125 kg

1. Nick Gwiazdowski
2. Mason Parris
3. Wyatt Hendrickson
4. Dominique Bradley
5. Ty Walz
6. Demertius Thomas
7. Anthony Cassioppi
61 and 92 seem very hard to call. Aden Valencia is in my sons weight class and lives an hour from us. Watch the kid wrestle weekend after weekend. What a hammer 😓

uK1R8MYGKIbs.jpg

Page 12-1

Reactions: goldenanimal
Yelena's throw was gnarly. 76KG for the women is a crazy weight in the US. I gotta follow it closer.

Morgan vs Zahid up on 1

• 2:10 Morgan working Z's head a lot--but Zahid gets his short offense going on a go-behind. 2-0
  • 1:17 Morgan warned for passivity in spite of a lot of action. Lots of heavy snaps from MM
  • 0:07 Z hits a crazy duck right into a low double for 2. After 1, 4-0.
  • 2:30 Zahid attacks low, Morgan almost counters via a slide by type action, but can't quite seal the deal.
  • 1:54 MM in on a low single and finishes, can't turn. 4-2
  • 1:14 patented sweep single from Zahid. 6-2
  • That's how it ends--Morgan looked really good. Zahid just too quick in a couple of his attacks, though Morgan matched his speed/athleticism a few times too.

Last edited:
Parris 10-0 over Cass in 1st

TD and Gut
Fireman’s for 4
TD defending a Cass throw in which Cass got pretty far out of good position.

Fix over Gross 8-2.

Fix vs Garrett will be the 1st place bout.

Kollin Moore defeats Jonathan Aiello 6-2. Awaits winner of Zahid Valencia vs Tanner Sloan.

Zahid with the first period tech of Sloan (12-1). Faces Moore in the 1st place bout.

Gwiz with a first period tech of Dom Bradley (11-0). Awaits winner of Parris vs Hendrickson.

Parris over Hendrickson 12-11. Was up 6-0 before Hendrickson scored 10 unanswered points. Looks like it was a back and forth battle. Faces Gwiz in the finals.

*Nate Jackson defeats Morgan McIntosh 6-3 in the consis. ☹ MM goes 0-2 for the tourney.

Last edited:
DeSanto didn't know the rules and got put down twice and Nashon turned him both times. Crazy

Edit: actually I think first one was fleeing.

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat
Nashon has to be the biggest boom/bust guy in a long time. When he is on he can beat anyone in the world but you just never know what version is going to show up. Going in I felt like Desanto was going to win but he still has quite a few freestyle deficiencies especially his par terre defense. I don’t love Fix but I do hope he wins because I really want to see a Fix/Vito best of 3 in free.

Kollin Moore vs Zahid should be interesting. I don’t dislike many guys who represent the US but Zahid just rubs me the wrong way. I’m really hoping Moore beats him handily but I don’t have a ton of confidence in that. As much as I dislike Zahid I have to say he is damn good.

Parris vs Hendrickson was awesome. Wyatt has a mean gut and Parris was hurting after getting his ribs crushed. If that sequence was in the center of the mat Wyatt would have teched him. As good as Parris is he doesn’t have a chance against Gable. I’m super excited to see Gable vs Zare, Geno, and Akgul. Those 4 might be the best foursome at any weight

76kg on the women’s side is living up to the hype. So much talent. Adeline looks to be getting her groove back beating Kylie Welker in a dominating fashion. Last years world team member Dymond Guilford looked good beating Makoyed in the other semi. Adeline vs Guilford should be a great final. Guilford was beating Adeline soundly at the open before getting cautioned out in the last minute. The winner gets the phenom Kennedy Blades at Final X

With the 1st TD for Garrett, Austin got a caution for fleeing the mat. I don’t think the camera angle was good enough to say whether that was the right or wrong call. But the caution meant they go to par terre, which they did with 2:35 on the clock, and with the score 3-0 in favor of Garrett.

They blew the whistle and Austin immediately grabbed Garrett’s leg with it gripped for the sole purpose of preventing Garrett from scoring, That’s called negative wrestling and he was properly warned for it.

Next Austin did the same thing with Garrett’s arm and again got a warning for negative wrestling.

The first scored gut wrench finished with 2:20 on the clock, just 15 secs after they went in par terre and after two warnings for negative wrestling on Austin.

Austin then grabbed Garret’s arm again and again got called for negative wrestling. At that point, the ref called a caution on Austin as he had already given Austin two warnings. That was with 2:12 to go. The caution meant a restart in par terre.

On the restart, Garrett immediately went to another gut wrench, which he used to score in just 10 secs. He then got another turn that he finished just 15 secs later and the match ended.

Iowa fans claiming the ref called the match wrong are nuts. Sometimes your guy just loses.

With the 1st TD for Garrett, Austin got a caution for fleeing the mat. I don’t think the camera angle was good enough to say whether that was the right or wrong call. But the caution meant they go to par terre, which they did with 2:35 on the clock, and with the score 3-0 in favor of Garrett.

They blew the whistle and Austin immediately grabbed Garrett’s leg with it gripped for the sole purpose of preventing Garrett from scoring, That’s called negative wrestling and he was properly warned for it.

Next Austin did the same thing with Garrett’s arm and again got a warning for negative wrestling.

The first scored gut wrench finished with 2:20 on the clock, just 15 secs after they went in par terre and after two warnings for negative wrestling on Austin.

Austin then grabbed Garret’s arm again and again got called for negative wrestling. At that point, the ref called a caution on Austin as he had already given Austin two warnings. That was with 2:12 to go. The caution meant a restart in par terre.

On the restart, Garrett immediately went to another gut wrench, which he used to score in just 10 secs. He then got another turn that he finished just 15 secs later and the match ended.

Iowa fans claiming the ref called the match wrong are nuts. Sometimes your guy just loses.
One man's negative wrestling is an Iowa fan's hand fighting.

They've clearly been given a mandate to call that more often but I feel like the call should be reserved to instances where it's clear a wrestler is intentionally bailing out. If, like here, you're defending a move on the edge of the mat that you'd have defended similarly in the middle of the mat, that should fall outside the interpretation of the rule.

That said, if your guy gives up three guts in a match, the ref wasn't your guy's problem.

They've clearly been given a mandate to call that more often but I feel like the call should be reserved to instances where it's clear a wrestler is intentionally bailing out. If, like here, you're defending a move on the edge of the mat that you'd have defended similarly in the middle of the mat, that should fall outside the interpretation of the rule.

That said, if your guy gives up three guts in a match, the ref wasn't your guy's problem.
Agreed. Austin’s problem that match is he couldn’t defend the gut and kept just grabbing a leg or arm from bottom in par terre which you can’t do. Austin wasn’t a great bottom wrestler in folkstyle at first and improved greatly. Hopefully the same will happen in freestyle. I do like watching him wrestle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT