ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger King - Netflix....

LionDeNittany

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
I do not watch much TV but started this show earlier in the week.

It is a documentary mini-series. However it is so bizarre I sometimes question whether or not it is real.

Are any of you watching it? I'm through three episodes right now.

LdN

Reactions: Dupage Lion
It gets even crazier. I am on episode 5 but my kids say the last couple are off the charts. I'm with you, it's hard to believe its true. Exotic Joe is NUTS

It gets even crazier. I am on episode 5 but my kids say the last couple are off the charts. I'm with you, it's hard to believe its true. Exotic Joe is NUTS
I tried watching the first episode twice, but couldn't get past the first 10 minutes. That any person could attempt to treat big cats like pets is too hard for me to watch. The snow leopard in the van in Florida was when I had to turn it off.

It’s real. I was following along that saga when it actually happened. #1 program on Netflix right now. And no doubt Carole killed her husband and fed him to the tigers.

Oh yeah, I see that it is real. I just mean the entire thing... with Carole murdering her husband, Joe Exotic and the Cult in South Carolina... it just seems unbelievable.

I probably could have worded it better. It just seems unreal.

The reality TV programmer is great. He's a solid interviewee.

LdN

It is a documentary mini-series. However it is so bizarre I sometimes question whether or not it is real.

LdN
Binged on the first five episodes on Sunday night and finished up last night. Wow. That's all I got.

That scene where the girl’s arm was ripped off was insane. Back to work 7 days later!!

2 episodes in and it’s so damn bizarre.

I just randomly start singing “I SAW TIGERRRRR...AND TIGER SAW MAN” while walking around my house now!

Last edited:
Our local sports talk was raving about this yesterday. So my family watched two episodes last night. Thought it would be just about exotic joe and his legal battles. Omg were we wrong. The saga has so many layers. The cult world is shocking on top of it all. Can’t wait to continue watching. So bizarre. 100% on rotten and almost 5 stars on Netflix. Warning wouldn’t watch with young kids. Sexual references and lots of fbombs but that is part of the bizarre!

Reactions: LionDeNittany
When I lived in Myrtle Beach, Doc and his wife and sister used to come into it restaurant all the time. They’d order everything vegetarian, then box up whatever was left to give to the elephant.

Once his wife ordered the vegetarian version of our steak salad, but the server punched it in incorrectly. It arrived with steak on it, and she flipped out, saying it might as well have had a dead rat in it.

Overall, they were pretty nice, but a bit eccentric.

PS I’m only through the first episode, so I’m basing my opinion on my interactions with them, not what is presented in the show.

When I lived in Myrtle Beach, Doc and his wife and sister used to come into it restaurant all the time. They’d order everything vegetarian, then box up whatever was left to give to the elephant.

Once his wife ordered the vegetarian version of our steak salad, but the server punched it in incorrectly. It arrived with steak on it, and she flipped out, saying it might as well have had a dead rat in it.

Overall, they were pretty nice, but a bit eccentric.

PS I’m only through the first episode, so I’m basing my opinion on my interactions with them, not what is presented in the show.

I guess my question is... which wife?

Reactions: PSUHarry33
Not in the show, but when he left the park, he checked himself into a 7 day inpatient psychiatric hospital, then moved to Norway and never came back. In fact, they interviewed him in Oslo for the show.

That makes sense. His interview is great though. Very well done.

LdN
I started watching this the other day. I had no idea to the tie in to Big Cat Rescue outside Tampa, but I have reservations there at the end of April. The whole trip will certainly be canceled. This is all to celebrate my wife's 60th. We had a full week planned in the Sarasota area, including fossil hunting on the Peace river, bar/restaurant tours, mangrove kayak trips, and big cat rescue. We'll see how it all turns out, but should I be more worried about the owner of Big Cat, or Corona? :eek:

I started watching this the other day. I had no idea to the tie in to Big Cat Rescue outside Tampa, but I have reservations there at the end of April. The whole trip will certainly be canceled. This is all to celebrate my wife's 60th. We had a full week planned in the Sarasota area, including fossil hunting on the Peace river, bar/restaurant tours, mangrove kayak trips, and big cat rescue. We'll see how it all turns out, but should I be more worried about the owner of Big Cat, or Corona? :eek:

I love the scene where the owner of Big Cat calls the other groups cults and then the show goes into how she has 100s of people working for her for free and they have a T-shirt system. It's hilarious.

LdN

I love the scene where the owner of Big Cat calls the other groups cults and then the show goes into how she has 100s of people working for her for free and they have a T-shirt system. It's hilarious.

LdN
I haven't watched the whole thing, but the only difference of her place, versus the others, is that she doesn't breed the cats. But, are any large cat owners psychologically stable? The guy in Myrtle Beach with his 3-4 wives and he being the "lord"? Guy in Oklahoma with his ex-cons and him having a triple gay wedding? The lady in Tampa with thoughts that she killed he husband right after he decided to divorce her (body never found) and she inherited the $10-20 million plus her swarms of volunteers that work there way up the list with different color shirts for years of service? Interesting items was that there are more Big Cats in North America now, than in the wild in the whole world. Amazing on all accounts

Last edited:
Reactions: NedFromYork
I haven't watched the whole thing, but the only difference of her place, versus the others, is that she doesn't breed the cats. But, are any large cat owners psychologically stable? The guy in Myrtle Beach with his 3-4 wives and he being the "lord"? Guy in Oklahoma with his ex-cons and him having a triple gay wedding? The lady in Tampa with thoughts that she killed he husband right after he decided to divorce her (body never found) and she inherited the $10-20 million plus her swarms of volunteers that work there way up the list with different color shirts for years of service? Interesting items was that there are more Big Cats in North America now, than in the wild in the whole world. Amazing on all accounts
That I find hard to believe.

I've watched 4 episodes, and I can't believe you guys are telling me it's going to get crazier.

1 - Carole definitely killed her husband and fed him to Tigers.
2 - Carole is definitely no better than the other big cat owners, she just does it under the guise of rescue.
3 - It's truly sad how susceptible some are to cults, and how many are willing to take advantage of that.
4 - Joe absolutely burned that place down and boiled those crocs, so he can stop pretending he cares about animals.
5 - How many absolutely bat shit crazy stories like this can there be that we still haven't even heard about?

I didn't even know that this was a show but I read an excellent long form article about this guy last year....really odd stuff

That is Joe making fun of Carole at Big Cat Rescue in Florida. It really got bitter and was stoked by the Real TV productions. It really is hard to believe this isn't all staged. You couldn't write a fiction book this crazy. And I'd be careful as Husband #3 for Carole. Guessing he doesn't purposely carry a large insurance claim.

Now, when I look at all of these idiots with big cats in FL, SC, and OK, and think that their average IQ is probably 100, and then half the American people are dumber than that(!?). Got to be all of those workers and volunteers. But that said, the ladies in SC were not bad looking (in a crazy sort of way). And, these are his fricken wives. Pictures below before flags are thrown
rajani-ferrante-female-animal-trainer-myrtle-beach-safari.jpg

china-york-female-animal-trainer-myrtle-beach-safari.jpg

moksha-bybee-female-liger-trainer-myrtle-beach-safari.jpg

myrtle-beach-safari-caring-facilities-ligers.jpg

liger-hercules-myrtle-beach-safari-visits-london.jpg

That is Joe making fun of Carole at Big Cat Rescue in Florida. It really got bitter and was stoked by the Real TV productions. It really is hard to believe this isn't all staged. You couldn't write a fiction book this crazy. And I'd be careful as Husband #3 for Carole. Guessing he doesn't purposely carry a large insurance claim.

Now, when I look at all of these idiots with big cats in FL, SC, and OK, and think that their average IQ is probably 100, and then half the American people are dumber than that(!?). Got to be all of those workers and volunteers. But that said, the ladies in SC were not bad looking (in a crazy sort of way). And, these are his fricken wives. Pictures below before flags are thrown
rajani-ferrante-female-animal-trainer-myrtle-beach-safari.jpg

china-york-female-animal-trainer-myrtle-beach-safari.jpg

moksha-bybee-female-liger-trainer-myrtle-beach-safari.jpg

myrtle-beach-safari-caring-facilities-ligers.jpg

liger-hercules-myrtle-beach-safari-visits-london.jpg

Oh yeah I know the background on the video. It is simply amazing to me.

LdN

Reactions: CentexLion
There was a podcast that detailed the whole thing called Over My Dead Body. I listened to it last summer. Everybody involved is the worst person possible. Fascinating, but full of just terrible people all around.

EDIT: From what I've heard this documentary does not focus on Joe as much as the podcast I listened to did. Joe is a ****ing sociopath who is very, very dangerous.

Last edited:
I definitely called all of Exotic Joe's boy toys smoking meth. They show up at 18, muscular, then throughout the show they have less and less teeth and they are making sandwiches out of the expired meat that wal mart throws away.

Reactions: PSUHarry33
I've been on Netflix a fair amount lately, but locked into some regular shows. Didn't even have this on the radar. Preview definitely bizzare world.

Link to a preview blip for those who have not seen this freak show.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=tiger+king+netflix&view=detail&mid=A0415793817DA53A125EA0415793817DA53A125E&FORM=VIRE0&ru=/search?q=tiger+king+netflix&qs=FT&pq=tiger+king&sk=FT1&sc=8-10&cvid=49D1095A59D645688F5B56C076B25080&FORM=QBRE&sp=2
Watched two episodes. It wasn’t for me, but quite the freak show

No one has mentioned the crazy Scarface like person in Miami who became a huge drug dealer to fund his exotic animal addiction. He went from life in prison to 12 years and still has his pets

https://www.motherjones.com/politic...e-cocaine-kingpin-lobbying-congress-big-cats/

we are 4 episodes in now. It continues to get more crazy each one. I can see why this is the top Netflix program right now.

I did not take away he was a dealer to fund his pets. His father was in his drug business.

That being said I think that was the most honest person on the show...

"Technically I didnt take a circular sale to that mans head, but I was in the room so I did the time"

LdN

I did not take away he was a dealer to fund his pets. His father was in his drug business.

That being said I think that was the most honest person on the show...

"Technically I didnt take a circular sale to that mans head, but I was in the room so I did the time"

LdN
Early in episode 2 he stated clearly that he sold drugs to fund his pet habit

in that case, I reccommed you watch "Don't F*** with Cats" on netflix.
I did watch that (and while parts were hard to watch) I found it fascinating.

I guess my point was that no one (outside of real zoos and animal rehabilitation centers) should keep wild animals. Domesticated animals are obviously a different story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT