ADVERTISEMENT

Shots fired by crybaby Manning

Those guys crying over a TD that was already in major margins and clearly was leading to a tech is the perfect summation on why any serious kid with maturity goes to Penn State when given the option. And why the wrestling universe is still light years behind the PSU staff.
I hope Carter gets the 7 seed so he can beat Griffin in the quarters.

I hope Carter gets the 7 seed so he can beat Griffin in the quarters.
No chance Carter falls that far. He can't be seeded below Welsh or Kennedy, who are probably the 6-7 seeds. Carter likely slides in at the 4 or 5.

Plus, Griffin's injury looked serious so I'm not even certain if he'll compete at nationals, which would be a bummer. He slammed his headgear down in frustration after being hurt.

Reactions: creamery freak
Carter will be seeded so that a rematch with Lewis can happen so no 4 or 5… maybe 6 or 7 if not 3…

No chance Carter falls that far. He can't be seeded below Welsh or Kennedy, who are probably the 6-7 seeds. Carter likely slides in at the 4 or 5.

Plus, Griffin's injury looked serious so I'm not even certain if he'll compete at nationals, which would be a bummer. He slammed his headgear down in frustration after being hurt.
Prediction:

Sugar Shane gets the 11, Carter gets the 3/6.

I will be kind of shocked if they punish the 1 by making him see Carter earlier than the finals.

You’re right but won’t happen. I always liked the assistant Snyder. Not sure how he sticks by the crybabies side for all these years. Hopefully he takes the reigns next or comes back to PA and jumpstarts a PA program
I thought Snyder already had a side gig with TD Ameritrade.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault-1200x675.jpg

I get how the committee is likely to put CS below the 1 slot but if so they need their heads examined. Carter walked out and defaulted without any noticeable limp. With another two weeks I'm expecting him to be completely fine. Anyone with the ability to think should put a +90% Carter at the 1, ranking numbers be damned.

This of course is JMO.

Manning is ridiculous. It was seven years ago, let it go, it will improve your mental health.

Also, Suriano eaned the spot, the right thing to do if you are the coach is to let it play out and see if your guy can go. NCAA's was 3 and a half weeks after the injury, it very well could have been possible that Suriano could have recovered enough to wrestle. Unfortunately, that decision is going to be made at the last second and would prevent someone else from taking the spot if he cannot go.

If PSU ruled Suriano out early on, yes someone else could have gone to Nationals, problem is they would have been the 34th wrestler in the weight class...very doubtful they do anything.

The best way to get to NCAA's is to qualify yourself. Manning, you should tell Bubba that.

Anyone doubt if Lovett was injured late in the season that Manning would do everything possible to see him wrestle at NCAA's, even taking it down to the wire.

Bubba Wilson, Nebraska’s 174, didn’t get an at-large. That’s what this is all about.

He finished 9th at B1G’s, qualifying for at-large consideration on the basis of being one spot from AQ. But wasn’t selected.

Here’s where it gets ironic. Take Carter out of B1G’s completely, like Manning is crying about, and B1G has only 7 AQ’s at 174. His guy, who didn’t finish top 8, doesn’t qualify for at-large consideration.

Dude was only even in consideration for an at-large because Carter got an AQ and defaulted out.
So in other words he owes Cael a big "thank you" for giving Bubba an extra opportunity to get into Nationals.

Manning is ridiculous. It was seven years ago, let it go, it will improve your mental health.

Also, Suriano eaned the spot, the right thing to do if you are the coach is to let it play out and see if your guy can go. NCAA's was 3 and a half weeks after the injury, it very well could have been possible that Suriano could have recovered enough to wrestle. Unfortunately, that decision is going to be made at the last second and would prevent someone else from taking the spot if he cannot go.

If PSU ruled Suriano out early on, yes someone else could have gone to Nationals, problem is they would have been the 34th wrestler in the weight class...very doubtful they do anything.

The best way to get to NCAA's is to qualify yourself. Manning, you should tell Bubba that.

Anyone doubt if Lovett was injured late in the season that Manning would do everything possible to see him wrestle at NCAA's, even taking it down to the wire.
Like Manning would have handled it any different than Cael did.

I would have to say it is hard not being yourself but with age comes wisdom, or should, and with that I see Manning SHOULD BE calming down a bit. TnT can be entertaining in their rants, i don't find that so with Manning. Regardless, Nick did have a stint up there in Michigan and who knows what he may have said or had been interpreted. Bottom line - no need to tweet anything on the subject. He should separate himself from his students.

Last edited:
Reactions: psu 83
-So, per several witnesses Cael wasnt the one who held Nick out.
-Per Cael himself, HE is the one who held Carter out.
-Was Carters injury that much more serious then Nicks,if at all??
-Remind me why Nick left PS, cuz none of this fits what I've always read.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
-So, per several witnesses Cael wasnt the one who held Nick out.
-Per Cael himself, HE is the one who held Carter out.
-Was Carters injury that much more serious then Nicks,if at all??
-Remind me why Nick left PS, cuz none of this fits what I've always read.
You are forgetting that Nick's was at nationals and Carter's was at B1Gs. Whatever damage Nick would have done could have been repaired for next season. Anything Carter did at B1Gs would effect him at nationals. Big difference.

Carter also made it clear that he wants a shot at Olympics.

So why wrestle B1G tourney and risk aggravating an injury when you've already basically qualified for the big one.

He needs first at Natty's to qualify for the trials. (Only Champs qualify, correct?)

NO BRAINER!!!!

I would have to say it is hard not being yourself but with age comes wisdom, or should, and with that I see Manning calming down a bit. TnT can be entertaining in their rants, i don't find that so with Manning. Regardless, Nick did have a stint up there in Michigan and who knows what he may have said or had been interpreted. Bottom line - no need to tweet anything on the subject. He should separate himself from his students.
I can't find Manning's exact age but he graduated in 1985, vs. Brands graduating in 1992. So perhaps Coach Illegal Fist in the Back should've been calmer and wiser in the first place.

Manning is also older than: Smith, Koll, Dresser, and Santoro.

Bubba Wilson, Nebraska’s 174, didn’t get an at-large. That’s what this is all about.

He finished 9th at B1G’s, qualifying for at-large consideration on the basis of being one spot from AQ. But wasn’t selected.

Here’s where it gets ironic. Take Carter out of B1G’s completely, like Manning is crying about, and B1G has only 7 AQ’s at 174. His guy, who didn’t finish top 8, doesn’t qualify for at-large consideration.

Dude was only even in consideration for an at-large because Carter got an AQ and defaulted out.
So Nebby is whining because their guy (Bubba Wilson) who went 16-12 on the season, including a 1-6 record in conference duals, didn’t get an at-large bid?

Okay, Wilson won the mini-bracket at B1G to finish 9th. Would have been a nice story to get an at-large bid after gutting thru the mini- bracket. But to whine about something that happened in 2017 because Wilson didn’t get an at-large bid? Talk about petty.

So Manning's mediocre 174 pounder deserves a shot, but Nick Suriano hadn't earned one? Carter Starocci hasn't earned one? Give me a break. As has been pointed out, even if Bubba got in (the fact that he didn't is nobody's fault but his own), he still wasn't going to somehow propel Nebraska to a national title this season. Why would Cael care if the 32nd, 33rd or 34th best wrestler in the weight class got to go to nationals? How would it possibly benefit PSU to try to prevent it? If Cael truly knew that Starocci would be a scratch at nationals (he won't be), wouldn't it stand to reason that he would have let Barraclough go at Big Tens? Of course it would. Manning is a stupid buffoon and an embarrassment besides. And for the record, there's not one person on the planet who doesn't fully expect Carter Starocci to wrestle at NCAAs and most probably presume that he'll win. Manning believes that the favorite to win his 4th national title should have been refused an at large bid so that Manning's very mediocre wrestler might get one? Geez Louise, give me a break.

Last edited:
baby tI can't find Manning's exact age but he graduated in 1985, vs. Brands graduating in 1992. So perhaps Coach Illegal Fist in the Back should've been calmer and wiser in the first place.

Hmm, here’s a vid of Manning I took outside Rec this year:
Sad Baby GIF

Last edited:

Not only that, but if Cael had pulled Starocci and inserted Barraclough instead, he would have finished somewhere between 2nd and 4th and taken one of the AQs, so not only would there be there fewer AQ spots, Wilson probably gets pushed down a spot in the final standings as well (and there would be no "true 9th" matches for him to win since only the top 8 places would need to be determined). Manning's rant gets more and more embarrassing the deeper you look into it.

You are forgetting that Nick's was at nationals and Carter's was at B1Gs. Whatever damage Nick would have done could have been repaired for next season. Anything Carter did at B1Gs would effect him at nationals. Big difference.
Cutch and others are claiming it was NICK who made the call not to go. Ive no reason to not believe them but why then was Nick and Bob so mad they transfered?

Cutch and others are claiming it was NICK who made the call not to go. Ive no reason to not believe them but why then was Nick and Bob so mad they transfered?
I think you're reading Cutch's tweet too literally. The substance of the tweet was that Nick was practicing and the decision wasn't made until the day of the tournament, so Manning is full of shit. It wasn't intended to convey anything about who made the decision.

Nick’s comments after he left (can’t remember if he was still at Rutger or off at Michigan) seemed open for interpretation, with one possibility being that he left because he felt he was being pushed by PSU to wrestle on a broken ankle. Wasn’t that also a part of his transfer waiver request, that he was at odds with the medical decisions (although I always thought that had more to do with a surgery vs no surgery recommendation)? I find it hard to believe that Cael would put him at risk, but certainly possible Cael thought he could be effective and score points at less than 100% while Nick was less so convinced.

Reactions: golfnutpsu
Maybe their 165 pounder who’s been forced to wrestle 174 just needed 2 more weeks to prove he’s one of the best 33 at the weight.

I can't find Manning's exact age but he graduated in 1985, vs. Brands graduating in 1992. So perhaps Coach Illegal Fist in the Back should've been calmer and wiser in the first place.

ha! I edited my post to be more direct with my thoughts... ".. Manning SHOULD BE calming down a bit.".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT