ADVERTISEMENT

Zahid Valencia

Better than incontinuance. Nobody wants to wear diapers. :)

Some do...

giphy.gif

And he was as old as possible in High School is all I'm saying. So many guys are grey shirting in Jr. High to graduate at 19. I just remember guys graduating at 17 early and 18 was normal. I think that's changing now to gain every possible advantage. Nothing illegal, but just working the system to be as old as one can be at each level.

Yeah kinda like Mason Manville

And he was as old as possible in High School is all I'm saying. So many guys are grey shirting in Jr. High to graduate at 19. I just remember guys graduating at 17 early and 18 was normal. I think that's changing now to gain every possible advantage. Nothing illegal, but just working the system to be as old as one can be at each level.
Which is largely what Malcom Gladwell describes as the Hockey Effect in The Outliers.

I think the use of the words “working the system” has touched some nerves. The reality is some are letting the system work for them instead. And for those with military service and trying to represent our country in Olympics, one could say rewarding them.

I’m all for it if that length is schooling is desired. Why not?

Supposedly it was announced at a HWC event that Gilman is going to Pan Ams.
Yes, it was announced yesterday that Gilman has taken Fix's place on the team. That's a big change to give up the chance to 1. qualify the weight and to 2. get the #1 seed in the Olympic Trials.

I was just having a little fun with the 5 champions. While it's possible, it's unlikely.

Here's what I do think. Nick Lee has shown himself to be the man to beat at 41. He will win his title this year. Cenzo shines the brightest when the lights are brightest. He will become a 3 timer. Love Kemerer and he wrestled his ass off last time, but Hall will come on top in the Finals. That's 3 champs.

Next, if Z is, in fact, done. 84 is wide open. Brooks seems to be getting better every week. He's right there with Bolen and Hidlay. He could certainly win it all.

Lastly, RBY is one of 4 who could win it. Seabass may not be fully healthy. Gross is tough and smart, but as RBY showed him he is THIS close. He's a coin toss matchup with DeSanto, IMO.

So, I feel very good about 3, pretty good about 4, and 5 is not out of the question.
Don't think Brooks can beat Hidlay yet!

what? what makes you thing something has changed?
I was trying to show that Brooks has in fact already beaten Trent. I don’t think much has likely changed in terms of the relative skill, strength & ability. that said, a lot of those points wouldn’t count in Folk.

Reactions: lionlover

admittedly, it’s freestyle 2 years ago.

Awesome match and the throws by Brooks were impressive. However, in folkstyle only the TD at the end of the 1st period and the final TD would have been points. That would have Brooks up 4-0 instead of a 10 point TF. Still, pretty impressive and I personally would favor Brooks over Hidlay this season. Aaron seems to be getting better every week and I hope and expect he will be wrestling Saturday night in Minny.

Reactions: liex26
How many here thought Mekhi could beat Marinelli AND Cenzo let alone one of them? AB has all the tools in the box needed to stand atop the podium. If he truly believes it in his heart, it will happen.
But what happens if he meets an opponent who also truly believes it in his heart?
I'm just kidding around, but your example of Mekhi is a great one. I'm sure the Bull and Vincenzo both believed it in their heart when they met him.
Certainly capable, and I wouldn't want to be seeded above him and get him for a draw.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
But what happens if he meets an opponent who also truly believes it in his heart?
I'm just kidding around, but your example of Mekhi is a great one. I'm sure the Bull and Vincenzo both believed it in their heart when they met him.
Certainly capable, and I wouldn't want to be seeded above him and get him for a draw.
Actually I think the Bull was thinking about Cenzo and Cenzo was thinking about the idea of being a 4-timer. I know I was as I sat in the stands watching...but I get your ribbing.
But I believe that once you have the athleticism and skills, it is the belief in yourself and the unwillingness to lose that separates the champions from the rest.

ADVERTISEMENT