ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you opt out players

It’s now called the Little NFL you go to school to be a football player now it’s not about academics anymore you are paid from day 1 until you leave. If you want to see a college football game now go and watch the state colleges or Gettysburg, Franklin and Marshall or one like those
Can we please stop pretending FBS hasn't been this for 30-40 years?

Reactions: indoorgolf
It’s now called the Little NFL you go to school to be a football player now it’s not about academics anymore you are paid from day 1 until you leave. If you want to see a college football game now go and watch the state colleges or Gettysburg, Franklin and Marshall or one like those
I watched a lot of the FCS playoff games. Those were good games

By this same logic Saquon Barkley, Chris Godwin, Micah Parsons, Parker Washington, Brenton Strange and host more all quit on their team. Not just for a bowl game but for an entire season or more.
There is no difference. None. If your saying everyone should honor their entire commitment to a university then your saying everyone should expire their entire eligibility, which basically NEVER happens with a top prospect type player.
Olu would have been a top 15 NFL pick last year, he came back, he owes Penn State nothing. Penn State owes him everything, model student and teammate. Some dude on his couch eating Cheetos watching a game ostracizing for not playing in a second rate bowl game. Hilarious.
Glad you got a laugh and I enjoy your fantasy of the Cheetos couch potato. You don’t know me and you don’t know $hit demonstrated perfectly. This will destroy bowls as it gets more prevalent.

Reactions: joeaubie21
Glad you got a laugh and I enjoy your fantasy of the Cheetos couch potato. You don’t know me and you don’t know $hit demonstrated perfectly. This will destroy bowls as it gets more prevalent.

I am surprised they kept the plates spinning as long as they have; the bowls started becoming really stupid about 20 years ago. eventually it will come crashing down and a lot of bowls will be gone

Man, looks like my thousands of dollars spent showing up to this game to support the team weren’t well spent as the players and even coaches didn’t even show up.

It’s probably the last bowl game I go to. Very anticlimactic seeing so little value for the money.
I felt like that with our bowl game in Tampa against Arkansas a few years ago. We were at Clearwater Beach, and wished we had stayed on the beach rather than went to the game. Lesson learned. Hence why I didn’t even bother making the 4 hour drive to the ATL for the game today.

Bullshit. I'm sitting here watching Georgia destroying Florida State and a grand total of ONE player opted out for a Georgia team that is probably one of the 3 best teams in the nation with not a single god damn thing to play for.

So go **** yourself with any defense of these dudes CONTINUING TO LEAVE EARLY YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR WITH FRANKLIN ENCOURAGING THEM.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Bullshit. I'm sitting here watching Georgia destroying Florida State and a grand total of ONE player opted out for a Georgia team that is probably one of the 3 best teams in the nation with not a single god damn thing to play for.

So go **** yourself with any defense of these dudes CONTINUING TO LEAVE EARLY YEAR AFTER YEAR AFTER YEAR WITH FRANKLIN ENCOURAGING THEM.
About 90 opted out for FSU

I am surprised they kept the plates spinning as long as they have; the bowls started becoming really stupid about 20 years ago. eventually it will come crashing down and a lot of bowls will be gone
We sold out our bowl today regardless how stupid you think it is. People paid good money to watch our team. People not getting ready for 6 figure salaries.

We sold out our bowl today regardless how stupid you think it is. People paid good money to watch our team. People not getting ready for 6 figure salaries.
this is considered a fairly big bowl game and would probably be one of a few that survive no matter what. i am talking about the system as a whole and there are a lot of really stupid bowls that already have terrible attendance

Last year Parker Washington leaves early for the SIXTH ROUND. HELL OUR OWN D LINE COACH LEFT EARLY AND WASN'T DRAFTED 😂

this is considered a fairly big bowl game and would probably be one of a few that survive no matter what. i am talking about the system as a whole and there are a lot of really stupid bowls that already have terrible attendance
I agree with you. The dumb bowls with losing teams will fail first. Which is sad in a way because they are full of players that won’t sniff the nfl. This is the last game many will play in their career.

If you keep adapting to nonsense then you're going down with the ship. We are adapting all over the place and look at what you have.
What do we have? You're upset about a freaking bowl game that is designed to reward the players
There is a playoff--these games don't matter. Accept that. Nothing you do or say is going to change that. We have to accept this isn't the 80s and bowl games, outside the playoff, will never, ever matter again.

You are using a lot of vile language today.
Careful you don’t get reported

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
They don’t owe the fans anything? Where would they be if no fans came to the games or watched it on TV? I’d say they owe the fans everything.
Khloe Kardashian Winner GIF by Bunim/Murray Productions

And Bowers is coming off an injury in which he missed some games. Don't blame him for missing. As I have no issue with Chop sitting out.

While we're telling stories, my friend was a 2 year starter on team that won a Fiesta Bowl and a team captain on a team that finished in the top 10.
When he arrived he was a beast with a 4.0 GPA and amazing athletic ability when he left he had 2 knee surgeries, was a 2.5 student, spent years in physical rehabilitation, was so beat up physically he didn't get a look from the NFL. Couldn't pass a physical.
He made the fans happy though. Got lots of cool athletic gear for free though. I mean what would he know, he only did it and is now a college football coach.
So then he is still successful. He has a career, maybe not the one he envisioned, but he obviously received his education and overcame those obstacles to build a life.

What do we have? You're upset about a freaking bowl game that is designed to reward the players
There is a playoff--these games don't matter. Accept that. Nothing you do or say is going to change that. We have to accept this isn't the 80s and bowl games, outside the playoff, will never, ever matter again.
I'm fine with it but I think what's happening is a disgrace. If you feel differently than that's okay

Of course. It's great. I played college sports for one year before deciding not to continue. I did not get any aid. It's great, cool experiences. However when the program is churning out massive amounts of money and 95% of the team is never going to get a professional paycheck they are using those athletes in a much larger way than the student is using them for the experience. There is some symbiosis but it's become completely out of whack. That's why we have NIL, everyone from EA sports to the Alabama athletic department was over profiting on teenage kids with athletic ability.

The reckoning has arrived and it's here to stay. Just check the finances of your NIL collective to confirm it.
Student athletes have always received more than people seem to realize. I paid for college for both of my kids…that’s a hell of a lot of money. Add in meal plans that athletes get, the free clothing and gear, the stipend they get and so on and they’re getting quite a bit more than most people get from a full time job. The poor athlete that never got a thing has been gone for a long time and none of them are forced to do it. It gets old hearing they were some kind of indentured servant.

Only a moron would complain about Olu, Chop and Kalen not playing. It's a tremendously dumb take that lacks any type of understanding of what the game is and what it means to a player. There is no possible way any of those guys should be playing in this game. The team has 100 players, use them get them experience for the next season top be in the top 12 at the end of the season.
If Johnny Dixon plays and gets rolled up on like Abdul Carter did he might not be able to run a great time at the combine, which may cost him significant money come draft day.
Hasn't college always been about preparing the student for the best opportunity post college?

Reactions: indoorgolf

You really must think our players are just stupid kids with no ability to make decisions for themselves and are only capable of doing what their coach tells them. You have no idea what is being discussed and what Franklin does in these situations. Your hatred of Franklin is so far out there you lack any ability to reason. It’s definitely time for you to find a new team with a coach who does everything right. And Georgia did have a reason to play, they wanted to prove they belonged in the CFP. That’s more of a reason than most of the teams had to play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT