ADVERTISEMENT

Zahid Valencia

It said indefinitely not that he was removed from the team roster completely meaning there are options.
It could mean that there are presently options on the table. It could also be a way to get in front of this, buy some time to see how the NCAA feels and possibly lobby for the best option(s) for Zahid and/or ASU. The "best option(s)" may not be mutually exclusive depending on the findings of the test.

The ASU article simply said “indefinitely”. I’ll believe Zahid is done for good when I see it. Clearly there’s more to the story than what we’re getting on Twitter and the few short articles. For starters, I cannot see a public university like ASU (or the NCAA) using the results of a foreign administered drug test from an unaffiliated body as the basis for a suspension. That can’t be true, can it?? There’s got to be more to this.
why not? ... athletes can be suspended or dismissed for less

I'm not sympathetic to most (if any) conspiracy theories, but I'm wondering if the claims now against two wrestlers might give rise to concerns or claims that top US guys were/are being targeted . . . perhaps as payback for all the claims against Russians.

I've seen no evidence for this of course and I'm not advancing the idea, but I'm curious if that narrative could emerge, especially if ZV and DF deny the charges. Is the only major failed drug test in recent memory against a top US international wrestler the one involving Jordan Oliver?

Last one I remember before that was Joe Warren, but that was a long time ago and was weed. Probably some I'm forgetting though...

I could be wrong, but my recollection is that International events in wrestling don't test guys who don't medal, and I see Willie Saylor just posted something to this effect as well. If so, then why would they test Fix. Wondering if some of these claims or stories are incomplete, suspicious or at least questionable?

Michigan football for sex stuff
Asu for drugs
Ok state for PEDs

All this week....

tHR loons better just relax with their BS, their time in the barrel gets closer every day.

Heck of way to get 4 pts but if it's part of the plan I'm here for it.

Don't forget Boogers...….you know he can't stop

I have not seen anything yet to confirm the story about Fix is true. Just Mineo tweet, which can be questionable.. Did miss something? I think something from Flo, OK State or Wilie is more reliable. Let"s see what happens....

Last edited:
For what its worth...Mineo also tweeted this is Zahid's 3rd failed drug test. 2 at ASU and the last one in Italy. May explain severity of indefinite suspension.

Took a quick screenshot of this when it was first posted Feb. 3rd on a hunch I may not be able to find it again in the near future. Sure enough when I looked for it after the tOSU dual it was like it never even existed. EDIT: Of course that watermark would hit a bullseye. I don't know how to remove that but if you can't see it the post says, "As expected, Berge officially out for year. Career could be over." Again the post was from Feb. 3.
Screenshot_20200203-154150_Facebook_zpslujmu3ke.jpg

Last edited:
No, that's him. Since we have a real newspaper quoting Zeke I'm fairly certain the Zahid news is accurate, even if they also quote Mineo, but I'll wait and see with respect to Fix.

Mineo clearly has sources but he has no journalistic principles so he's often first out of the gate with news while others who found out at the same time are still attempting to corroborate it. And sometimes that gamble doesn't work out for him. Sometimes it does.
But Saylor does have credibility and he says zahid is done.

In reality I don't think it means much of anything in the team race when you realize Iowa will most likely have all ten of their guys in the quarter finals. As someone else said they need multiple guys to totally crap the bed in order for anyone else to be close. It could mean a title though for our guy and that means a ton

He’s really butthurt about Mineo breaking the news though. Going around calling him Fat Mineo (look who’s talking?)...pretty sad that that’s what “credibility” looks like
Not saying I would go that way (I probably would) but Mineo definitely started that beef. Also, it is super easy to "break news" when you don't feel the need to verify a damn thing. I heard through the grapevine that Zahid was done early this morning but for a completely different (and much worse) reason. Glad I kept it to myself.

Not saying I would go that way (I probably would) but Mineo definitely started that beef. Also, it is super easy to "break news" when you don't feel the need to verify a damn thing. I heard through the grapevine that Zahid was done early this morning but for a completely different (and much worse) reason. Glad I kept it to myself.
We’re all girls here. We can keep secrets. lets here it

In reality I don't think it means much of anything in the team race when you realize Iowa will most likely have all ten of their guys in the quarter finals. As someone else said they need multiple guys to totally crap the bed in order for anyone else to be close. It could mean a title though for our guy and that means a ton
If Brooks takes the mat in the finals wrestling for PSU’s 4th or 5th title of the weekend, they can trot out as many quarter finalists as they want.

If Brooks takes the mat in the finals wrestling for PSU’s 4th or 5th title of the weekend, they can trot out as many quarter finalists as they want.
Since it’s all about if this or if that how about if Lee and Lugo are champs and Marinelli and Kemerer are also finalists and Desanto, Young, Warner, and Cassioppi have already finished top 3 then it won’t matter about your 4 or 5 titles. Iowa will win cause your 0 points at 125 and 157 and most likely less than 5 points at 149 and 197 and maybe even HWY wont be near enough to beat 10 scorers with 8 high AA

How many times have we heard Cael talk about his athletes living life the right way, working out, sleep, food, classroom, etc. It was Cassar last year, Nick Lee this year. The results are there.

If all this is factual then Zahid was a fool to piss it all away. I actually feel bad for his brother Anthony.

If Lee and Lugo are champs and Marinelli and Kemerer are also finalists and Desanto, Young, Warner, and Cassioppi have already finished top 3 then it won’t matter about your 4 or 5 titles. Iowa will win cause your 0 points at 125 and 157 and most likely less than 5 points at 149 and 197 and maybe even HWY wont be near enough to beat 10 scorers with 8 high AA
Sheesh your predictions are further fetched than psu’s best case scenario. Good luck with Lugo winning it all.

If Lee and Lugo are champs and Marinelli and Kemerer are also finalists and Desanto, Young, Warner, and Cassioppi have already finished top 3 then it won’t matter about your 4 or 5 titles. Iowa will win cause your 0 points at 125 and 157 and most likely less than 5 points at 149 and 197 and maybe even HWY wont be near enough to beat 10 scorers with 8 high AA

JM, you're probably just happy because we have something else to talk about instead of the non-stop chatter about Desanto tapping out against RBY.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT