ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation growing that Chase Young will be ruled ineligible for season

Shelton is being taught life lessons. From James and the other coaches. That will last a lifetime. And help him achieve greatness off the field. On the flip side you have Young who is being taught. From Ohio State coaches. A whole different mindset. W or L in the shoe. In my eyes those boys in the blue and white have already won. They have all the tools in front of them for greatness. On and off the field.

I hate us.

I love this, especially the second tweet.....NOT from an agent.....Not from anyone associated with OSU....."

How in the F! would you know it was not from anyone associated with OSU, goober?
And if it was not from anyone associated with OSU, then what? Total anonymous donation off the street? Stranger just walked up with 3 grand and gave it to his mom? GTFO here with that happy horsesh!t.
It was his attorney who is a Wisconsin graduate - supposedly

Why does this guy have a lawyer? How is he paying said lawyer? How did he pay lawyer back from “lawyer”? Where did he earn the money for paying or back? When did OSU know? Who is his lawyer? Any connections to boosters or agents?

Seriously?
Did you give a seconds thought?

They (Bama and ND) obviously were well ahead of OSU. It wasn't even close.
OSU was, at best, an also ran - - - even if they weren't on "probation".
Its not even debatable.... because the formula was pre-set back then.

Not only were both ND and Alabama ahead of OSU in the polls (and among anyone who used any common sense in evaluating the season), but those BCS rankings were essentially "Quant + The Polls".... so its easy enough to see where OSU would have been if not ruled ineligible - - - - and they weren't close to Alabama (or ND)

Don't you remember how the BCS stuff was calculated?

Here is a link - as a for instance - to the Sagarin rankings for 2012 (one of the Quants that was used in the BCS).

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2012/team/

Ohio State - at 12-0 - is THIRTEENTH in the Quant Evaluation.
They probably - despite a 3rd place rank in the AP - wouldn't have even been top 4 with the quant rankings added in...… not anywhere even close to being in the top 2, obviously.
The quants - do to OSU's ridiculously crappy schedule, AND their fistful of lousy games (including a couple OT games against crapper teams) - had OSU waaaaaaay back in the pack.

The numbers are worthless without a 13th data point against 10 win nebraska. What are the numbers with a 40 point win in the big ten championship game?

Young's tweet (which I guarantee was carefully written by others) went out of it's way to explicitly state it was someone he met before his freshman year, which is information nobody really asked or cared about. I'm reading that NCAA rules also have clauses that are unique for money from "pre-existing relationships."

Things that make you say hmmmmmmm...

Young's tweet (which I guarantee was carefully written by others) went out of it's way to explicitly state it was someone he met before his freshman year, which is information nobody really asked or cared about. I'm reading that NCAA rules also have clauses that are unique for money from "pre-existing relationships."

Except his definition of existing family friend doesn't match the NCAA's version

He'd already signed his LOI though and he enrolled before the summer started.

Reactions: OhioLion

Tosu’s position will be that the money was taken before he was enrolled at Tosu and that no one at Tosu knew about it until now. Therefore, don’t hold Tosu responsible. Let the kid play.

This is what Tosu is. It never changes.

Either it was a 'family friend that he met summer before freshman year' (which doesn't make any sense) or it was his lawyer. If its his lawyer, his tweet was a lie
plenty of people are friends with their lawyers, and agents too

...for taking money from an agent. On multiple OSU boards and twitter.

That’s a shame.

Oh come on now. We all know how this works. We are talking OSU here. When the Bucks needed a QB this year, the NCAA bought Fields bogus hardship claim and declared him immediately eligible. Viola instant National Championship contender. Does anyone for a minute think the NCAA is going to declare Young ineligible for the PSU game? Come on it was an honest mistake and he has paid back the loan (the source of the funds to do so are irrelevant skeptics). Now when it comes to imposing draconian sanctions on PSU for something that Herr Emmert admitted when announcing them the NCAA had no jurisdiction over (the committee has authorized me to go outside our normal rules to punish) the NCAA couldn’t wait to pile on.

He'd already signed his LOI though and he enrolled before the summer started.
I'm not implying it was a bag man for recruiting purposes. I'm saying that the tweet is trying to establish a "pre-existing relationship" narrative because apparently the NCAA has more allowance for payments and loans under those conditions. Why else would that nugget of information be in Chase's tweet? Nobody in the general public cared about that piece of information, yet it was offered up on a silver platter for us by whomever in OSU's compliance and legal department wrote that tweet for him.

Reactions: odshowtime
You're right..... 3+13 = 2

Sweet Jeebzus.... a simple "Thank You for clearing that up" would have sufficed :rolleyes:

So you can't say what the computers would have been with the big ten champ game? You cleared up nothing, because you can't factor what would have been the best game on Ohio State's schedule not being played into your defense.

A simple, "I don't know what those numbers would be" would have sufficed.

Oh it’s cute you think it was really a family friend.

giphy.gif
Maybe wolve was the family friend who loaned him the money

Well.... so long as we have definitive word from a reliable and informed source :rolleyes:

FWIW, I ran this whole situation by my Dog.

He said "Arf Arf Woof Grooooowl Bark".... which is, as we all know, Labradorese for "Yeah, a lot of hallabaloo about what will end up being a nothing burger"

Then he asked for a treat - and wanted to go take a crap. Kinda' like the NCAA

th

Fonzie approves this message!

i.e - giving him some time off to rest before the final two games of the season.

Who knows. I'd bet OSU is just being smart and getting out in front of this.

I don't have any meaningful info on the specifics. But considering how well Meyer's programs have handled players willing to go outside the lines, I'd be surprised to learn the kid's season is over. If they can handle it and keep him, now's the time.

They'd love to have him but they don't need him to win. Biggest threat seems to be dark cloud, drama, distraction, etc.

I believe OSU self reported all of this so I doubt anything will be done to the school especially with the new regulations created and aimed at this exact type of thing. If anybody still believes CF is an amateur sport, they're just kidding themselves. Agents are on every CF campus aiming directly at the schools' stars. This has been going on in the SEC for years and to be quite honest, it's impossible to monitor kids' actions 24 hours a day

With that said, if Young did take money, he should be done at OSU - period - regardless of the upcoming changes. He broke the rules and must pay the penalty. Was also just reading that the other starting DE - Jon Cooper - is also out this week with an injury. The last 3 to 4 weeks could get interesting.
MORE interesting maybe. But with that stable of players and coaches, they'd need to lose a lot to become an underdog v. any team outside maybe the SEC.

I'm not implying it was a bag man for recruiting purposes. I'm saying that the tweet is trying to establish a "pre-existing relationship" narrative because apparently the NCAA has more allowance for payments and loans under those conditions. Why else would that nugget of information be in Chase's tweet? Nobody in the general public cared about that piece of information, yet it was offered up on a silver platter for us by whomever in OSU's compliance and legal department wrote that tweet for him.

Oh I know. Im just saying, the relationship doesn't predate his commitment to OSU and likely doesn't predate his enrollment in OSU. The only thing it predates is his first game.

I mean you (Chase and OSU in this case) can argue anything but I don't know how someone you met after you committed and enrolled qualifies as a preexisting relationship. Pre what?

Why does this guy have a lawyer? How is he paying said lawyer? How did he pay lawyer back from “lawyer”? Where did he earn the money for paying or back? When did OSU know? Who is his lawyer? Any connections to boosters or agents?

Lawyer trying to become a sports agent. Good move by him to become a "family friend" right before CY starts college.

Kudos to OSU for managing this in the hopes of a 2 game suspension. It happened last year and they had plenty pf time to deal with it.Good legal team earning their money.

...for taking money from an agent. On multiple OSU boards and twitter.

That’s a shame.

Kudos to the kid for having the foresight to get out ahead of the NCAA's new image marketing rules. Move along, there's nothing to see here. This will be resolved. The day before we play them.

ADVERTISEMENT