ADVERTISEMENT

Pan Ams

Bill Zadick is the USA Wrestling national freestyle coach. Was an NCAA champ for Iowa in the 1990s and a freestyle senior world champ in the 2000s.
I'm assuming he must be well-liked by most US coaches and other freestyle personnel. It's got to be a fairly political position, and he's been in it since 2016, plus a few years in a position leading up to it.

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
Snyder up next against Arturo SilotTorres from Cuba.

Snyder working snaps and underhooks. Tries a drag, can't get the corner, but gets a pushout. 1-0. Cuba in on a single, lifts and gets the pushout. 1-1. Cuba tries a cartwheel (???) and Snyder gets a takedown. 3-1. Cuba takes a shot, Snyder stuffs but gets pushed put. 3-2. Snyder gets a pushout, but it looks like Cuba was grounded. The officials are talking about it. They give him the point, 4-2 Snyder. Cuba with another shot to take Kyle OOB. 4-3. Cuba shoots, Snyder counters and gets the TD. 6-3. :30 left in the first. Cuba wrestling on his knees near the edge, Snyder his a drag and go behind for 2. 8-3 at the break.

Zadick and Varner in Snyder's corner.

2nd period starts. Cuba slides (???) toward a leg, Snyder counters with a single, Cuba tries some sort of throw but goes straight to his back and it ends 14-3 Snyder.

Cuba had some odd technique they were throwing out there. Maybe figured, "to hell with it, let's give it a shot!"
OzarkLion, superb P-B-P! TYVM!

Vito seems to have made a giant leap in the last year. Easily beat Fix then shocked me when he handled RBY so handily.
Kid is ramping it up.
I want to see Fix vs Vito at final X. I think a best of 3 series between them would be incredible. Fix is a much better freestyler than folk and Vito is wrestling out of his mind. I think Fix is favorite to get to final X but he still has to go through Gross, Desanto, Colon, etc which won’t be easy

I want to see Fix vs Vito at final X. I think a best of 3 series between them would be incredible. Fix is a much better freestyler than folk and Vito is wrestling out of his mind. I think Fix is favorite to get to final X but he still has to go through Gross, Desanto, Colon, etc which won’t be easy
Very exciting weight class, I'm a Hawk and was at the open in Vegas for Desanto vs Vito. Desanto was wrestling out of his mind so I thought he had a shot. Lol
Vito just seems like he jumped to another level in the past year.
Freaking crazy how many NLWC wrestling and current PSU wrestlers were there.
Saw Bo after the finals, total class act taking selfie requests from fans and signing autographs. Nolf looked amazing. Brooks with the upset, totally gassed Valencia. I went spur of the moment, told wife I have to go. No way I'm ever seeing this much talent under one roof again.
Disappointed Spencer forfeited out again.
Cael has built a freaking machine!
I'm jealous big time.
Taylor is my favorite wrestler, hope he's good to go for worlds.
Nothing like him and Yaz battling for another world.
I don't have the crazy hate some do for other programs. I love good wrestling.
Edit to include: It's time for Snyder to snatch another from Sadulaev!
Also, who would have thought Bartlett would take Lee to the brink?? 👀

Last edited:
Very exciting weight class, I'm a Hawk and was at the open in Vegas for Desanto vs Vito. Desanto was wrestling out of his mind so I thought he had a shot. Lol
Vito just seems like he jumped to another level in the past year.
Freaking crazy how many NLWC wrestling and current PSU wrestlers were there.
Saw Bo after the finals, total class act taking selfie requests from fans and signing autographs. Nolf looked amazing. Brooks with the upset, totally gassed Valencia. I went spur of the moment, told wife I have to go. No way I'm ever seeing this much talent under one roof again.
Disappointed Spencer forfeited out again.
Cael has built a freaking machine!
I'm jealous big time.
Taylor is my favorite wrestler, hope he's good to go for worlds.
Nothing like him and Yaz battling for another world.
I don't have the crazy hate some do for other programs. I love good wrestling.
Edit to include: It's time for Snyder to snatch another from Sadulaev!
Also, who would have thought Bartlett would take Lee to the brink?? 👀
Is Sudalaev even eligible? I thought the Russians were still banned from international sports.

Reactions: 1AA
Vito seems to have made a giant leap in the last year. Easily beat Fix then shocked me when he handled RBY so handily.
Kid is ramping it up.
FWIW, Vito's total wrestling time at Pan Ams was about 6:16 (ref Zain's 5:50). A full minute less if you count the pin in one match that the ref and the table couldn't see from where they were.

Detailed Look at Kyle Snyder’s Matches at Pan Ams

This guy sayS "run the pike." Here I always thought it was "run the pipe" and had heard it that way. A quick search shows they are both used.

Are they referring to the same or different techniques?

Is this a regional thing?

Live and learn.

Edit: Even the video titled "Running the pike has "run the pipe" in it's time markings. And others had similar questions. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Kyle Dake Matches at Pan-Ams -
It’s like a college wrestler, wrestling a middle school kid, he just manhandles opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT