ADVERTISEMENT

Speculation growing that Chase Young will be ruled ineligible for season

That's pro football talk. You don't even know who the person is that is saying that. It's also 3 hours ago and not as recent as the information that has come out since. Swing and a miss
Sure we do. It's Mike Florio saying that. He wrote the article.

Check what I just posted

The harmless nothing-to-see-here version you're peddling makes no sense, man.

A "friend" of sudden vintage materializes to "loan" money to the young man so his parents could go to the Rose Bowl. Stop it, you're making me cry. I mean, laugh. No doubt Chase should be given a citizenship award for being such a good son. Please.

The harmless nothing-to-see-here version you're peddling makes no sense, man.

A "friend" of sudden vintage materializes to "loan" money to the young man so his parents could go to the Rose Bowl. Stop it, you're making me cry. I mean, laugh. No doubt Chase should be given a citizenship award for being such a good son. Please.
The relationship between mysterious friend and Chase goes back a few years before he receives the money. It's not like he borrowed the money day 1. You're talking 2+ years. Might want to get your facts a little straightened up.

If the money was paid back so quickly why did they need it in the 1st place? It was a gift from a person hoping to represent the young man when he turns pro plain and simple. The money was paid back because there was suspicion that the gift would come to light.

The whole thing is a cash advance/inducement from and agent any way you spin it.

His dad needed a few bucks to sign the pool at the Hosey.

Reactions: diontechristmas
The relationship between mysterious friend and Chase goes back a few years before he receives the money. It's not like he borrowed the money day 1. You're talking 2+ years. Might want to get your facts a little straightened up.
The relationship goes back to the summer before his freshman year at OSU (according to Chase himself). This means this is NOT a "preexisting" relationship for the purposes of the NCAA rules (i.e. the relationship did not start until Mr Young had signed with OSU).

Furthermore, it it was his parents that needed the money, why didn't they accept the gift directly from this "family friend"? There is not (I don't think) a rule against that (or if there is, it would be very, very difficult to prove any wrongdoing)? Why let the $$ flow through a student athlete and expose him to this issue?

Enjoy your day!

The Blue one doesn't go there.... dinglenuts. :)

th

Ok Truste...err, I mean...pissed off BWI poster!!

Sweet Jeebzuz :):(:rolleyes:

The relationship goes back to the summer before his freshman year at OSU (according to Chase himself). This means this is NOT a "preexisting" relationship for the purposes of the NCAA rules (i.e. the relationship did not start until Mr Young had signed with OSU).

Furthermore, it it was his parents that needed the money, why didn't they accept the gift directly from this "family friend"? There is not (I don't think) a rule against that (or if there is, it would be very, very difficult to prove any wrongdoing)? Why let the $$ flow through a student athlete and expose him to this issue?

For such a small issue, it seems like an awfully big issue, right? It's beyond a trend at this point. Our buckeye buddy seems to be tripping all over himself to rationalize yet another case of impermissible benefits for his boys.

Reactions: ralphster
If it really was an agent I'll own it, but I've heard nothing at all so far to suggest it was one. Until then it's just wishful thinking on your part.

It is so common for adults to give 18 year old college kids large unsecured loans of thousands of dollars. Happens every day! I sure it had NOTHING to do with football.

For such a small issue, it seems like an awfully big issue, right? It's beyond a trend at this point. Our buckeye buddy seems to be tripping all over himself to rationalize yet another case of impermissible benefits for his boys.
The fact that he already had a lawyer and a tweet teed up should tell you all you need to know. This is serious and they are trying minimize the damage.

You don’t believe that. You know you don’t. Just admit it.

Reactions: m48tank
Whats wrong is wrong. Why doesn't Chase just do what's right?

Why should he have to sit out vs PSU and UM just to "send a message". It sounds like you and the other PSU fans complaining about him coming back in time for those games are just scared to see him on the field.

You guys dodged Nick Bosa last year via injury and now you want to dodge Chase Young? Come on now.

I never said he didn't break the rules. But he shouldn't sit 3 or 4 games if the money came from a family friend. But the rule IS a bad one. He borrowed money from a family friend so his parents could watch him play a football game and he paid it back. Why should something like that even be illegal? Can you come up with a reason why something like that should be illegal? It's ridiculous how the NCAA treats some of these student athletes.
Not much of a friend if hes an agent and knowingly put the familys son in this position.

You might want to get yours straight.

Chase Young's own statement confirms they met the summer before his freshman year. So after he signed his LOI, and likely after he'd enrolled. The loan was in 2018. So if they met in June and he got the loan last December the absolute max they'd known each other is 18 months.

Antiquated rules or not....everyone has to abide by them. They might be crappy rules, but they exist.

If he's suspended later in the season, so be it. However, I do think the way this has come out was calculated by tOSU to hit them where it doesn't hurt. Maryland and Rutgers the next two weeks. Way too convenient.

Don't get me wrong, I want the kid to play, but the circumstances here are just dumb. Guy he met after committing to Ohio State lends him a few grand "loan" almost a year ago? Please.

Antiquated rules or not....everyone has to abide by them. They might be crappy rules, but they exist.

If he's suspended later in the season, so be it. However, I do think the way this has come out was calculated by tOSU to hit them where it doesn't hurt. Maryland and Rutgers the next two weeks. Way too convenient.

Don't get me wrong, I want the kid to play, but the circumstances here are just dumb. Guy he met after committing to Ohio State lends him a few grand "loan" almost a year ago? Please.
This was done and the money was paid back before the season even began. If OSU knew and 'calculated' this why did they wait all the way until Week 11? That doesn't make any sense at all. This wasn't done so it could conveniently happen right when PSU comes to town. That's just conspiracy talk

Are they still under any sort of extra scrutiny/subject to extra penalties for additional violations from tresselgate or did all of that expire?

Ok, so is he suspended for the rest of the season or just for tomorrow? In all of this madness nobody has answered that question

If a family friend indeed loaned him money so his parents could see him play in the Rose Bowl, and he paid them back, there should be at maximum a two game suspension for it (really should be 0 but **** the NCAA and its outdated rules)

Why should that suspension be 3 or 4 games because the opponents happened to be PSU and UM? That doesn't make sense.
Why should the suspension be only 2 games when the next opponents would be PSU and Michigan? That doesn't make sense.

Why should the suspension be only 2 games when the next opponents would be PSU and Michigan? That doesn't make sense.
Because suspensions don't and shouldn't be given out based on who the upcoming opponents are.

because osu came clean now to make sure he only missed scrimmages. He paid it back last summer... Osu just found out today? Please.

Ok, so is he suspended for the rest of the season or just for tomorrow? In all of this madness nobody has answered that question
Only thing confirmed is he's suspended for tomorrow's game. If it was an agent that give him money he's likely suspended for the year.

Only thing confirmed is he's suspended for tomorrow's game. If it was an agent that give him money he's likely suspended for the year.

Are agents the same as close family friends? Can some be? Is it a situation like cats and tigers, where all tigers are cats but only some cats are tigers?

Reactions: bmw199
Are agents the same as close family friends? Can some be? Is it a situation like cats and tigers, where all tigers are cats but only some cats are tigers?
Is that like a Clemson Tiger posing as a "nut" on a Lion's message board?

If the money was paid back so quickly why did they need it in the 1st place? It was a gift from a person hoping to represent the young man when he turns pro plain and simple. The money was paid back because there was suspicion that the gift would come to light.

The whole thing is a cash advance/inducement from and agent any way you spin it.

And, was it really paid back, or did the "family friend" give him a receipt saying it was paid back, but never really received money from the player?

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Because suspensions don't and shouldn't be given out based on who the upcoming opponents are.
Hey genius we're not arguing about when the suspensions are being given out, we're saying that OSU timed their "self reporting" (if that is what really happened) so that the suspensions were handed out to have minimal impact. The good news is that Game Day will be discussing it ad-nauseum tomorrow, making your university look like the cheating bastards they are and always have been.

Do you think PSU football should be shut down?

The NCAA tried to shut it down by imposing penalties against the players and program that were insane and obscene, given that: A) those being punished had nothing to do with the offenses in question; and B) those offenses were outside the NCAA's purview to begin with.

The result was that we had to play you guys with one hand tied behind our back for years. And even that wasn't enough. You still needed Jim Delany, John O'Neill, and assorted friends to help y'all out.

Yeah, I want Chase Young suspended for the rest of the year and dispatched forthwith to his wealthy future in the NFL. And after that, I want OSU to vacate every single victory in games he played.

But don't worry, we all know it's not gonna happen...because the rules and the standards are a joke, to be applied (or not) based on politics and influence-peddling. Welcome to America 2019.

Hey genius we're not arguing about when the suspensions are being given out, we're saying that OSU timed their "self reporting" (if that is what really happened) so that the suspensions were handed out to have minimal impact. The good news is that Game Day will be discussing it ad-nauseum tomorrow, making your university look like the cheating bastards they are and always have been.
Once again with the conspiracies lol you are of full of jealousy and I love it. You really got me with that GameDay comment though! (do people still watch that horrible show?)

What a loser

If the NCAA had any balls...they don't but if they did...They would retroactively make him ineligible and force OSU to forfeit ever game since the loan was given that he participated in.
It's all going to come down to if the loan was made by a booster or agent. If not, nothing to see. If boosters or agents were involved, bye-bye Chase. I think that's what OSU and the NCAA are now sorting out.

The only way a school forfeits games or goes on probation is if they tried to hide the infraction (like Tressel did). Sounds like OSU reported it upfront.

Once again with the conspiracies lol you are of full of jealousy and I love it. You really got me with that GameDay comment though! (do people still watch that horrible show?)

What a loser

still waiting on whether osu wrestling deserves to be shut down.

also need an explanation for how someone he never met til after he signed and enrolled is considered a close family friend. Are the Young’s that awful that they have no other friends?

It's all going to come down to if the loan was made by a booster or agent. If not, nothing to see. If boosters or agents were involved, bye-bye Chase. I think that's what OSU and the NCAA are now sorting out.

The only way a school forfeits games is if they tried to hide the infraction (like Tressel did). Sounds like OSU reported it upfront.

he paid it back last summer, I think it’s a stretch to say no one from osu heard about it until November.

What a loser

Yeah, Micah Parsons watches it. Remember?

Hmm. I would say that Ohio State, or at least May, just found out about this recently. If it was known about in the Summer, they would have announced this during their cupcake OOC games (Cincy being the lone challenge).

What a loser
I guess you are the lucky recipient of an Ohio State "education" so I will spell it out for you. Try to keep up. There is a big difference between hearsay and actual, credible evidence. Evidence is overwhelming against your corrupt school and also Michigan State. Versus a lynch mob with no real evidence at all. Comparing the two collections of evidence is asinine. It's not even remotely close.

You and the Michigan idiots can get away with this against the likes of Indiana and Purdue but we all see you for what you are, you and your ilk are not fooling anyone here. You are a filthy program and everyone with a brain knows it. You're just used to everyone letting you get away with it all and you pussies don't like it when someone calls you out for what you are.

And we are all calling you out for what you obviously are. It's not like you can finesse it. You are a bunch of turds and it's not cloaked, it's right out there for anyone with half a brain to see. You don't have half a brain (yet very well may hold a 4-year degree from OSU) so I will excuse you, somewhat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT