Votes: 5 2.1%
  • 197 Shak

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

Cali_Nittany

Jan 5, 2016
The PRC
133 - RBY brought it.
Never give up! Never surrender! Fought out of the spladle and came within a whisker of winning.

141 - Lee
Lee vs Pletcher. Then way way way, several levels below, everyone else.

149 - Verk!
He guts out a ranked win! Big big qualifying level win for Verk.

165 - Joseph
Oh no! Joseph ducked Wick again! Oops @jrjt0158. Statement match. I'm so happy Cenzo can make the cut from 200.

174 - Hall
Quick pin. It's about time we get a beneficial call.

184 - Brooks
The score was close but it didnt seem that close.

197 - Rasheed
There's a lot of whining about Rasheed. But he won. A good tuner match. Hopefully he can find his groove.

133 - RBY brought it.
Never give up! Never surrender! Fought out of the spladle and came within a whisker of winning.

141 - Lee
Lee vs Pletcher. Then way way way, several levels below, everyone else.

149 - Verk!
He guts out a ranked win! Big big qualifying level win for Verk.

165 - Joseph
Oh no! Joseph ducked Wick again! Oops @jrjt0158. Statement match. I'm so happy Cenzo can make the cut from 200.

174 - Hall
Quick pin. It's about time we get a beneficial call.

184 - Brooks
The score was close but it didnt seem that close.

197 - Rasheed
There's a lot of whining about Rasheed. But he won. A good tuner match. Hopefully he can find his groove.

RBY in the words of David Taylor is finding his "Superpowers"! I loved the way he shook Gross's hand at the end of the match and gave him the "that close" sign with his fingers!!! He is fast as hell! All he needs is to get a bit stronger and he will be unstoppable!

Nick Lee is Zain 2! He just deals out the pain!! I can't wait until next week when he kicks the Stumps ass from OSU!!!!

I love Cenzo!! He is never satisfied and is always improving his game. Great on his feet and on the mat!! Wick didn't stand a chance!

Poor Piper can't get a break! Never stops but just doesn't have the offense to finish.

RBY in the words of David Taylor is finding his "Superpowers"! I loved the way he shook Gross's hand at the end of the match and gave him the "that close" sign with his fingers!!! He is fast as hell! All he needs is to get a bit stronger and he will be unstoppable!

Nick Lee is Zain 2! He just deals out the pain!! I can't wait until next week when he kicks the Stumps ass from OSU!!!!

I love Cenzo!! He is never satisfied and is always improving his game. Great on his feet and on the mat!! Wick didn't stand a chance!

Poor Piper can't get a break! Never stops but just doesn't have the offense to finish.
When Mark wanted to go upper body (double-overs) in the first period, pretty funny when the Wisconsin bench yelled to Krattiger "Don't go THERE!"

In the 3rd period when Nick was working hard for a turn ref says "Keep working gentlemen" I would have loved to see Nick switch to the bow and arrow to get Moran over. Does anyone in the lineup use the bow and arrow? I cant remember seeing it much this year.

When Mark wanted to go upper body (double-overs) in the first period, pretty funny when the Wisconsin bench yelled to Krattiger "Don't go THERE!"

In the 3rd period when Nick was working hard for a turn ref says "Keep working gentlemen" I would have loved to see Nick switch to the bow and arrow to get Moran over. Does anyone in the lineup use the bow and arrow? I cant remember seeing it much this year.
I believe Nick has went for the bow and arrow a couple times this year. It just hasn't worked out.

Cael had them ready for sure! RBY’s aggression was eye opening. I wonder tactics Bono will recommend for potential rematch in Minny?

I like how RBY adjusted in-match to not give up the Russian tie. But I had to go with Cenzo's drubbing of Wick. I was expecting a solid 5-2ish win.

Reactions: Lyons212
Power went out here for 9 hours yesterday afternoon . . . waiting for it to come back on was like the usual Fri evening waiting for a late-running basketball game to end. Didn't get it back til 12:46 AM . . . but caught the replay at 2:00 AM!

Not exactly the sleep schedule I planned before going to work today, but I just had to see what RBY was going to bring. Though frustrated as heck, I was not disappointed. He got my first vote.

Joseph The Duck (here's lookin' at you, HR personalities) got my second vote. Man, now that is owning another human.

Lee was just as dominant, but I admittedly have always had Joseph bias, and I'm out of votes.

I voted for Cenzo too. As impressive as he looked, I couldn't vote for RBY because he lost. As PSU fans, we're typically not that into "moral victories", although RBY looked focused and slick. If I had to give a season's long award for who's been the most impressive, I think it would be Lee; he's gone from a two-time midlevel All American (where he belonged in my opinion) into a full on beast and he's kept the intensity up all season. Hall's pin was looking like it might have been very important in the dual score, but again, he was rather supposed to do that or something like it. But Cenzo? Damn. The dominance from these guys and their willingness to let it all hang out is why I'm such a huge PSU wrestling fan. I liked that the ref continually said, "both men, advance, come on guys, stay active", but he apparently wasn't watching the same dual I was. As is typical, MOST of the PSU guys stayed very active for 7 minutes, you've got to love it.

I didnt vote because I couldn't pick one guy. I'm impressed with most our guys. They're getting better every week. I was SO happy to see Shak take and finish on that first period shot. He was trying hard to hit that cradle. He seemed to have a little of that can do spark in him. Great to see him moving in the right direction. Hope to see that and a little more from him on Sunday.

I didnt vote because I couldn't pick one guy. I'm impressed with most our guys. They're getting better every week. I was SO happy to see Shak take and finish on that first period shot. He was trying hard to hit that cradle. He seemed to have a little of that can do spark in him. Great to see him moving in the right direction. Hope to see that and a little more from him on Sunday.

You can vote for two people.

Cenzo and Lee got my votes because they won by totally dominating their opponents.

Now I have one question for all the wrestling experts. WHY DOESN'T CENZO WRESTLE MARINELLI THE SAME WAY HE WRESTLED WICK!!! Sorry for yelling but he controlled a very good wrestler from start to finish. Is Marinelli that much better wrestler than? Do you think he could take down Marinelli repeatedly during a match? I ask all this because I don't think my heart can take another double under hook match between those two.

Cenzo and Lee got my votes because they won by totally dominating their opponents.

Now I have one question for all the wrestling experts. WHY DOESN'T CENZO WRESTLE MARINELLI THE SAME WAY HE WRESTLED WICK!!! Sorry for yelling but he controlled a very good wrestler from start to finish. Is Marinelli that much better wrestler than? Do you think he could take down Marinelli repeatedly during a match? I ask all this because I don't think my heart can take another double under hook match between those two.

VJ vs Bull stylistically is why it’s hard to wrestle like VJ vs Wick. Both have heavy hips, good balance, and are super strong in upper body ties.

RBY was very impressive, I think if Gross was down after 1, he might have picked top.

Mike Evans is not impressed.

giphy.gif

Reactions: slushhead

I’m with you NitFan. I believe VJ showed improvement with getting ankle picks & converting to TD’s last year. I keep waiting for/wanting him to go catch & release against guys like the Bull. VJ is surprisingly quick when shooting from a little space; wish he’d go there more. I’m hoping VJ opens that toolbox drawer next time vs. Bull.

Reactions: NittanyChris
RBY. Man he is so close. He will get him.

I loved how shak came out. Better movement.
Showed progression. I really came away encouraged

Reactions: diggerpup

I haven't seen it yet this year. The bow and arrow was a Zain staple. He string those legs and everyone rolled over! Nick would be the one who I would think would use it?

I’m with you NitFan. I believe VJ showed improvement with getting ankle picks & converting to TD’s last year. I keep waiting for/wanting him to go catch & release against guys like the Bull. VJ is surprisingly quick when shooting from a little space; wish he’d go there more. I’m hoping VJ opens that toolbox drawer next time vs. Bull.

I think Cael/VJ have a whole master plan to take down the Bull just like they took down Imar. This last match with Bull was pretty much a repeat of the last two matches against the Bull only this time VJ came down on top of the underhook throws. I expected a much different match with VJ riding the Bull hard and then grabbing some easy takedowns in the 3rd period when the Bull is tired. Watching the way the Bull has been beaten in the past. Watching how VJ just ripped Wick apart yesterday with a completely different style, we know he can change things up easily if he needs to.

I am curious to see if they wait until the NCAAs to switch things up on the Bull or they whip it out at the Big 10s? They have the Bull right where they want him. He lost and now he has that confidence hit that VJ can beat him. He will probably go back to his basics with his strong underhook ties and try the same approach with VJ again BUT the next time VJ changes everything up and the Bull will not know what hit him!! VJ took down IMAR who is twice the wrestler Marinelli is. I have complete faith in VJ and Cael!!!

In rank order:

Nick Lee - 14-1 against a guy you lost to a year ago? I know that one was a fluke but.... He is punishing and just plain sick. I lost track was it 4 or 5 minutes of riding time?

Vj - complete control & domination vs a tricky body style and top 4 seasoned veteran. He made him look like an unranked kid lacking much skill.

RBY - he really is getting that close. He really can win a NC this year.

Shak - maybe, just maybe....

Mark - who pins a kid with a tilt?

Verk - maybe, just maybe....

AB - solid putting. W may need some talcum powder for their next meeting to counteract the slip and slide.

Seth - Fear of the snack

Last edited:

Funny you should make the Zain reference regarding Nick. I said that during the match. He’s not Zain, but I like him more with each passing match.

Finally got a chance to watch the RBY Gross match today. One of the most entertaining I've seen this year. RBY is right there. He was aggressive start to finish and had a counter for every Gross counter. Nearly scored on a bunch too. I loved how he responded to getting caught early--he didn't become overly cautious, he just kept wrestling, and took it right to Gross.

Finally got a chance to watch the RBY Gross match today. One of the most entertaining I've seen this year. RBY is right there. He was aggressive start to finish and had a counter for every Gross counter. Nearly scored on a bunch too. I loved how he responded to getting caught early--he didn't become overly cautious, he just kept wrestling, and took it right to Gross.

He won't get caught like that again, and so the end result will be different (IMO, of course). It was 'that close', and I would imagine the confidence and motivation has now been dialed up a notch for RBY. Gross, in the meantime, has to be wondering whether he still has capacity to expand his bag of tricks. He's had to pull quite a few so far this season vs. Rivera, DeSanto, and RBY.

Reactions: tikk10
It's Cenzo and Lee for me. Both annihilated top guys in their division. While I felt really good about RBY after that match, there are no moral victories at PSU. If only he completed that trip in the waning seconds!

Shak’s opponent was 2-14. How do you find anything good about beating a 2-14 kid by 3 points?
I gotta agree. A healthy Shak destroys that kid. Now Shak has the full leg wrap for the knee. Can't help but wonder how he would hold up through his grind of the BIGS and NCAA'S. I'm pulling for him for sure, he's had some shitty luck over the years. Not sure that he's ever gotten to wrestle a full season at his ideal weight, while reasonably healthy.

It's Cenzo and Lee for me. Both annihilated top guys in their division. While I felt really good about RBY after that match, there are no moral victories at PSU. If only he completed that trip in the waning seconds!

I'll take the other side of that.
It's a process.

Reactions: naddabluechip
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT