ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation growing that Chase Young will be ruled ineligible for season

I'm in no way a "holier than thou type" but, that's not going to stop me from taking joy in seeing OSU getting busted for cheating. If it happens to us some time down the road, then we'll deal with.

Or, maybe after the way we were treated by all, we don't give a crap about what we say regarding other situations.

Reactions: Ski
A small loan to make ends meet? Yeah those are called Pell Grants.
I remember when I was a student trying to make ends meet and I got my parents a $40 gift card to Olive Garden for their anniversary. They were very appreciative. I can’t imagine what their reaction would have been if I had flown them out to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl.

Over on eleven warriors there are idiots speculating that this is either a plot by James Franklin or someone on the UMD staff. LOL.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...not-play-against-maryland-per-report#comments

"RBloodworth 2 HOURS AGO
I obviously have no direct knowledge of this, but, if I were a betting man, I'd say that this has something to do with James Franklin and Penn State. He still has a great deal of ties in the DMV area, and this just reeks of the kind of dickhead move that he would pull to get an edge.

+ 1 HS
MaxMermelstein's picture
MaxMermelstein 55 MINUTES AGO
Doubtful. This isn't going to benefit PSU unless it's a 3-game suspension.

Chase is from Maryland, and I don't think it's a coincidence we play Maryland this week. So if I was betting, I'd said it's somebody from there. And with a 44-point spread, somebody may have bet heavily on Maryland to cover this week...

For two decades OSU has had some sort of issues involving players, transfers, fluff classes, money etc., and yet nothing serious is done. Fans complain about the SEC, but this pales in comparison. If you want to punish CY let him sit out PSU and Michigan, it would send a message to the rest of the team, odds are he'll sit out the bowl due to probabilities of injury and draft status anyway.

Reactions: m48tank
Can someone clarify something for me. Is this Tim guy the person who gave him the loan, the person representing him now, or both?

Reactions: odshowtime
Looks like agent regs and Ohio laws were broken. Wonder if it will be more than a two game suspension since this was an agent and not just some rabid booster?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-who-loaned-money-to-chase-young-is-an-agent/
The problems become potentially more significant when the person making the payment is an NFLPA-certified agent. Per a league source, the “family friend” who loaned money to Ohio State defensive end Chase Young is an NFLPA-certified agent.

Even though the money, according to Young, has been repaid, the mere act of extending the loan constitutes an apparent violation of applicable NFLPA regulations and Ohio law.

The NFLPA prohibits agents from “[p]roviding or offering money or any other thing of value to any player or prospective player to induce or encourage that player to utilize his/her services.” Ohio law provides that agents may not “[l]oan or advance money to an athlete or the family or friends of an athlete in connection with the recruitment or solicitation of the athlete.”

Thus, while this story will take certain potential twists and turns as it relates to Young, it also will take certain potential twists and turns as it relates to the agent. And it could end up being a bigger problem for the agent than for Young.

Reactions: flash86
Can someone clarify something for me. Is this Tim guy the person who gave him the loan, the person representing him now, or both?
It's a lawyer hired to represent him now to restore his eligibility.

Curtis Enis accepted a suit from an agent. Joe found out about it right away, looked Enis in the eye, and asked him if it were true. Enis said it was true, and Joe kicked him off the team -- a couple weeks before a bowl game against a quality Florida team.

Let's see how Tosu's response compares if the ncaa does not force their hand with young. So far, Tosu has only suspended young for a meaningless game. It also appears that Tosu is on board with young fighting to stay on the team.

Over on eleven warriors there are idiots speculating that this is either a plot by James Franklin or someone on the UMD staff. LOL.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio...not-play-against-maryland-per-report#comments

"RBloodworth 2 HOURS AGO
I obviously have no direct knowledge of this, but, if I were a betting man, I'd say that this has something to do with James Franklin and Penn State. He still has a great deal of ties in the DMV area, and this just reeks of the kind of dickhead move that he would pull to get an edge.

+ 1 HS
MaxMermelstein's picture
MaxMermelstein 55 MINUTES AGO
Doubtful. This isn't going to benefit PSU unless it's a 3-game suspension.

Chase is from Maryland, and I don't think it's a coincidence we play Maryland this week. So if I was betting, I'd said it's somebody from there. And with a 44-point spread, somebody may have bet heavily on Maryland to cover this week...
Young will be playing against Penn State - you can bet your bippee on that!

Last edited:
I said this in the den. The kids dad is a retired sheriff and his mom works for the NHTSA (government agency). PLUS he’s on full ride at tOSU. What the EFF does this kid or his family need a “small loan” for? This SCREAMS of improper benefits.

Also.... and I haven’t seen this yet.... let’s not forget who’s watch this all happened under at tOSU.... add it to the list of things that UM has left in his wake. How anyone would want to hire him, after his demonstrated history of winning at any cost then pulling the pin and dropping the grenade as he walks out the door, is beyond me.

Curtis Enis accepted a suit from an agent. Joe found out about it right away, looked Enis in the eye, and asked him if it were true. Enis said it was true, and Joe kicked him off the team -- a couple weeks before a bowl game against a quality Florida team.

Let's see how Tosu's response compares if the ncaa does not force their hand with young. So far, Tosu has only suspended young for a meaningless game. It also appears that Tosu is on board with young fighting to stay on the team.

That paid off big time for Joe when the Sandusky stuff hit, as he was given the benefit of the doubt by all for his integrity. Okay, almost all...……..be right back...………
face-with-open-mouth-vomiting_1f92e.png

That was my only experience with something similar as well. Although on social media today I'm reading a lot of posts about how a Kentucky player was found to have taken money from an agent and only received a 1 game suspension. So who knows.

For two decades OSU has had some sort of issues involving players, transfers, fluff classes, money etc., and yet nothing serious is done. Fans complain about the SEC, but this pales in comparison. If you want to punish CY let him sit out PSU and Michigan, it would send a message to the rest of the team, odds are he'll sit out the bowl due to probabilities of injury and draft status anyway.
Why should he have to sit out vs PSU and UM just to "send a message". It sounds like you and the other PSU fans complaining about him coming back in time for those games are just scared to see him on the field.

You guys dodged Nick Bosa last year via injury and now you want to dodge Chase Young? Come on now.

Why should he have to sit out vs PSU and UM just to "send a message". It sounds like you and the other PSU fans complaining about him coming back in time for those games are just scared to see him on the field.

You guys dodged Nick Bosa last year via injury and now you want to dodge Chase Young? Come on now.
We just want you guys to play by the same rules as everyone else. If you are cheating, accept the consequences when you get caught.

Dodged? He was injured....wink, wink. Just like this was a family friend. LOL.

It will not go down like it did with Joe - you can bet on that!

Come on guys, let O$U cheat. Please!

We just want you guys to play by the same rules as everyone else. If you are cheating, accept the consequences when you get caught.
If a family friend indeed loaned him money so his parents could see him play in the Rose Bowl, and he paid them back, there should be at maximum a two game suspension for it (really should be 0 but **** the NCAA and its outdated rules)

Why should that suspension be 3 or 4 games because the opponents happened to be PSU and UM? That doesn't make sense.

nope, I want him out there, just tired of the horseshiat cheating that your team so consistently gets away with. Our guy is sitting for spitting against an 8-0 team, but you bet this kid will be back despite taking money from an agent. F off with that nonsense.

I think Chase might have the same affliction as Urbz does, the one where it makes you forget things. It would explain everything.
Maybe they import the water from Flint...

If a family friend indeed loaned him money so his parents could see him play in the Rose Bowl, and he paid them back, there should be at maximum a two game suspension for it (really should be 0 but **** the NCAA and its outdated rules)

Why should that suspension be 3 or 4 games because the opponents happened to be PSU and UM? That doesn't make sense.

why didnt the "family friend" give it to the family and let them pay it back instead of the student athlete?

nope, I want him out there, just tired of the horseshiat cheating that your team so consistently gets away with. Our guy is sitting for spitting against an 8-0 team, but you bet this kid will be back despite taking money from an agent. F off with that nonsense.
Youre naive if you think PSU isn't doing the same shit and not self reporting it. Same for Clemson and Alabama and all those other teams down south.

Reactions: lemontlion

giphy.gif

Reactions: NedFromYork

His punishment certainly depends on many factors. It now appears that this "family friend" is an agent. That's a much bigger problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT