ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

Looks like the 3-4-5 slot is where the fun is gonna happen. Gonna be interesting with this closing stretch. That Bulls loss hurts considering the Pacers lost and the Sixers are playing Houston on the road without Joel. Could have given them some cushion. Really makes that Pacers game on Sunday HUGE.

The injury issues at Center are a problem. The 3-4-5 slotting is going to be huge in the postseason. The Sixers don't have a lot of cushion for losses, which made the outcome/ending of the Bulls game so frustrating. Here's hoping that JoJo is able to go on Sunday.

The injury issues at Center are a problem. The 3-4-5 slotting is going to be huge in the postseason. The Sixers don't have a lot of cushion for losses, which made the outcome/ending of the Bulls game so frustrating. Here's hoping that JoJo is able to go on Sunday.

If he’s not able to go against the Pacers at home that might be when I hit the panic button with his injury. I’m trying to still convince myself that they are looking at the schedule and resting him for this small road trip and just want him fresh for the big game against the Pacers and make a solid run for the 3 seed.

I almost wonder if they were hoping for another 16 game win streak without him like last year.

Simmons is questionable for tonight. Has "gastro" issues.

C6644-C4-B-5830-4354-8-F95-585493826029.gif

Reactions: Obliviax
Well Brett brown must have found some missing mojo because they just wiped the floor with the pacers in the second half. Nice win. Grabbed the tiebreaker against the pacers.

At this point, sixers and Celtics are just playing for positioning between 3-4. Getting either the bucks or raptors in the second round seems equally undesirable.

Getting practice for the starting five the rest of the way and learning how to close out games in the last two minutes should be the priority.

Well Brett brown must have found some missing mojo because they just wiped the floor with the pacers in the second half. Nice win. Grabbed the tiebreaker against the pacers.

At this point, sixers and Celtics are just playing for positioning between 3-4. Getting either the bucks or raptors in the second round seems equally undesirable.

Getting practice for the starting five the rest of the way and learning how to close out games in the last two minutes should be the priority.

0-C41-F00-E-5-EDD-490-E-845-D-6124-FA6960-B9.gif

Reactions: bmw199
I’m calling it now. It might not be this year, but it will happen. The sixers will win a ring. Embiid is incredible. It’s like getting shaq and being able to keep him for his career.

There’s going to be a day that embiid is unstoppable.

I’m calling it now. It might not be this year, but it will happen. The sixers will win a ring. Embiid is incredible. It’s like getting shaq and being able to keep him for his career.

There’s going to be a day that embiid is unstoppable.

They need better guard play for that to happen, but it is possible. Hopefully Embiid stays healthy. They should play him about 30 minutes a night and be done with it.

I really love the play of Tobias Harris. He is must sign. I'm still not sold on bringing Jimmy back. We definitely need another marquee player and I'm hoping there's someone else Brand identifies to bring in this Summer during free agency. Anyone else have thoughts on Jimmy Butler being signed ?

I really love the play of Tobias Harris. He is must sign. I'm still not sold on bringing Jimmy back. We definitely need another marquee player and I'm hoping there's someone else Brand identifies to bring in this Summer during free agency. Anyone else have thoughts on Jimmy Butler being signed ?

Agree on Tobias.

Butler had a reputation for being a malcontent. That concerned me, in that Simmons wants the ball in his hands, but doesn't shoot jumpers and is so-so in defense, and JoJo is somewhat of a free spirit, and often messes up offensive sets. I no longer have any concerns. Butler is the best defending guard the Sixers have. Plus, he's got good offense, but doesn't seem to pout if he isn't the featured shooter.

I agree 100%...Now if Butler can accept the role he's in on the team and not cause problems then they should definitely bring him back, but if he wants to be the focal point on a team then he needs to find another home. But, like Tom said, Butler is the best defensive guard on the team and can be clutch in crunch time, but that is his role on this team and not to be the prolific team leader/scorer.

Harris is an absolute STUD and fits on this team VERY well.

When Butler’s mind is in the right place, he’s very good offensively and defensively. Unfortunately he has more and more of a focus on himself than on his team. Hope this works out for Philly.

When Butler’s mind is in the right place, he’s very good offensively and defensively. Unfortunately he has more and more of a focus on himself than on his team. Hope this works out for Philly.
Agreed. Since Jordan, teams have won with a clear leader and a bunch of other players who play a role. Perhaps the only exception being the Miami Heat who had both Wade and James (although I would argue that was Wade's team). The Sixers have all the talent needed in today's NBA but the regular season is no measure of post season when it comes to the elite teams of the NBA. And, late in long series, defense dictates those games when the legs are tired, both teams know eachother and it becomes about will. I recall, when I used to go to most of the Cavs home games when Mark Price and Daugherty were the stars, the Bulls would tell the Cavs players what play was being called and where to line up. They knew the plays better than the bench players.

Regardless, the 76eers are fun to watch. This may not be their year, but if they stay healthy, soon.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Boban is back tonight. Looks like they are getting closer to healthy.

Jimmy is sitting for rest tonight.

All I want tonight is an easy win with starters resting in the 4th and all players stay healthy.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
Boban is back tonight. Looks like they are getting closer to healthy.

Jimmy is sitting for rest tonight.

All I want tonight is an easy win with starters resting in the 4th and all players stay healthy.

Read Butler has something going on with his foot. Hopefully not too serious.

Seen this while watching the Pacers game. In addition to this, the pacers have a very difficult schedule coming up. Hopefully this all lines up for the 3 spot for the sixers along with rest for some starters.

That being said, as much as I want these guys to rest, I really want them to get as much PT together so they can get on the same page before playoff time.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
JJ Redick seems to be struggling of late with his shooting. He lit it up last week for 26 against Orlando but has looked some what off on his shooting in these last couple of games. I hope he gets his shot back. Maybe fatigue is playing a part in this. First half against Cleveland he has struggled.

Really didn’t think the game was going to be this close.

Amazing what 19 turnovers vs 3 for the Cavs can do to equalize a game.

Their inability to control their turnovers is unbelievably frustrating.

How in the world is that NOT a foul on embid? Awful call. Then they call it on the Csv.

Your kidding right? Embid was crashing down on him, it was self defense since he had the ball

I was...because I thought you were! Had no clue you were serious. Forgot you are a Cav’s homer.

But no...that wasn’t a foul. Maybe if he goes to the rim but not fading away from the rim. There was contact to his lower body but not enough to call that.

Sixers almost had a great night without even stepping on the court...but...the Thunder choked it away against the Pacers and the wheels feel off for the Kings vs the Celtics.

Hopefully the Kings come in tired tomorrow night.

Huge win today! 4 in a row. Was at the game Friday night against Kings. They put on a Good show down at the arena

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT