ADVERTISEMENT

2018-19 Sixers Thread

Loved this win! Bucks did a good job stopping Ben from scoring but failed against Embiid. JJ came up big for us along with Jimmy. The Bucks are for real and have a nice team. The playoffs should be interesting. Hoping we stay healthy.

The Bucks are for real and have a nice team. The playoffs should be interesting.

that certainly was more enjoyable than the average regular season NBA game. It was quite clear that both teams were really trying to prove something to each other, and also show what they can do in the playoffs. The Sixers lead for most of the game, which is encouraging for Sixers' fans. That said, in the last 2 minutes the Bucks took a game that looked to be a comfortable win for the Sixers, and nearly came away with the win.

I was pleased with the contribution that the Sixers got from their bench, with the exception of the Boban's play.

Reactions: Delco Lion
Nope, I saw Jimmy Butler come up huge. I saw no situation sets. I saw Simmons try to throw a cross court pass that grade school kids don't do.
Come down from your high horse, All I'm saying is they need to do a better job the last 2 minutes, I know they have not been together and without Embiid...even with him, I saw no situation sets in the last 2 years. If they don't come up with some, they won't win, and Embiid out at 3 is not it.

Huh! Sixers BEST IN THE NBA at winning close games. Almost like you didn’t know what you were talking about.

Hahahahaha...just looked at their schedule. Close games within 5 12 wins, 7 to teams below 50% Charlotte x3, New Orleans x2. they also have 12 Loses within 5.
I guess you were happy with that execution yesterday(very nice win)spread the floor and let Jimmy go one on one.

Hahahahaha...just looked at their schedule. Close games within 5 12 wins, 7 to teams below 50% Charlotte x3, New Orleans x2. they also have 12 Loses within 5.
I guess you were happy with that execution yesterday(very nice win)spread the floor and let Jimmy go one on one.

Did they win? That is all I care about not about how pretty their execution was ... bottom line is they won. Compared to execution and missed shot I will take the W.

Look at the stat again. They are the best in the NBA at winning close games. Uninformed negativity from fair weather fans.

What a game! I didnt get to see it. Great highlights. Jimmy Butler was clutch. This is what he needs to do for the Sixers to go far in the playoffs. A take charge, aggressive, confident, and even a little more selfish Butler can propel the Sixers to the Eastern finals.

I'm not entirely sure the meaningfulness of the stat, but you aren't using the actual statistic in your rebuttal. The stat is 5 point game with 5 minutes (I presume or less) to play. So the final score doesn't have to be within 5 points. And unless you provide similar analysis (the records against sub .500 teams) for all, your rebuttal is worthless.

Reactions: Judge Smails
And neither does his,(link to stats, your presumption is worthless) I said the last 2 minutes they need to execute better, pretty dam simple to understand.
My facts stand.

Who started the thread and brought me into it...I wonder why you didn't mention the Judge, is it because he's a regular? Don't want to say anything to upset him now do you?

Who started the thread and brought me into it...I wonder why you didn't mention the Judge, is it because he's a regular? Don't want to say anything to upset him now do you?
You could ask those questions or you could simply believe me when I tell you that I've been on this board a long time and can spot a desperate argument with my eyes shut.

Big win considering they came off a huge win vs the bucks and have a big game vs the Celtics tomorrow night. No Joel and NOTHING from the bench.

This time of the season all you need are wins.

Can’t wait for a fresh Jo Jo vs the Celtics tomorrow tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judge Smails
What happened with Bobsn tonight? I see he had only 11minutes and didn’t start the game. He’s been pretty productive and we missed him underneath.

What happened with Bobsn tonight? I see he had only 11minutes and didn’t start the game. He’s been pretty productive and we missed him underneath.

Philly.com

"Brown said the Sixers started Johnson over Boban Marjanovic in place of Embiid to keep symmetry with the rotation. Marjanovic, T.J. McConnell and Mike Scott are the first three players off the bench and come in together at the first substitution.

“Try to keep people in for the same type of lane with Jo, without Jo, and the pairings to me matter in that regard,” Brown said. “I decided to go with Amir for that reason and more.”

However, Johnson played only 4 minutes, 6 seconds of action in the second half -- all in the third quarter. Marjanovic didn’t see any action after intermission.

“It was just about mobility,” Brown said his decision play Jonah Bolden instead of the other centers. “Amir got hit in the head, and we decided to come in and go a little bit smaller. I thought we actually matched up a little bit better, but we was more for that reason than anything."

Embiid with 37 points and 22 rebounds. Plus a huge block near the end. And he’s still getting better? Wow.

Embiid with 37 points and 22 rebounds. Plus a huge block near the end. And he’s still getting better? Wow.
That block on Irving was ridiculous! He was beaten off the dribble by a step or so and Irving tried cutting into his path to draw a foul and Embiid did some fancy footwork to not only avoid contact but somehow get back around Irving to block the shot! The Buckets comes down and has the ball knocked away only to recover and hit an of balance shot from the corner! AWESOME!

going to be fun to watch in the playoffs. Butler looks to be getting more aggressive over the last couple of games. Hopefully they are figuring things out about how to play as a group.

Reactions: wlawn and bwifan
That block on Irving was ridiculous! He was beaten off the dribble by a step or so and Irving tried cutting into his path to draw a foul and Embiid did some fancy footwork to not only avoid contact but somehow get back around Irving to block the shot! The Buckets comes down and has the ball knocked away only to recover and hit an of balance shot from the corner! AWESOME!

going to be fun to watch in the playoffs. Butler looks to be getting more aggressive over the last couple of games. Hopefully they are figuring things out about how to play as a group.

Brown recently told Butler to be more aggressive and take more shots. Sixers need that as well as setting Harris up with the ball.

Reactions: wlawn and bmw199
Would love to see Harris and Butler coming off pick and rolls on the wing around 12'-18' heading into the middle with Embiid going baseline.

Reactions: jmorovich
ADVERTISEMENT