ADVERTISEMENT

125 next year

Willie also mentioned on the show that Robbie is planning right now to sit next year but he said there is a chance he might get an itching to go next spring. I say don't rush it, let's get him 100% especially since he has history with shoulder injuries now.

He'd be at 0 matches going into January and have no warm up matches through open tournaments and the Scuffle (and we saw how much that affects young wrestlers this year) Gary can literally get close to 20 matches in the Fall between a few opens, the Keystone Classic and some early season duals (this is all assuming a normal year)

Wait.....how does ....Jersey Nick's vision quest impact this????

Gary Steen is ranked ninth at 120lbs by FLO. This is after Figueroa and Poulin moved up to 126lbs. I love hearing that he is a hard worker and very coachable and a great kid. But if he gets through the BIG 10 schedule with a .500 record we should all be giving him a standing ovation. If he scores a few points at BIG 10s and qualifies......a standing ovation and a plaque.

Flo also had Aaron Brooks ranked 6th to begin the season, so buyer beware.

So many things got blown out of proportion here. Mostly due to me being "WildTurk from HR". And that's ok. I get it.

I will take a break from here until we have some USA Freestyle action and next year's college season. Have a good summer everyone. Tear it up and have some FUN like me! :p

I can't believe I am even saying this but I took your whole post as a caricature troll job and didn't think it was serious. Maybe it was and I just don't take you serious.

However, like Willie said, whenever people on this board say Willie recruits for PSU it's just a way for us to laugh at HR because the nutcases there actually believes he does recruit for PSU along with every other crazy conspiracy theory they whine and cry about regarding PSU and Cael. Since you're an Iowa fan it's hard to tell what ridiculous conspiracy theories you believe because the Iowa fanbase believes so many it's hard to tell. I just assume every Iowa fan form HR is a deluded simpleton that believes the nonsense. Maybe you're different, I can't tell though.

If you hate Penn State, I would not recommend listening to First Word today ... very heavy PSU vibes!

@smalls103 basically said it's okay to hate Penn State, just admit you hate them because they're winning. Don't make up stuff about recruiting over or some slush fund or whatever.

This is actually why I love The Inside Trip podcast. The two guys are tOSU homers and admit to hating PSU but always make it clear they hate PSU because the program has been so dominant. It's OK to hate PSU wrestling because you're tired of PSU winning. I have hated plenty of teams because they were too good before. It's fun as hell for us PSU fans but I imagine it drives every other fan of other programs crazy.

I just assume every Iowa fan form HR is a deluded simpleton that believes the nonsense.

48a63fcabb049d49aa5d9f6fae6e49f7.gif

This is actually why I love The Inside Trip podcast. The two guys are tOSU homers and admit to hating PSU but always make it clear they hate PSU because the program has been so dominant. It's OK to hate PSU wrestling because you're tired of PSU winning. I have hated plenty of teams because they were too good before. It's fun as hell for us PSU fans but I imagine it drives every other fan of other programs crazy.
I saw Cenzo was a guess on there once so I listened and I came away really really impressed with the hosts. Their mentality is something I always applaud. It takes a lot to admit your hatred is out of envy and I expect most fans won't go that path.

Listen, when you've done what Cael has, people are going to hate us and people are going to accuse us of cheating or having an unfair advantage without evidence. They're going to take every possible angle to discredit what Cael and Penn State has done and do all they can to not give us credit. Truthfully, that's fine, we don't need validation from other fans.

Why else would anybody hate PSU??? Who was pretending otherwise? lol Same reason people hate Iowa, Alabama in football, etc...

@smalls103 basically said ... just admit you hate [Penn State] because they're winning ...
Mean tweets about Tom Brady:

“I hate Tom Brady so much, but I have no legit reason to. He’s a nice guy, BUT I hope they break his legs”

"F**k you Tom Brady. I hope this loss depresses you so bad that you can hardly have sex with your supermodel wife in your giant mansion"

:)

Why else would anybody hate PSU??? Who was pretending otherwise? lol Same reason people hate Iowa, Alabama in football, etc...
The reasons for hating Iowa wrestling are a lot closer to the reasons for hating Notre Dame or USC football than Alabama football.

Reactions: Creek Side
The reasons for hating Iowa wrestling are a lot closer to the reasons for hating Notre Dame or USC football than Alabama football.
Care to explain? I'm not as in touch with college football history.

Care to explain? I'm not as in touch with college football history.

It was a playful jab at the differences in recent dominance between Iowa wrestling and Alabama football.

I think you could also argue that Iowa wrestling is similar to Notre Dame football in that most of the dislike is related to the fanbase, not the actual athletes or coaches.

Pretty bold move to compare Iowa to Alabama in football. You guys were definitely good last year though.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Not that Turk needs defending but I think people are being a little intellectually dishonest. Everyone knows that he was talking about Suriano, Teske, and Teasdale leaving Penn State, and has led to various list of starters at 125 that were not "recruited" guys.

love these new labels ps is going to. they'll always be fr,soph,jr,sr to me. too old to change now. just like college fb is d-1,d-ll,d-lll. i don't do alphabet fb classes.
but FBS and FCS are just the classifications within Division 1 that used to be Division 1-A and Division 1-AA. or have you taken issue with the A vs AA split since 1978?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT