ADVERTISEMENT

WTT registrations

Making the trip with 7 others. It's a whole 25 minutes for us, no hotel necessary.
You going?

Had my tickets, but some things came up and I can't make it anymore, unfortunately.

Still have my World Cup tickets, though.

You heard correctly.

The Open had different qualification processes for each division. Clear as mud for the average fan:

Junior(U20) Open champs are sitting in the finals of the WTT in June

Sr Open champs get the 1 seed at the challenge tourny.

Cadets(U17) Open WAS the team trials.

And then you have U23's. Their tourny is the same time as Jrs. Here's the kicker, though. Winning U23's only puts you 4th in line for the team. Spots 1-3 go to the top 3 placers at Sr WTT if they are age eligible.

Like I said, clear as mud.

Here's the USA wrestling link on procedures:

You forgot about Greco-Roman qualifications lol.
Had several discussions at the Open about how hard it was to follow what it meant by winning depending on age, style or even gender. There has to be a simpler way of putting our world teams together. I can't imagine the costs for the clubs to get someone qualified.

Reactions: jrod65
I think this means he isn't going...but I could be wrong in the translation

giphy.gif

Nick Reenan, former 197lb guy from NC State who wrestled DT at Final X, entered at 79kg.

That's one hell of a body transformation, if correct.
Reenan is such a strange case. Wrestled up at 195 (maybe as high as 220 at one point?) in high school despite reportedly weighing in 170's. Went 174 as a true freshman. Had average results. Bumped up to 184/86 kg and looked like a really good prospect again. Made final x and beat Richard Perry. Then fell off again. Very strange career.

Reenan is such a strange case. Wrestled up at 195 (maybe as high as 220 at one point?) in high school despite reportedly weighing in 170's. Went 174 as a true freshman. Had average results. Bumped up to 184/86 kg and looked like a really good prospect again. Made final x and beat Richard Perry. Then fell off again. Very strange career.
You forgot about him pinning Jacob Warner. That was a strange result too.

Reactions: danoftw
You forgot about him pinning Jacob Warner. That was a strange result too.
hmmm i can't find that result anywhere lol high school?

fun fact, the first time i ever saw warner wrestle was against reenan in the ironman finals where he was impressive in defeat.

That was a great concert/film. I re-watched it a few months ago and the musicianship, choreography and cinematography (especially the lighting) are amazing. Once in a Lifetime and What a Day That Was particularly stood out. I love the portion of Once in a Lifetime where you have the shot of the backup singers slowly rising up from their previous arched position. That was great cinematography. Add in David Byrne's frenetic and mesmerizing performance and this is one of my favorite concert films.

I thought that PDIII was attached to the Sinaloa RTC.
The “also funny” thing is other than Brayden from Illinois…..every other wrestler is attached to a club.

With so many voices in his head, he probably thinks he is in one.

Meanwhile, Florida is like wut?

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Just a little help for your memory ;)
Iowa fans were so outraged about that. The ones who condemned Aiello not getting 2NF this year were talking about how it's not good for the sport when a nontraditional school gets robbed against a blue blood. They truly are for the good of the sport. They said if Warner had any respect, he should have handed his AA trophy to Reenan.

Iowa fans were so outraged about that. The ones who condemned Aiello not getting 2NF this year were talking about how it's not good for the sport when a nontraditional school gets robbed against a blue blood. They truly are for the good of the sport. They said if Warner had any respect, he should have handed his AA trophy to Reenan.
I'm glad you mentioned this. I see a lot of confusion about this and I am happy to clear things up now. It is different with Warner because I wanted him to win. Max Dean, on the other hand, should be in jail :)

The “also funny” thing is other than Brayden from Illinois…..every other wrestler is attached to a club.

With so many voices in his head, he probably thinks he is in one.

Meanwhile, Florida is like wut?
Brayden from IL is a Junior in high school at Lockport. He's a Oklahoma St commit.

We'll be in Section FL5. I can't wait!
if there is an empty seat next to you, I will know you brought Spyker and he is doing his invisible man imitation.

I just bought GA tickets-we will be in 213, about row 8. Great view of mat, our regular seats for almost 40 years.

I will probably be wearing orange. Or maybe an 80's vintage USA wrestling shirt.

Reactions: OzarkLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT