• Everyone

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • No one

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Cali_Nittany

Jan 5, 2016
The PRC
It's been a while since I've done one of these. This dual deserves it.

133 - RBY
As I said in the pbp thread, RBY was testing the health of my heart. Very nice last second takedown for the win. Entertaining match for such a low score.

141 - Lee
Aragona is probably curled up in a fetal position in the locker room right now. Lee was brutal on top.

149 - Verk
He did what he needed to do. Nice Super Duck.

165 - Cenzo
Joseph getting in a workout before the pin in the 3rd.

184 - Brooks
The next hammer is here. Estwing, not DeWalt. I dont want @PAgeologist mad at me.

197 - Nice ride and win by Shak. He's working back into form.

Heavy - Seth showing some nice top work. I think Lemonpie might have even smiled watching that.

Everyone - This is the Roar approved correct answer.

Noone - This is the Mike Evan's approved answer.

I'm allowing 2 answers on this one.

Mark Hall -- only because he isn't listed in the poll.

Actually Shak. Seemed to trust his body more, and was 1 blown takedown call from majoring a solid SR wrestler in just his 3rd match back.

With the injury default it didnt seem right to list Hall this time. No fault on Hall. I just feel bad for Grello.

Yes, I was also impressed with Shak.

Lee, because he wrecked 4 time AA Aragona.

BOOM
LVHIE2B5UZDBFHMMIUQSXSUS7M.JPG

I liked Brooks. But I will say that was the best superduck I've seen in a while by verk. I get the feeling he could really do some damage if he would just pull the trigger. Somehow we have to get this kid to pull the trigger

I'm going to say Lee for pure dominance of a decent wrestler.

I was happy with Verk today. He is surely interesting, he's never going to blow anyone out of the water but his style makes him very hard to score on since he is great scrambling. I'm very curious to see how he does against Lugo, Sasso, Lee coming up. I think he'll make them nail biters. But close only counts in horshoes and hand grenades.

Hell, I am curious to see how he does against Purinton and Martin since they are both NQs and I don't think Verk has wins over any right now? (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong)

1. Best team match so far this year.
2. AB gets my vote for most impressive win tonight.
3. Lee gets my vote for best body of work so far this season. Consistently good each and every match. Love how he reacts to a win - like he’s been there before and it’s totally expected. A little Nolf-like in that respect...

I vote Lee or Brooks

RBY - couldn't seem to get through the hands and his speed seemed to be neutralized
Bo - I was looking for stalling but he had all his weight on his hands (although he did have 157 pounds hanging from his neck) and didn't vary from there. needed to reset, some type of Gramby, something...
Shakur - stood up what seemed like 7 times and never once had hand control, Every time his opponent locked 2 hands around his waist and returned him to the mat. Eventually made a nice reversal out of it but needs to get those escapes.

I went with RBY, who found a way to win a tight match against a great defensive wrestler.

I thought Brooks was relentless and took advantage of his opportunity to get the pin.

A close third was Shak. He looked pretty mobile tonight against a fellow 6th year senior. Other than rust and perhaps some confidence, he doesn't seem to be showing any ill effects from his injury.

I went with RBY, who found a way to win a tight match against a great defensive wrestler.

I thought Brooks was relentless and took advantage of his opportunity to get the pin.

A close third was Shak. He looked pretty mobile tonight against a fellow 6th year senior. Other than rust and perhaps some confidence, he doesn't seem to be showing any ill effects from his injury.
Shack hasn"t wrap a cradle yet this year ,but seemed to have more in the tank.I guess he is a work in progress.

Reactions: PAgeologist
Is Schnupp injured, or is Meredith getting the nod based on head to head, practice etc.? For Meredith to come in as a freshman and take the spot is impressive. Schnupp had improved each year in the program.

A lot to like. N Lee's aggression and mentality to destroy is impressive. AB pinning a big dude made a statement. Shak not looking so tentative was a good sign. However, for me, the answer is Snacks. He showed athleticism in that great scramble. Most impressive was not only the beastly ride but actually his ability to turn a guy and get back points was fantastic for a heavy. Looking forward to him exceeding expectations for everyone in March.

A lot to like. N Lee's aggression and mentality to destroy is impressive. AB pinning a big dude made a statement. Shak not looking so tentative was a good sign. However, for me, the answer is Snacks. He showed athleticism in that great scramble. Most impressive was not only the beastly ride but actually his ability to turn a guy and get back points was fantastic for a heavy. Looking forward to him exceeding expectations for everyone in March.
Agree with Snacks, was surprised how BIG he is, a huge man. Shak wasn't getting the cradle considering Pagano was actually his former roommate, which is pretty cool. Love Brooks attacking style similar to Lee.

Ditto. Three days in a row of making weight at the end of the season is tough and Shak won;t have to do that as DT said he weighed in at 193, or maybe it was 194.

Yep, 193 is what was said on the broadcast.

Is Schnupp injured, or is Meredith getting the nod based on head to head, practice etc.? For Meredith to come in as a freshman and take the spot is impressive. Schnupp had improved each year in the program.

Meredith is a redshirt freshman and he beat Schnupp 4-2 at Army this season.

Reactions: PSUer1989
My two votes went to Lee, for showing Jo Jo the difference between a National Championship contender and a 5 star recruit that should be spending a year in redshirt.
Second is Seth, for reminding us that we shouldn't be swept up in Kerkamania and that anything can happen with the big boys in the national tournament.
An Honorable Mention goes to Brooks, for making Freddie Mercury think, "mmm... I better watch that cradle come March 21st"!

Cenzo. "No doubt" domination. You could see he was determined to end the match with a pin. And . . . there it is! After that, it's a tie: Lee, Brooks, & Snacks (that's a big boy!). Make a wish: Verk winning a match by TF.

Hate to dampen the mood with Snacks, but that was Rutgers' backup heavy.

Also, that scramble was completely unnecessary. It happened because Snacks fell asleep on feet and allowed a shot that shouldn't have occurred. Nice recovery from his own mistake -- but don't make that mistake against a better opponent.

Hate to dampen the mood with Snacks, but that was Rutgers' backup heavy.

Also, that scramble was completely unnecessary. It happened because Snacks fell asleep on feet and allowed a shot that shouldn't have occurred. Nice recovery from his own mistake -- but don't make that mistake against a better opponent.
Since you already dampened the mood, I'll split hairs...Snacks is our backup too! ;)

I think snacks should’ve got the slap during that scramble,that guy sure looked flat,and control was established.

The Pipher match reminded me of a match I saw in 1980. I'm a student at Bloomsburg, who was ranked around 20th. Iowa State comes in wearing their robes ranked top 5.
I knew most of the wrestling team from DOK frat and had a friend on the team. First match starts at 118. Mike Nock? wrestling for Bloom is getting pounded from the top. The kid from Iowa State is working figure 4 around torso and cranking arms. Nock stands up twice with guy around his waist. Ref whistles Potential Dangerous. Nock stands up 3rd time and gets a smirk on his face. As whistle blows, he launches himself backwards and power slams the kid. The kid was on mat probably for 5 minutes trying to catch his breath. Nock obviously got DQd.
The only team points Bloomsburg scored was a draw by Don Reese. I believe Reese the following year got beat in NCAA finals by another PA kid C.B. Mock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT