated offense, they are just spreading them out and driving”. Is that on the staff or the players?

What a total $hit show for game 1.

Horrible game except from Jimmy and Embiid. What a waste of talent if we go out in the first series. This could be a Brett Brown good bye if we go out quick. Team hasn't played well in weeks and it continues.

IMO That loss is on Brown....All they had ot do was get Embiid in the post EVERY time down the court and they couldn't stop it, but instead they kept throwing it to him at the 3 pt line and chucking up bad shots.

Look at Boston, Stevens finds a mismatch and abused it the whole game. Brown lost and confused

IMO That loss is on Brown....All they had ot do was get Embiid in the post EVERY time down the court and they couldn't stop it, but instead they kept throwing it to him at the 3 pt line and chucking up bad shots.

Look at Boston, Stevens finds a mismatch and abused it the whole game. Brown lost and confused

Was at the game. I fear This team will never win deep into the playoffs with this current version of Simmons. It’s like playing 5 vs 4.5 on offense. And it allows them to basically double team Joel. Ben needs to at least attempt some shots. Keep them somewhat honest on defense.

Last edited:
Horrible game except from Jimmy and Embiid. What a waste of talent if we go out in the first series. This could be a Brett Brown good bye if we go out quick. Team hasn't played well in weeks and it continues.

The idea to rest them and only play this team 10 times together was epically stupid. Whole team was gassed by the 3rd quarter. You could see it in the body language. I was in the first row and it was clear as day

I havent felt good about this team all year. I think they jumped the process with those trades. I don't think they will ever get there. This is a guard driven league, and theirs stink. Brown could be gone.

I havent felt good about this team all year. I think they jumped the process with those trades. I don't think they will ever get there. This is a guard driven league, and theirs stink. Brown could be gone.
I was just saying the same thing to my old man yesterday. They had a plan that required patience. They got antsy, canned Hinkie and then really blew the plan by trying to expedite things. Now they have a roster of mis-matched starters and zero depth or assets. Without a Lebron James type, I can’t see them winning a title as currently constructed.

I was just saying the same thing to my old man yesterday. They had a plan that required patience. They got antsy, canned Hinkie and then really blew the plan by trying to expedite things. Now they have a roster of mis-matched starters and zero depth or assets. Without a Lebron James type, I can’t see them winning a title as currently constructed.

Bringing in Butler was a terrible idea. They should have just been patient. I get Butler can look great at times, but once a guy shows he will quit on a team there is no way you can take a chance on him. Pairing that with the fact that he needs the ball a lot to be effective should have kept the team from trading for him. If Hinkey were still there I am convinced they would not have pulled the trigger on that one. Throwing away all their depth in order to get him makes the trade look even worse.

I didn't watch Game 1 (was at the B-W game), but read a good deal about it.

It appears as though the Sixers addressed most of the issues they had in Game 1 against the Nets. The Sixers did well in the 1st half, and are absolutely blowing out the Nets in the 3rd quarter.

I didn't watch Game 1 (was at the B-W game), but read a good deal about it.

It appears as though the Sixers addressed most of the issues they had in Game 1 against the Nets. The Sixers did well in the 1st half, and are absolutely blowing out the Nets in the 3rd quarter.

Embiid is on the floor. That’s the difference. All the other stuff is just noise. The Nets have to double him. The Sixers can spread the floor with him which creates passing and driving lanes.

Bringing in Butler was a terrible idea. They should have just been patient. I get Butler can look great at times, but once a guy shows he will quit on a team there is no way you can take a chance on him. Pairing that with the fact that he needs the ball a lot to be effective should have kept the team from trading for him. If Hinkey were still there I am convinced they would not have pulled the trigger on that one. Throwing away all their depth in order to get him makes the trade look even worse.

Wow, I couldn't disagree more.

The Sixers gave up Jerryd Bayless, Robert Covington, Dario Saric, and a 2022 2nd round draft pick for Jimmy Butler and Justin Patton. Bayless was a stiff that the Sixers were happy to get off their books. Saric was a decent backup, but his defense was very poor, and he didn't have the strength or conditioning to contribute much beyond 3-pointers in a half-court set, and as the Celtics showed last year in the playoffs, you could wear him out if you forced him to play D, and the result was that he couldn't hit his 3-pointers. Covington was a decent defender, and inconsistent on O.

Butler is a better player than was the combo of Dario and Covington. In addition, he's a great compliment to Simmons, in that he's an excellent defender (unlike Simmons), and he doesn't need the ball in his hands to create his offense. Plus, for all the talk about Butler quitting on the T-Wolves, Jimmy has been happy to not demand the ball as a Sixer, while still being one of their key scoring threats in the 4th quarter.

The Butler trade did hurt the Sixers a bit in terms of depth, but the trade deadline moves the Sixers made addressed that issue.

Because Simmons is a non-factor as an outsider shooter, opposing teams often leave him unguarded in the half-court set. A perfect compliment would be a player that plays D, and also lights it up from beyond the arc. I'm sure the Sixers would have loved to have gotten someone like Caris LeVert, D.J. Augustin, Damian Lillard, etc. but their respective teams didn't seem to have any interest in giving up players like that. Butler was the best guard available, and while the Sixers paid a lot for him, they really didn't give up anyone that they miss.

Reactions: PSU_Chicago
WOW - Up by 1pt at the half, win the 3rd quarter by 28!

Not sure what was said in the two locker rooms at half.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT