• 133 - RBY

• 141 - Nick Lee

• 157 - Brady Berge

• 174 - Carter Starocci

• 184 - Aaron Brooks

• Everyone

• Just like Mike Evans, I'm not impressed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Howard barely got passed Michigan’s non top 20 ranked Medly.... I’d wait and see if he can beat some top 10 ranked guys before saying he’s a national champ after Lee graduates...
Agree. But...barely became barely when he ran out of gas. A syndrome pretty expected when you wear your first banded blue singlet.

I also do not think BearClaw’s effort deserves to be labeled a love affair with the backup QB. We sometimes can’t get a good read on multiple year state champs from states with less developed wrestling. He did show a variety of attacks and a nice ride. I see growth and upside. Whether he gets to keep the spot is another question.

Beard is also impressive. Amine will be standing on top or 2nd step at the end of the year. Beards penetration on shots from different sides was impressive, though finishing against that experience obviously didn’t happen. I see no reason that won’t clear up over time. 197 is in good hands.

We are by any standard on any team....ridiculously young. Despite that youth, we still grabbed 6 of 10 bouts and a win vs #2. The future is bright and the future is now....once again.

You're trying to correct a football board guy, so good luck with that.

But at least don't use irrelevant data. Medley couldn't be ranked at 125 because 2/3 of his matches were at 133.

Yeah, a more accurate description of Medley is finished 4th at BIGs last season and was the #14 seed for NCAAs.

Yeah, a more accurate description of Medley is finished 4th at BIGs last season and was the #14 seed for NCAAs.

Well technically that’s still not top 10...

But this year there isn’t much separation between about #2 through #21 (Flo put Howard at #21 today)

Well technically that’s still not top 10...

But this year there isn’t much separation between about #2 through #21 (Flo put Howard at #21 today)

Not top 10 LAST season. Without researching it I would bet at least 4 of those seeded ahead of him last season were seniors.

What’s the purpose of this comment? To diminish Howard? To piss on Kid Twist optimism?
No? The purpose is to say it’s just early to predict a wrestler a national champion after one match.. is that so bad??

You're trying to correct a football board guy, so good luck with that.

But at least don't use irrelevant data. Medley couldn't be ranked at 125 because 2/3 of his matches were at 133.
Idk he’s a football guy.. all I said was it’s early to predict a national champion after one match .. and if medley is ranked at 133 then my bad...

Well, there’s always Aguilar if Rutgers gets rescheduled.

Oh wait he’s not top 10 though 😉
Howard is def the fav over Aguilar ... I’m just not convinced Howard is a future national champion YET...

Not top 10 LAST season. Without researching it I would bet at least 4 of those seeded ahead of him last season were seniors.

2 seniors (Picc and Mueller)
2 Ivies (Glory & Colaiocco)
1 different weight (Paetzell)
1 retired/benched (Mackall)

But there were also guys redshirting last year (Latona/Foley), guys that have dropped from 133 (Lamont), or were injured (Hudkins). Howard can probably beat some of these guys, but 125, especially in the B10 where everyone has beaten everyone, is a mess. Heinselman was seeded 27 last year and McKee 24th.

Edit: And if we are talking next year (or the year after since Lee will probably be back), Vito & Glory will be a clear 1/2 IMO unless someone beats them (or they move up to 133). Glory would be gone after '22-'23, and Vito after '23-'24.

Last edited:
2 seniors (Picc and Mueller)
2 Ivies (Glory & Colaiocco)
1 different weight (Paetzell)
1 retired/benched (Mackall)

But there were also guys redshirting last year (Latona/Foley), guys that have dropped from 133 (Lamont), or were injured (Hudkins). Howard can probably beat some of these guys, but 125, especially in the B10 where everyone has beaten everyone, is a mess. Heinselman was seeded 27 last year and McKee 24th.

Edit: And if we are talking next year (or the year after since Lee will probably be back), Vito & Glory will be a clear 1/2 IMO unless someone beats them (or they move up to 133). Glory would be gone after '22-'23, and Vito after '23-'24.
We dont need a 4 time champ at 125 guys, we just need 10-15 points. I dont see anyone annointing RoHo as the next big thing but I bet he gets us the points we need.

We dont need a 4 time champ at 125 guys, we just need 10-15 points. I dont see anyone annointing RoHo as the next big thing but I bet he gets us the points we need.

Not sure Howard will get us 10-15 points this season. Next season I can definitely see that.

But it can’t be next year, because Nick is locked in at 41, so RBY isn’t moving up. And RBY has 2 years of eligibility left after this year doesn’t he?
I’d be willing to bet RBY and Nick Lee both finish their PSU careers at their current weights. Neither guy is particularly big and they’re bona fide title contenders. Time will tell.

Not sure Howard will get us 10-15 points this season. Next season I can definitely see that.

As a Bergen Catholic alum, I know I am biased but Robbie Howard is Nick Suriano without the asshole dad and Jersey Shore vocabulary. He has been groomed for this like Nick was from the cradle. His parents have some cash and they made sure he had elite coaching his whole life and they also spent the money to fly him around the world to make sure he had plenty of international freestyle exposure as well.

He is here for a reason. He and his parents know that Cael is his best bet for that Olympic gold that they covet! Ranked 21!!! Come on! Mark my words, he will be a Freshman All-American. The kid has a relentless work ethic!

My cable provider doesn't offer the Big10, so I bought Big10+. I listen to Ironhead live during the Michigan match.

To try to stretch out this dual season .... in my head, I've been watching only a couple matches a day on Big10+ and of course I had to jump to Carter's match. Wow.

Today I watched RBY. My God is that kid Talented. He seems to have a gyroscope in his head as he does unique stuff and still ends up in proper position each time.

Going against the grain on some opinions, I was ecstatic to see him rideout a period. During some future match his magical takedowns may be hard to come by. That Michigan rideout in his head could pay big dividends in the big shows to come.

I'm curious if that was RBY's decision or from the corner.

The team as a whole looks impressive. I would still lean to Iowa now but come March of 2022 these good guys will be fun to watch.

My cable provider doesn't offer the Big10, so I bought Big10+. I listen to Ironhead live during the Michigan match.

To try to stretch out this dual season .... in my head, I've been watching only a couple matches a day on Big10+ and of course I had to jump to Carter's match. Wow.

Today I watched RBY. My God is that kid Talented. He seems to have a gyroscope in his head as he does unique stuff and still ends up in proper position each time.

Going against the grain on some opinions, I was ecstatic to see him rideout a period. During some future match his magical takedowns may be hard to come by. That Michigan rideout in his head could pay big dividends in the big shows to come.

I'm curious if that was RBY's decision or from the corner.

The team as a whole looks impressive. I would still lean to Iowa now but come March of 2022 these good guys will be fun to watch.

You can like Iowa but they always choke at the big dance against Cael! Now that we have Howard generating points at 125 we can take Iowa. Just need to leave Gardner at 149 and I wish we had Kirk at Hwt and it would be a slam dunk! Still say we take Iowa at the Big Dance. They may win the Big 10s but they will flame at NCAAs!! Never bet against Cael!

• Haha
Reactions: ClarencButthorn
You can like Iowa but they always choke at the big dance against Cael! Now that we have Howard generating points at 125 we can take Iowa. Just need to leave Gardner at 149 and I wish we had Kirk at Hwt and it would be a slam dunk! Still say we take Iowa at the Big Dance. They may win the Big 10s but they will flame at NCAAs!! Never bet against Cael!
You keep using that word, :)

tenor.gif

You keep using that word, :)
Nothing's wrong with that. If Penn State loses, it'll be "we" lost, too.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Nothing's wrong with that. If Penn State loses, it'll be "we" lost, too.
Oops. My bad. I mentally confused KidTwist the “we” poster with KidDagger the Rutgers fan, and I thought the post was a Rutgers fan trying to add a new team, Jammenz-style. Sorry, KidTwist! As they sing in the mighty jungle, “we away”. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT