ADVERTISEMENT

USA Wresling Match of the Day

Just thought this would be best thread to post a throwback story about a high school career. Severn wrestled 17 matches his junior year in one day.

https://www.mmamania.com/2020/3/26/21192265/dan-severn-17-ufc-news-mma-a-fighters-legacy-podcasat

In a high school holiday tournament, both I and my opponent were wrestling in our third match in one hour (obviously less rules back then). Needless to say, there was not a lot of action. I lost 1-0. But neither of us could get anything going.

Terry Brands 1995 World Championship finals:

It'd be interesting to apply modern scoring because it's a far different match on the scoreboard, even if the result is probably the same.
  • 2-0 Terry exposure
  • 2-2 Sissaouri criteria go-behind
  • 2-6 Sissaouri TD & gut
  • 3-6 Terry step out
  • 4-6 Terry step out
  • 5-6 Terry step out
  • 6-6 Terry criteria step out
  • 7-6 Terry step out
  • 8-6 Terry step out with :09 remaining. At this point the ref hit Sissaouri with his third caution, giving Terry the win on DQ, the scoreboard would've read 3-3
Sissaouri looked like the better wrestler but he couldn't get out bounds fast enough for the entire second half of that match. You stop wrestling, you deserve to lose.

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Back in the early days of UFC, there was a unlimited weight tourney, Severn was in many a final, usually against Gracie. Those guys were freakin beat up by the time the finals come round.
Those two would rarely be beat up because they took very little damage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT