ADVERTISEMENT

I don't look forward to watching this team

I think everybody is over looking something.

Everyone wants to see the stars compete, and complain it's boring when they do.

The stars sit and give backups the spotlight and you bitch. .All while the backups are giving you the excitement that you speak of.

I really don't get it!

2-4xer's?

There are only five.

2 in one season didn't happen, even with the odds stacked highly in its favor.

What are the chances PSU, let alone the nation, gets 2 this year?

Who is more likely to be upset?

Who could potentially be the one to, upset?

Though I do think Brooks is actually the better, I see Starocci as the clear favorite to win 4, way easier path.

197 is deeper this year compared to last. I know everybody is underestimating Hidlay this year but he is a hammer, a man on a mission this year!

I am only saying, both getting on top of the podium is not as easy as some here think it's going to be!

Even if you're bored now🙄, come March you won't be!

I think everybody is over looking something.

Everyone wants to see the stars compete, and complain it's boring when they do.

The stars sit and give backups the spotlight and you bitch. .All while the backups are giving you the excitement that you speak of.

I really don't get it!
Everyone? Nope, some, probably most, are thrilled with both the stars and the guys that have stepped in and done a fantastic job!

2-4xer's?

There are only five.

2 in one season didn't happen, even with the odds stacked highly in its favor.

What are the chances PSU, let alone the nation, gets 2 this year?

Who is more likely to be upset?

Who could potentially be the one to, upset?

Though I do think Brooks is actually the better, I see Starocci as the clear favorite to win 4, way easier path.

197 is deeper this year compared to last. I know everybody is underestimating Hidlay this year but he is a hammer, a man on a mission this year!

I am only saying, both getting on top of the podium is not as easy as some here think it's going to be!

Even if you're bored now🙄, come March you won't be!

Rest assured, AB isn't underestimating Hidlay. History is going to be made in March. (I'm wondering if 174 or 197 will be the featured championship match.)

Reactions: FatWoodchuck
wondering if 174 or 197 will be the featured championship match
Probably doesn't matter much. The privilege of being the featured match will likely cede the privilege of becoming PSU's first 4xer.

I think it will depend on whether 2nd place is on the line in some finals head-to-head or there is a pair of undefeateds facing off in a final.

Then again, they could just start with one and end with the other, so the evening could have PSU 4xers as its bookends.

Reactions: KCLion
Probably doesn't matter much. The privilege of being the featured match will likely cede the privilege of becoming PSU's first 4xer.

I think it will depend on whether 2nd place is on the line in some finals head-to-head or there is a pair of undefeateds facing off in a final.

Then again, they could just start with one and end with the other, so the evening could have PSU 4xers as its bookends.
Not really. Truax is in between the two.

Reactions: ccdiver
I'm not sure how you guys can watch this team and feel good about their performance this year. They are just okay. Lacking so much talent and big moves. I haven't seen a spladle all year. Bow and arrows have been replaced by boring takedowns. Rough I tell ya. Maybe next year "We" will be better. I hope so, or I'm likely not renewing my season tickets

I view it as a tie - sort of like Suriano's being "Rutgers' first national champ" because his weight class wrestled before Ashnault's. To me, if you won in the same season, there's no reason to anoint one over the other because of an accident.

I view it as a tie - sort of like Suriano's being "Rutgers' first national champ" because his weight class wrestled before Ashnault's. To me, if you won in the same season, there's no reason to anoint one over the other because of an accident.
Yep, I would call both our first 4x’er, one does not get preference just because of an order the NCAA choses to wrestle the finals.

You all are making me very nervous with this double four timers talk!!! One bad flu bug or bad official…Stop tempting fate!
Stop It Neil Patrick Harris GIF

I'm not sure how you guys can watch this team and feel good about their performance this year. They are just okay. Lacking so much talent and big moves. I haven't seen a spladle all year. Bow and arrows have been replaced by boring takedowns. Rough I tell ya. Maybe next year "We" will be better. I hope so, or I'm likely not renewing my season tickets
Thanks to the 5 second stalling count if your hand breezes near the leg….the Bow and Arrow (and some cradle attempts) have been neutered.

Right now, combine that with the 3 pt TD and the main objective of wrestling…to pin…is suddenly thrown by the wayside.

They no longer necessarily do matches in weight order from a starting weight for the finals. Also, Bernie isn't a PSU potential 4x champ. So I don't understand your point.
Have they ever gone not in order from wherever they started?

Are you envisioning 197 then 184 then 285, 125, 133, etc.?

Have they ever gone not in order from wherever they started?

Are you envisioning 197 then 184 then 285, 125, 133, etc.?
I don't know that they ever have. I am more anticipating the next evolution of finals programming.

If there's no head-to-head with 2nd place on the line or a sole undefeated finals to make last, then I anticipate they'll start at 184 to end at 174, in order. Personally, I would like to see 165 last IF the finals is between the Askren boys. And that very well could be the last match.

174 has a 4xer and chance for two undefeated past Champions to meet. It could also be a finals rematch. Additionally, there is a good chance Carter would provide better hype build up press material than any other finalist. It could make an highly anticipated 165 finals the penultimate match.

197 could be similar, a 4xer, a battle of undefeateds, a finals rematch.

They no longer necessarily do matches in weight order from a starting weight for the finals. Also, Bernie isn't a PSU potential 4x champ. So I don't understand your point.
He was thinking they went in order (usually) and the 184 final would be in between. Here’s hoping that Bernie is in between those finals, but not likely.

Sure we have 2 likely 4xers and 5 ranked #1 but I seemed to get more excited about watching the guys from Cael's earlier teams much more.

There is nobody doing crazy and outlandish things like in days past.

There seems to be no "must see TV"

Don't get me wrong, I still watch the crap out of PSU wrestling but the highlight reel is not as much fun to share as it was in the past
Cael’s team says how do you like me know, @LorenzoFan? 😉😎😁

Years from now there’ll be folks saying, the teams not as exciting as those teams with Levi and Mitchell and Brooks and CStar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Creek Side
Cael’s team says how do you like me know, @LorenzoFan? 😉😎😁

Years from now there’ll be folks saying, the teams not as exciting as those teams with Levi and Mitchell and Brooks and CStar.

Well, LorenzoFan appears to be true to his word. His profile status says "Last seen Yesterday at 10:45 AM." So he truly checked out before the action even started on Thursday.

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️🧐🤔

This thread aged like fine milk.
I was thinking the same thing, but you beat me to it. I need to get some sleep but my adrenaline is still elevated after tonight’s semis. It’s a lot like I felt after the semis in 2011.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT