ADVERTISEMENT

Johnny Football on Netflix

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
this is funny and sad at the same time. You have to believe that TA&M knew more than they've ever let on. Regardless, what the agent goes through to get him a good draft pick is unreal.

I should also note that several in CLE are saying a lot of what is in the Netflix show isn't true. Netflix paid Manziel a lot of money for this and it is their side of the story. It is suggested that the real story has been "enhanced" to make sure the show is entertaining. But I wouldn't put anything past this guy in terms of lies, deception and outright chicanery.

Reactions: bison13
I turned it on late last night and got to the point where the agent was packing Pedialyte into the hotel to dilute the urine. Then I fell asleep.

My guess, that's probably embellished a little or the NFL isn't screening all that hard. Common thing that gets done and usually forces a re-piss with an observer.

Oil money story was kinda funny the way they meshed the talking heads repeating it as nauseum.

Winning heals and hides flaws.

I thought the most interesting part was how his sudden fame sort of crushed him. One minute you’re in high school, and next thing you know, you’re on ESPN daily and super wealthy old men are fawning all over you.

He was very immature, and made many poor choices, but interesting commentary on the pressure put on very young guys, and how many just can’t handle it.

I thought the most interesting part was how his sudden fame sort of crushed him. One minute you’re in high school, and next thing you know, you’re on ESPN daily and super wealthy old men are fawning all over you.

He was very immature, and made many poor choices, but interesting commentary on the pressure put on very young guys, and how many just can’t handle it.

I also think there was a good deal of not knowing how to adapt when his natural born gifts were alone not enough to be successful in the NFL. He had gotten up thru College ball being able to just rely on "I am just so good at this" that he did not have to do any real prep or film study or learn how to read a defense. That can get you far in college football, but once you hit the NFL that's going to catch up to you.

And it did, and he did not know what to do and just spiraled.

I also think there was a good deal of not knowing how to adapt when his natural born gifts were alone not enough to be successful in the NFL. He had gotten up thru College ball being able to just rely on "I am just so good at this" that he did not have to do any real prep or film study or learn how to read a defense. That can get you far in college football, but once you hit the NFL that's going to catch up to you.

And it did, and he did not know what to do and just spiraled.
Agree. Ringo Starr said that you've got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues. I've known a lot of people that came into fame or fortune suddenly and without earning it. More often than not, their windfall ends up being detrimental overall.

He seems like an entitled a-hole - whiner who was born on third base and when everything stopped being handed to him he folded. Life is a lot tougher for most people and they fight through it. He was never going to be without a safety net.

Agree. Ringo Starr said that you've got to pay your dues if you want to sing the blues. I've known a lot of people that came into fame or fortune suddenly and without earning it. More often than not, their windfall ends up being detrimental overall.
Easy money in is easy money out. I preach that to my 3 boys all the time.

Reactions: Obliviax
He seems like an entitled a-hole - whiner who was born on third base and when everything stopped being handed to him he folded. Life is a lot tougher for most people and they fight through it. He was never going to be without a safety net.
If he really was bipolar, then a lot of his behavior is understandable. I’m familiar with some people who battle that and it causes them to do some weird stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT