ADVERTISEMENT

"The Game"

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
...is not Ohio State vs Michigan.
...is not Harvard vs Yale

"The Game" is, was, and always will be...

Army vs Navy.

Period.

End of story.

Reactions: GSPMax
Army vs Navy is almost in a different category in my mind compared to the other rivalries.

In terms of ‘the game’ in major college football I think more of Alabama vs Auburn, Florida State vs Miami, or USC vs UCLA. Growing up, Michigan vs Ohio State was never a game we paid attention to really.

All these rivalry games are horseshit anymore. Other than Army-Navy. Nobody cares unless you have a dollar riding. OSU-UM is going to be an afterthought after all Michigan's wins are vacated this year and the league grows.

I can't think of another conference where two specific teams are catered to so that they're in the biggest game of the season every single year. It's one of the positives of league expansion. This bullshit will end.

All these rivalry games are horseshit anymore. Other than Army-Navy. Nobody cares unless you have a dollar riding. OSU-UM is going to be an afterthought after all Michigan's wins are vacated this year and the league grows.

I can't think of another conference where two specific teams are catered to so that they're in the biggest game of the season every single year. It's one of the positives of league expansion. This bullshit will end.
Which is why Army Navy IS the game

Reactions: jbenedict
Queen_The_Game.png

Reactions: Psubiomed
As an Army vet, I would agree with you but TV ratings - year in and year out - disagree with you
It's my favorite game of the year and I am a life long, born into it Penn State fan. Nothing can touch it. Just the passion of the Cadets and the Midshipmen...the way the stadium is sold out no matter what the records are, the way the game is almost always close right to the wire.
Hell, it almost makes Danielson tolerable because even he loves it so much. It just means more. More to both sides, more to the fans, and it goes all the way up there the five star Generals...it's just awesome.

Reactions: jbenedict
Army-Navy is something everyone can watch and enjoy as it represent America but ratings determine which game is "the game"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT